Chase Utley - Ruben Tejada play

Ex-Phillie Utley woke the Dodgers up with that play and shifted the series momentum in favor of the Dodgers for the next game. Tejada should not make the same mistake again by taking his eye off of the runner.......that is, if he ever plays again. Give me 'dat 'old-time' baseball!

duh they have suspended utley for two games....
which is bullshit. they might as well put skirts on these shortstops and catchers with that new stupid rule where the catcher cannot block homeplate.that should be the catchers decision if he wants to get hurt or not,not baseballs.

Utley hit Tejada before he hit the ground. That's a tackle.

Interference.....double play. Mets lead 2-1.
cal ripken disagrees with you.Now who is the idiot?:lmao: oh let me guess,ripken is an idiot also?:lmao::rolleyes-41::rofl::uhoh3:

He was doing the broadcast and he said there was nothing dirty about it.that he was doing nothing more than trying to break up a double play.

If cal ripken says there was nothing wrong with it,then its a joke that he got suspended.:uhoh3:

If he had not been seriously injured this would not have even been an issue and he never would never have been suspended.baseball has become a joke now.

Pete Rose did not get suspended when he slid in hard to bud harrelson in the mets/reds playoff game.Neither did Hal Mcrae when he slid into willie randolph in the 77 game with the royals and yankees.

Like B Kidd said,give me some old time baseball.

Utley was hardly doing the ty cobb thing purposely trying to injure him after all.:mad::rolleyes:

Cal Ripken is not an idiot. Neither is Joe Torre. They disagree.

The slide was way late and the fucker didn't give a shit about reaching the bag. He assumed he was out....and went over the line in his attempt to break up the DP. He wasn't intending to hurt Tejada.....but he didn't care if he did or not. Too late......too high. Period.

You assholes pretend that these guys aren't as tough as they were in the "olde days". My ass. They are every bit as tough.

If you fuckers weren't nuts.....I'd give you the name of my former travel team organization.....my kids played hard and we had our share of collisions at home and take out slides on the bases. But...we didn't slide that late or that high. Fuck you dummies......you don't know shit.

What's with the forum name? You one of those 9-11 conspiracy freaks?

Bullshit slide. You sound like the kind of guy who wanted to play, but throws like a little girl. Had you played......you'd know that it was a bullshit slide.

As a Met fan, it does me no good if Utley is suspended
It will take place after the Met/Dodger series

What pisses me off is they reviewed the play in replay as Tejada was carted off the field. Their only action was to declare Tejada missed the bag by inches (neighborhood play) and took back the out and put Utley on second. Meanwhile, Utley made no attempt to touch second and STILL hasn't touched the bag

Replay showed Utley did not start to slide till he was passed the bag and made no attempt to touch it. He aimed for the defensive player instead of the bag. It should have been obstruction/double play and Mets get out of the inning ahead 2-1

What pisses me off is they reviewed the play in replay as Tejada was carted off the field. Their only action was to declare Tejada missed the bag by inches (neighborhood play) and took back the out and put Utley on second. Meanwhile, Utley made no attempt to touch second and STILL hasn't touched the bag

Replay showed Utley did not start to slide till he was passed the bag and made no attempt to touch it. He aimed for the defensive player instead of the bag. It should have been obstruction/double play and Mets get out of the inning ahead 2-1
the fact that USMB's resident troll rightwinger said he did it on purpose is PROOF the suspension is BS.:up:

thats the last person a logical person would want backing them up.this disinfo agent runs away from facts the rams are coming back to LA next year.:biggrin::lmao:

lets see,who should i listen to,USMB's resident troll rightwinger and this nutcase,or a credible person name cal ripken who says there was nothing dirty about it. gee I wonder which i should listen to and which one is credible.:biggrin:

"rolls out of chair laughing.":rofl::haha:

the fact that USMB's resident troll rightwinger said he did it on purpose is PROOF the suspension is BS.:up:

thats the last person a logical person would want backing them up.this disinfo agent runs away from facts the rams are coming back to LA next year.:biggrin::lmao:

lets see,who should i listen to,USMB's resident troll rightwinger and this nutcase,or a credible person name cal ripken who says there was nothing dirty about it. gee I wonder which i should listen to and which one is credible.:biggrin:

?

?
Good slide. Shit happens.

?

Utley still hasn't touched the base

?

He did what he was supposed to do.

?

He did what he was supposed to do.

He never touched second base

How can he be called safe?

Forum List

Back