Chase Utley - Ruben Tejada play

the fact that USMB's resident troll rightwinger said he did it on purpose is PROOF the suspension is BS.:up:

thats the last person a logical person would want backing them up.this disinfo agent runs away from facts the rams are coming back to LA next year.:biggrin::lmao:

lets see,who should i listen to,USMB's resident troll rightwinger and this nutcase,or a credible person name cal ripken who says there was nothing dirty about it. gee I wonder which i should listen to and which one is credible.:biggrin:

"rolls out of chair laughing.":rofl::haha:

?
Good slide. Shit happens.

Utley still hasn't touched the base
He did what he was supposed to do.

He never touched second base

How can he be called safe?
Umpire called him safe.

He never touched second base

How can he be called safe?
Umpire called him safe.

The umpire called him out, they reversed on the replay claiming Tejada never touched second. But neither did Utley

Anybody who's watched a lot of baseball has seen the very same break up slide hundreds of time. This time someone got injured in the playoffs and now there's a swirl of righteous indignation, but fuck it, that's baseball!

Just because the play is customary and accepted doesn't mean that it's not messed up - and cowardly to boot. "Incidental contact" is contact that is made when doing something that is a legitimate part of a game. When a football player blocks someone into another player, that is incidental contact. Sliding into a player who is not on the base is BS. As is calling the runner out when the baseman never touches the base.

The good thing is that with at least two key players getting broken legs in the course of these collisions in the past couple months, maybe they will make a sane rule adjustment.

Chase Utley reminds me of the restaurant robber in Pulp Fiction; throw the book at him.

As a Met fan, it does me no good if Utley is suspended
It will take place after the Met/Dodger series

What pisses me off is they reviewed the play in replay as Tejada was carted off the field. Their only action was to declare Tejada missed the bag by inches (neighborhood play) and took back the out and put Utley on second. Meanwhile, Utley made no attempt to touch second and STILL hasn't touched the bag

Replay showed Utley did not start to slide till he was passed the bag and made no attempt to touch it. He aimed for the defensive player instead of the bag. It should have been obstruction/double play and Mets get out of the inning ahead 2-1
the fact that USMB's resident troll rightwinger said he did it on purpose is PROOF the suspension is BS.:up:

thats the last person a logical person would want backing them up.this disinfo agent runs away from facts the rams are coming back to LA next year.:biggrin::lmao:

lets see,who should i listen to,USMB's resident troll rightwinger and this nutcase,or a credible person name cal ripken who says there was nothing dirty about it. gee I wonder which i should listen to and which one is credible.:biggrin:

"rolls out of chair laughing.":rofl::haha:

?

:udaman::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Forum List

Back