Zone1 Character flaws in a Christians

/-----/ And don't get me started on the Sisters of Charity.
iu

Nuns with guns! Yikes!

stick to the program,

Character flaws in Christians, but I can say this those who are , irrational behaviors non-Christians, I can have something for those who deem to be otherwise​

Character flaws in a Christians

Greetings
if Imay, let's see what the word says

Jer 2:29-31 (KJV) Wherefore will ye plead with me? ye all have transgressed against me, saith the LORD. In vain have I smitten your children; they received no correction: your own sword hath devoured your prophets, like a destroying lion. O generation, see ye the word of the LORD. Have I been a wilderness unto Israel? a land of darkness? wherefore say, my people, We are lords; we will come no more unto thee?

Jer 5:1
(KJV) Run ye to and fro through the streets of Jerusalem, and see now, and know, and seek in the broad places thereof, if ye can find a man, if there be any that executeth judgment, that seeketh the truth; and I will pardon it.

Jer 5:4-5 (KJV) Therefore I said, Surely these are poor; they are foolish: for they know not the way of the LORD, nor the judgment of their God. I will get me unto the great men, and will speak unto them; for they have known the way of the LORD, and the judgment of their God: but these have altogether broken the yoke, and burst the bonds.

Jer 5:3 (KJV) O LORD, are not thine eyes upon the truth? thou hast stricken them, but they have not grieved; thou hast consumed them, but they have refused to receive correction: they have made their faces harder than a rock; they have refused to return.

1 Thess 2:15-16 (KJV) Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men: Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

Jeremiah 7:27-31 (NKJV) "Therefore you shall speak all these words to them, but they will not obey you. You shall also call to them, but they will not answer you.
"So you shall say to them, 'This is a nation that does not obey the voice of the LORD their God nor receive correction. Truth has perished and has been cut off from their mouth.
Cut off your hair and cast it away, and take up a lamentation on the desolate heights; for the LORD has rejected and forsaken the generation of His wrath.'
For the children of Judah have done evil in My sight," says the LORD. "They have set their abominations in the house which is called by My name, to pollute it.
And they have built the high places of Tophet, which is in the Valley of the Son of Hinnom, to burn their sons and their daughters in the fire, which I did not command, nor did it come into My heart.

Proverbs 24:14 (NKJV) So shall the knowledge of wisdom be to your soul; If you have found it, there is a prospect, And your hope will not be cut off.

Proverbs 23:12-14 (NKJV) Apply your heart to instruction, And your ears to words of knowledge.
Do not withhold correction from a child, For if you beat him with a rod, he will not die.
You shall beat him with a rod, And deliver his soul from hell.

Proverbs 8:33 (NKJV) Hear instruction and be wise, And do not disdain it.

Hebrews 12:3-8 (NKJV) For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls.
You have not yet resisted bloodshed, striving against sin.
And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
For whom the LORD loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives."

If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.

Ecclesiastes 5:2 (NKJV) Do not be rash with your mouth, And let not your heart utter anything hastily before God. For God is in heaven, and you on earth; Therefore, let your words be few.

Matthew 5:37 (NKJV) But let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No.' For whatever is more than these is from the evil one.

The Busybody, Gossip, Nosey, Idleness is not discernment, it is sowing the seed of tares
2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 (NKJV)
For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.
For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies.
Now those who are such we command and exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread.

2 Thessalonians 3:11 For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies.

1 Timothy 5:13-17 And besides they learn to be idle, wandering about from house to house, and not only idle but also gossips and busybodies, saying things which they ought not.
Therefore, I desire that the younger widows marry, bear children, manage the house, and give no opportunity to the adversary to speak reproachfully.
Some have already turned aside after Satan.
If any believing man or woman has widows, let them relieve them, and do not let the church be burdened, that it may relieve those who are really widows.
Let the elders who rule well be counted worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in the word and doctrine.

