Charles Krauthammer

Darkwind

Diamond Member
Jun 18, 2009
May he rest in peace.

Agree or disagree, the man influenced America.

I found that most of the time, I was about 65/35 with his views.

His thoughts and opinions, however; were always thought-provoking and the beauty of the world is less than it was.

Did not like his criticism of President Trump which is to rebuke the wishes of the Ameican people who were tired of how Washington operated and wanted real change.

RIP

Did not like his criticism of President Trump which is to rebuke the wishes of the Ameican people who were tired of how Washington operated and wanted real change.

RIP

Of course not, why would anyone criticize your hero.

RIP
He called Trump a Rodeo Clown.
He said that we had the strongest group of presidential candidates in history.
You could fill a cabinet with the quality candidates that the Republicans have assembled.
Instead the front-runner is this "Rodeo Clown".

May he RIP, but clearly he was a warmonger and an elitist establishmentarian. Not someone I ever admired.

I believe he was one of the last of his kind..... an honest journalist.
You may agreed or disagreed with him, but his honest opinion was what you got.
And now it is pretty much extinct.

There are other thoughtful people who analyze the policies and the politics of the day, but for the most part they are relegated to speaking engagements for this and that interest group and no one hears about them unless you tune into CSpan. Charles Krauthammer made it to the national spotlight and got his message across to millions. Deservedly so. His opinions always had a well thought out reason and he knew his facts.

There are other thoughtful people who analyze the policies and the politics of the day, but for the most part they are relegated to speaking engagements for this and that interest group and no one hears about them unless you tune into CSpan. Charles Krauthammer made it to the national spotlight and got his message across to millions. Deservedly so. His opinions always had a well thought out reason and he knew his facts.

Sort of like Ben Carson.
When he first appeared in the spotlight, I had hopes. He was saying the right things, his thoughts mirrored mine in a lot of things. Namely the understanding of not just the degree of corruption in Washington, but how and why.
But then as he gained popularity and the campaigned became serious - he needed money. And the only ones there to dole it out was the far right camps. And in the end showed he was not cut out for the Presidency at all, he changed his tune completely and reformed himself to match what his "investors" wanted him to say, And he became like the corruption he spoke out against.

Last edited:
May he rest in peace.

His thoughts and opinions, however; were always thought-provoking and the beauty of the world is less than it was.

such a very well spoken man. one of the few i enjoyed listening to and about the only reason i'd stop on that channel is if he was there.

As much as I agreed with him, his liberal upbringing colored his commentary.
It took him a decade to realize that conservatism was better than liberalism.

As much as I agreed with him, his liberal upbringing colored his commentary.
It took him a decade to realize that conservatism was better than liberalism.

Aye and he spoke of it often.
He was one of those folks who were liberal until the realization of just how disastrous the liberal policies of the 60's-70's were. I liked that about him, and what I mean by him being one of the last of his kind.

May he rest in peace.

"A case so strong that, against any of a dozen possible GOP candidates, voting for her opponent would be a no-brainer. Against Donald Trump, however, it’s a dilemma. I will not vote for Hillary Clinton. But, as I’ve explained in these columns, I could never vote for Donald Trump."

May he rest in peace.

I always like to hear what he had to say.

I didn't always agree with the man but he did impart some good wisdom on almost any subject.

His brand of insight will surely be missed.

RIP

You could fill a cabinet with the quality candidates that the Republicans have assembled.
The only thing he got right on this list was the "Rodeo Clown" part.

May he rest in peace.

"A case so strong that, against any of a dozen possible GOP candidates, voting for her opponent would be a no-brainer. Against Donald Trump, however, it’s a dilemma. I will not vote for Hillary Clinton. But, as I’ve explained in these columns, I could never vote for Donald Trump."

One of our senators said exactly the same thing. I thought Fox would kick him out, but that's how much respect he commanded.

The only thing he got right on this list was the "Rodeo Clown" part.
And this: "Identity politics is the mother's milk of the Democratic Left."-- Charles Krauthammer

Top 54 quotes of Charles Krauthammer famous quotes, rare quotes and sayings | inspringquotes.us

My love for him grew from my admiration for him. I didn't have to always agree with him and I appreciated his clarity of thought based upon his unique background and loving parents. RIP cherished one.

May he rest in peace.

Good Riddance to that Jew neocon scum!

A calm voice amidst the grade school cafeteria food fight.

We need many more of those, on both ends.
Unfortunately guys like him will be eaten alive by Democrats.

Let me tell you, Democrats are waging an all out war against this country, and being nice to them is foolish.
What's foolish is to believe that. That's like judging all conservatives as torch carrying white supremacists. Dems and the left are waging war against policies they vehemently disagree with in order to save the principles they believe are fundamental to America.

Forum List

Back