Cheerleaders with a collar: An open letter to the Black preachers stunting for Donald Trump

Agree....

I think black clergy and leaders SHOULD meet with Trump but do it like Dr. King did. King did not cower at the sight of JFK and tell him how great he is and beg for a few crumbs
He demanded civil rights and voting rights, he insisted JFK take action against southern terrorists

Today’s leaders should do the same instead of settling for a photo op with a grinning Trump

Not 'southern' terrorists -- dimocrap terrorists.

Why do you scum keep running away from your party's history?

Are you ashamed of it?
Southern terrorists
I did not see any church bombings in the north

KKK is 100 percent Republican TODAY. Why are you running away from your parties history?

THe kkk today is, at most, 8,000 people in a nation of over 300 million.
THe only people giving them the attention that keeps them limping along, is liberals.

Did you yank that number outta yer butt?
SPLC estimates at as many as 4 million - Let's just go with 3 million and leave it at that.
Ku Klux Klan

From YOUR LINK, you moron.

"By 1925, when its followers staged a huge Washington, D.C. march, the Klan had as many as 4 million members and, in some states, considerable political power. But a series of sex scandals, internal battles over power and newspaper exposés quickly reduced its influence...."

But today.

"Since the 1970s the Klan has been greatly weakened by internal conflicts, court cases, a seemingly endless series of splits and government infiltration. While some factions have preserved an openly racist and militant approach, others have tried to enter the mainstream, cloaking their racism as mere "civil rights for whites." Today, the Center estimates that there are between 5,000 and 8,000 Klan members, split among dozens of different - and often warring - organizations that use the Klan name."

Even the Southern Poverty Law Center gives 8.000 as the UPPER LIMIT, on klan numbers.
People do not want to run around in sheets anymore. They prefer leather and tattoos. There are plenty of other racist and neo Nazi groups they can join
All you have to do is look at the number of deplorables who voted for Trump to see the klan (or whatever they want to call themselves) is still strong

I stopped reading here. The writer is obvious a moron and a race baiting asshole FUCK HIM.

It was written by a whole bunch of normal black preachers - both male and female. I asked politely not to comment unless you read the piece.

Beat it

I agree with Correll above.
I did, in fact, read the article, and do NOT believe "...it was written by a whole bunch of normal black preachers.".

"...leaving our nation in the chaotic shadows of emboldened racism, ugly xenophobia, predatory patriarchy and unvarnished greed.”

Slander. No effort was made to provide evidence that Pres.Trump displays or possesses any such traits. WTF is "predatory patriarchy"? Frankly I believe Pres. Trump comes far closer to actually being a moral leader.

Evidence of Donald Trump racism:
Opinion | Donald Trump’s Racism: The Definitive List

Evidence of Donald Trump immorality ... minimally four of his affairs and gropings occurred after he married Melania:
Meet 19 women who claim affairs with Trump or accuse him of unwanted advances

Evangelicals have literally sold their souls. Sad :(
son, someone needs to educate your sorry ass. You should understand that Opinion isn't evidence. I'm just saying, you're one lost toad.

upload_2018-8-7_16-47-58.gif

Yeah, being on welfare is not really a job...dumbass.
The Great Obama created 13 million jobs
Welfare Hits Record Levels After 50 Years of War on Poverty

Welfare has been coming down for ten years

Sure
More-Than-100-Million-Americans-Are-On-Welfare-460x334.png

Your chart drops off seven years ago

Try again

This is beautifully written - Discuss intelligently after actually READING, or not at all. Thanks in advance.

In the letter below, delivered exclusively to theGrio, several well-known, Black pastors have come together to collectively rebut their fellow sisters and brothers in Christ. Below are their thoughts on why Donald Trump is the most divisive leader our country has ever witnessed and how Trump’s Black pastors have completely lost touch with their spiritual and cultural connections.

Teaser:

Dear Colleagues in Christ:

With heartbreak, yet hope, we reach out to you in the name of our Lord and Liberator, Jesus, the Christ. It was unsettling and upsetting to witness the meeting with you, our moral leaders, and one of the most amoral persons to ever occupy the White House in the name of discussing prison reform.

We are sure it must have been intoxicating to walk the corridors of power and sit at the table of governing authority. Unfortunately, those precincts of power have been infected by white supremacy and moral bankruptcy. Dr. Cornel West is correct, “we are in the spiritual eclipse of decency, honesty and integrity,” leaving our nation in the chaotic shadows of emboldened racism, ugly xenophobia, predatory patriarchy and unvarnished greed.”

Given your proximity to power and your “seat at the table” in this toxic, political climate, it’s painfully disappointing that instead of being prophetic clergy persons you became presidential cheerleaders. We could never imagine the eighth century prophets cheering the kings of Judah and Israel who were in similar political climates. We know John the Baptist wasn’t content to cheer Herod on and express his gratitude and honor for a seat at the table, declaring that Herod was the most “pro-Jewish king in our lifetime.”

We need not remind you of the posture of the Prince of Peace, our Savior from the streets, when He stood before Herod and Pilate. He didn’t even pray for them. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr was quoted yesterday but not emulated. Dr. King had a seat at the table at the White House, but he brought the menu of a civil and voting rights agenda to Presidents who transformed the nation.​

Continued:

Cheerleaders with a collar: An open letter to the Black preachers stunting for Donald Trump - theGrio
OOOOO! An open letter! That's almost as good as an on-line petition!

Lies is all you’ve got.