1 Peter 4:15-16 (NKJV) But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people's matters.
Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter.
I do understand your POV, but have you taken into consideration that the Old Testament group expected their children to learn their Old Testament Hebrew Bible scriptures from the time they said their first sentence till death. The second group before and after Christ's life on earth included a huge proportion of gentiles whose first initiation to the Ten Commandments, the teaching of Jesus Christ's Old Testament scriptures with perfect understanding, and to this day, those of the Hebrew faith start their children to be versed in The Garden, Gideon, Mosaic Laws, Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah Daniel, Ezekiel, generations of Holy men, and Jesus teachings and perfect life in order to replace the sacrificial lamb by the water and the blood of his tortured execution, only to be resurrected from the Dead and appearance to his apostles to whom he gave the great task of saving Hebrew and gentile alike up to this very minute. God's first family, the Hebrews, are just one way God touches us if we start our young ones early enough, and for that reason, God loves them, and Christian families are no less loved by God, but we should aspire to do as God's original people to this day, teach of God's love early on in life. I personally love the faith of my Christian family, some of whom wept at the crucifixion, but were uplifted when Christ appeared to them with his expectations of his great Commission for them to go into all nations and instruct people on God's love through Christ's sacrificing himself as the slaughtered sacrifice that took the place of killing animals for every sin. When we go wrong, make mistakes, or sin, our consciences from reading God's word endears us to Christ the Rock of our Salvation in praying to God the Father, and our thankfulness to him for sending us his son to teach all people his love. I understand there is a movement in the Holy lands of realization that yes, God gave them hope through Christians who life far away from Israel, and they're starting to realize that Christ could be their long-expected Messiah after all, and his Cross is being respected by them. Time doesn't mean the same thing to God as it does to us, but I'm pretty sure God loves all of his believers with all his heart, great good will, and his encouragement of brotherhood to all believers. And yes, Christ taught his followers "the Lord thy God is but one." That's when Jesus taught them to pray starting out with "Our Father who art in Heaven (God) Hallowed is thy name. Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven," (Jesus' words), and to the best of my studies is compatible with his making scriptures understandable even to people who were not born Hebrews, but who in their belief of Christ's words, became part of God the Father's family.

Every person has flaws, but while they're alive, God is open to their seeking of him, and because God is perfect, He alone knows who is sincere and who is not. And that's what I think. Anything that removes us from our devotion to God and others who believe in God is a stumbling block, and one day, I hope we can all worship together in the peace that passes understanding, which is solely of God's grace that touches a heart to believe in him fully. May we all celebrate God, his son, and the Holy Spirit that together with the Father and the Son, makes us members of a brotherly love perspective. Others who have access and believe in the pentateuch are invited to the table if they believe in brotherhood over church, synagogue, or mosque. God the Father knows our hearts. He is the only judge of who loves him enough to look around and try to engage in the Kingdom of God that is the Kingdom of Peace.

I'm gonna have to disagree with Ol' Sam on that one.

No human being without dementia problems has a memory that short.

They either have a conscience or they don't. Some people just don't. Some of those people that don't, use that "the sign of the fish"

to trick people into trusting them when they are completely untrustworthy and total charlatans.

I have to thank God I have a pretty good radar for feeling people out, on both sides of business deals.

I've been both the the contractor and the contractee many a time. Probably never both at the same time, but OK.. :dunno:

Yeah, that's the hand that I've been dealt and I'm playing it!
People without consciences are generally known as psychopaths. They are usually uber-normal looking but their eyes are dead.

iu

Last edited:
rtion of gentiles whose first initiation to the Ten Commandments, the teaching of Jesus Christ's Old Testament scriptures with perfect understanding, and to this day, those of the Hebrew faith start their children to be versed in The Garden, Gideon, Mosaic Laws, Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah Daniel, Ezekiel, generations of Holy men, and Jesus teachings and perfect life in order to replace the sacrificial lamb by the water and the blood of his tortured execution, only to be resurrected from the Dead and appearance to his apostles to whom he gave the great task of saving Hebrew and gentile alike up to this very minute. God's first family, the Hebrews, are just one way God touches us if we start our young ones early enough, and for that reason, God loves them, and Christian families are no less loved by God, but we should aspire to do as God's original people to this day, teach of God's love early on in life. I personally love the faith of my Christian family, some of whom wept at the crucifixion, but were uplifted when Christ appeared to them with his expectations of his great Commission for them to go into all nations and instruct people on God's love through Christ's sacrificing himself as the slaughtered sacrifice that took the place of killing animals for every sin. When we go wrong, make mistakes, or sin, our consciences from reading God's word endears us to Christ the Rock of our Salvation in praying to God the Father, and our thankfulness to him for sending us his son to teach all people his love. I understand there is a movement in the Holy lands of realiza
Holy TL; DR! :aargh:

Okay, so I did read most.

But I'm going to put something shorter out there:

God tested Abraham with Isaac to see if mankind was worthy of him sacrificing his own son to cleanse the sins of the world.

And something God never said. Your reason for putting words into His mouth?

