Chattanooga cuts 4th of July budget and decided to split the budget to give half to next year's Juneteenth event.

You mean it has no national meaning for white racist, but it has a lot of meaning to her folks of color. I remember the same white racist whining and moaning when they made MLK's birthday and national holiday.

You don't even know the origins of “Juneteenth”. It has no national meaning.

And I laugh at people like you who trash King's 'content of character' because you still push affirmative action, quotas, and other race-based programs.

No, you don't know the origins of "Juneteenth" Tell me Excalibur, what were black folks doing on the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, 7th or 8th 4th of July.

You are, as always, ineducable.

Slavery ended in December 1865 with the proclamation of the ratification of the 13th Amendment.

“Juneteenth” was merely a day when a Union officer informed slaves in Texas that Lincoln had freed them with the Emancipation Proclamation. It has no other meaning.

Free blacks were doing many things on 'the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, 7th or 8th 4th of July.'

You are, as always, ineducable.

Slavery ended in December 1865 with the proclamation of the ratification of the 13th Amendment.

“Juneteenth” was merely a day when a Union officer informed slaves in Texas that Lincoln had freed them with the Emancipation Proclamation. It has no other meaning.

Free blacks were doing many things on 'the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, 7th or 8th 4th of July.'
So were they still slaves when the Union Officer informed them they were no longer slaves? It is amazing how you white cowards try to make it seem as though slavery wasn't really no big deal. How many free blacks were there on July 4th 1778, 79, 80, 81? Were they celebrating as equals to white citizens?

You mean it has no national meaning for white racist, but it has a lot of meaning to her folks of color. I remember the same white racist whining and moaning when they made MLK's birthday and national holiday.
Most of America had never heard of this small Texas town holiday before the summer of blm. Now they want to replace independence day to pacify 12% of the population

Forum List

Back