Cheesy grits with crispy bacon.

JoeMoma

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2014
Just had a great big bowl of cheesy grits with lots of crispy bacon broken into the grits.
I am blessed.

I had grits 20 years ago and I was not fond of them at all. I think I have a box in my cupboard that has been there for at least a year because I was quite sure if they were home made they would be better. I just........haven't gotten around to it. They might still suck.

I had grits 20 years ago and I was not fond of them at all. I think I have a box in my cupboard that has been there for at least a year because I was quite sure if they were home made they would be better. I just........haven't gotten around to it. They might still suck.

Grits by themselves suck!!!
It's what you add to them that makes them great.
Think of it as redneck Tofu.

Like what?

Like what?
Like cheese and bacon.

Like what?
Like cheese and bacon.
And margarine or butter.

Grits like Tofu will take on the flavor of what you add to them.
Sometimes I like simple grits and butter,other times like was mentioned cheese and bacon.
Sausage works or maple syrup,bacon drippings or anything else you might like for breakfast.

Polenta is fine....as long as you add cheese and or a plethora of other flavorings.
To me Grits,Polenta and plain old spaghetti suck.
It's what you add that makes the difference.

When I was real young polenta was a dinner/breakfast thang. Now it's sells for a pretty penny in restaurants. Plain spaghetti is horrible.

Tofu is horrible by itself.

Forum List

Back