Are you ashamed of it?
Southern terrorists

KKK is 100 percent Republican TODAY. Why are you running away from your parties history?

THe only people giving them the attention that keeps them limping along, is liberals.

SPLC estimates at as many as 4 million - Let's just go with 3 million and leave it at that.
Ku Klux Klan

"By 1925, when its followers staged a huge Washington, D.C. march, the Klan had as many as 4 million members and, in some states, considerable political power. But a series of sex scandals, internal battles over power and newspaper exposés quickly reduced its influence...."

But today.

"Since the 1970s the Klan has been greatly weakened by internal conflicts, court cases, a seemingly endless series of splits and government infiltration. While some factions have preserved an openly racist and militant approach, others have tried to enter the mainstream, cloaking their racism as mere "civil rights for whites." Today, the Center estimates that there are between 5,000 and 8,000 Klan members, split among dozens of different - and often warring - organizations that use the Klan name."

Even the Southern Poverty Law Center gives 8.000 as the UPPER LIMIT, on klan numbers.
People do not want to run around in sheets anymore. They prefer leather and tattoos. There are plenty of other racist and neo Nazi groups they can join
All you have to do is look at the number of deplorables who voted for Trump to see the klan (or whatever they want to call themselves) is still strong

Are you ashamed of it?
Southern terrorists

Ku Klux Klan

But today.

Study up ya Triple-Spaced Out Goober.

Why US right-wing groups are on the rise
FBI considers white supremacist groups as much of a threat as Isis

YOu are the one that just tried to tell me that there were FOUR MILLION KLANSMAN in this nation, today, when the real number is less than one tenth of one percent of that.

Why are you not celebrating? YOu just found out that the Klan, the iconic leader of white supremacy in this nation, is less than a shadow of what you thought it was.

You should be ecstatic.

I already knew that. That is why I consider them an irrelevant fringe.

BECAUSE THEY ARE.

Seriously, if I just found out that an organization that I considered a real danger to me and mine, was less than one tenth of one percent as big as I thought it was,

I would be shouting out in joy.

The person that informed me of that, I would be thanking, even if it was someone I disagree with.

I am the bear of FANTASTIC NEWS, for you.

Yet, you seem, not happy. YOu are attacking me still.

It is almost as though you are NOT happy to learn how weak and pathetic the Klan is.

Jeez, think of that for a moment.

You, the lefty, is not happy to hear of the Klan being weak and pathetic.

I, the conservative, knew it and was and is happy about it.

Does that Truth fit into your world view?

I know it does not.

Southern terrorists

Ku Klux Klan

But today.

Study up ya Triple-Spaced Out Goober.

Why US right-wing groups are on the rise
FBI considers white supremacist groups as much of a threat as Isis

YOu are the one that just tried to tell me that there were FOUR MILLION KLANSMAN in this nation, today, when the real number is less than one tenth of one percent of that.

Why are you not celebrating? YOu just found out that the Klan, the iconic leader of white supremacy in this nation, is less than a shadow of what you thought it was.

You should be ecstatic.

BECAUSE THEY ARE.

Seriously, if I just found out that an organization that I considered a real danger to me and mine, was less than one tenth of one percent as big as I thought it was,

The person that informed me of that, I would be thanking, even if it was someone I disagree with.

It is almost as though you are NOT happy to learn how weak and pathetic the Klan is.

I know it does not.
and the klan that does exist are still demolosers. can we please educate the fking left in this forum. Klansmen are democrats.

Are you ashamed of it?
Southern terrorists

Ku Klux Klan

But today.

Plenty of tiny and irrelevant groups. Show me one that has more numbers than the Klan. I challenge you.

YOu are using the votes of half the nation to argue that an organization of 8k is somehow relevant.

If half the nation was aligned with the Klan, seriously, you would fucking know it.

You would not have to make up shit about racism in our society, you would be able to cite laws and open policies.

DUmbass.

You should be ecstatic.
BECAUSE THEY ARE.
I know it does not.

Forgive me for consolidating your triple-spaceboy worldview .. but per usual, you are FOS.
YOU are the "bear of fantastic news" for ME?
Thanks but no thanks you insufferable asshole.
And I don't like Bears

Last edited:
You should be ecstatic.
BECAUSE THEY ARE.
I know it does not.

Forgive me for consolidating your triple-spaceboy worldview .. but per usual, you are FOS.
and yet he was. you should be thanking him. what an ass.

Southern terrorists

Ku Klux Klan

But today.

Plenty of tiny and irrelevant groups. Show me one that has more numbers than the Klan. I challenge you.

YOu are using the votes of half the nation to argue that an organization of 8k is somehow relevant.

If half the nation was aligned with the Klan, seriously, you would fucking know it.

You would not have to make up shit about racism in our society, you would be able to cite laws and open policies.

DUmbass.
There were enough white supremacists to elect Trump

Ku Klux Klan

But today.

DUmbass.
There were enough black supremacists to elect Obama.

You should be ecstatic.
BECAUSE THEY ARE.
I know it does not.

And I don't like Bears

Dude you should be walking on air, for years!

You thought that white supremacy was this HUGE problem, and, in your perception, that problem was just reduced by over 99 per cent!!!!

How can you not be happy right now? Think about why you are not happy, with the news you just got.

Learning that white supremacy is infinitely WEAKER than you though, is making you madder, not happier.

What type of person is not happy to learn that white supremacy is vastly weaker than he thought?

Ku Klux Klan

But today.

DUmbass.

Says the moron unable to support his claim(s).

Forum List

Back