I do understand your POV, but have you taken into consideration that the Old Testament group expected their children to learn their Old Testament Hebrew Bible scriptures from the time they said their first sentence till death. The second group before and after Christ's life on earth included a huge proportion of gentiles whose first initiation to the Ten Commandments, the teaching of Jesus Christ's Old Testament scriptures with perfect understanding, and to this day, those of the Hebrew faith start their children to be versed in The Garden, Gideon, Mosaic Laws, Elijah, Isaiah, Jeremiah Daniel, Ezekiel, generations of Holy men, and Jesus teachings and perfect life in order to replace the sacrificial lamb by the water and the blood of his tortured execution, only to be resurrected from the Dead and appearance to his apostles to whom he gave the great task of saving Hebrew and gentile alike up to this very minute. God's first family, the Hebrews, are just one way God touches us if we start our young ones early enough, and for that reason, God loves them, and Christian families are no less loved by God, but we should aspire to do as God's original people to this day, teach of God's love early on in life. I personally love the faith of my Christian family, some of whom wept at the crucifixion, but were uplifted when Christ appeared to them with his expectations of his great Commission for them to go into all nations and instruct people on God's love through Christ's sacrificing himself as the slaughtered sacrifice that took the place of killing animals for every sin. When we go wrong, make mistakes, or sin, our consciences from reading God's word endears us to Christ the Rock of our Salvation in praying to God the Father, and our thankfulness to him for sending us his son to teach all people his love. I understand there is a movement in the Holy lands of realization that yes, God gave them hope through Christians who life far away from Israel, and they're starting to realize that Christ could be their long-expected Messiah after all, and his Cross is being respected by them. Time doesn't mean the same thing to God as it does to us, but I'm pretty sure God loves all of his believers with all his heart, great good will, and his encouragement of brotherhood to all believers. And yes, Christ taught his followers "the Lord thy God is but one." That's when Jesus taught them to pray starting out with "Our Father who art in Heaven (God) Hallowed is thy name. Thy Kingdom Come, Thy Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven," (Jesus' words), and to the best of my studies is compatible with his making scriptures understandable even to people who were not born Hebrews, but who in their belief of Christ's words, became part of God the Father's family.

Every person has flaws, but while they're alive, God is open to their seeking of him, and because God is perfect, He alone knows who is sincere and who is not. And that's what I think. Anything that removes us from our devotion to God and others who believe in God is a stumbling block, and one day, I hope we can all worship together in the peace that passes understanding, which is solely of God's grace that touches a heart to believe in him fully. May we all celebrate God, his son, and the Holy Spirit that together with the Father and the Son, makes us members of a brotherly love perspective. Others who have access and believe in the pentateuch are invited to the table if they believe in brotherhood over church, synagogue, or mosque. God the Father knows our hearts. He is the only judge of who loves him enough to look around and try to engage in the Kingdom of God that is the Kingdom of Peace.
Greetings
I see your heart

images (45).jpg

thank you for your words

Greetings
I see your heart

View attachment 795594
thank you for your words
Thank you, one is the Word. I had a good teacher--my Bible's scriptures telling us of the Word of God tells us what God expects of us, at least in the 66 books of the Holy Bible according to the Apostles, namely Peter and Paul who did almost all the writing before being cruelly killed by the Romans who detested Christians except to entertain themselves by watching lions kill them and making a lunch out of their bloody kills. In the love of the Lord and his son Jesus Christ, beautrss

I stand by it. God never said love me or burn. Therefore, you must have a reason for submitting the meme? I was just curious. For a minute. Never mind.
You are falling back on the exact words of the meme.

(1) you don't speak for God

(2) many of whom claim they have spoke for God did say those words or like unto them

(3) you know it and I know it

(4) Meri, you are embarrassing yourself

(1) you don't speak for God
I am not speaking for God. I am:
  • Pointing out nowhere in scripture has God said, "Love me or burn."
  • Testifying of my own experience of God who loves all.

2) many of whom claim they have spoke for God did say those words or like unto them
Again, my intent is never to speak for God--that cannot be done. I can point out what scripture says and does not say. And I can testify to my own experiences.

(3) you know it and I know it
What I don't know is what you believe about God, or why you would pass on the meme you selected. I am wondering where/how you formed your conclusions about God.
(4) Meri, you are embarrassing yourself
If trying to enter into a discussion with you about God is embarrassing myself, so be it. Plus, I happen to believe He is worth discussing--and worthy of defending.

I am not speaking for God. I am:
  • Pointing out nowhere in scripture has God said, "Love me or burn."
  • Testifying of my own experience of God who loves all.

Again, my intent is never to speak for God--that cannot be done. I can point out what scripture says and does not say. And I can testify to my own experiences.
You are speaking for yourself then, OK, without any authority on the matter other than your "own experiences" and beliefs.

OK.

You are speaking for yourself then, OK, without any authority on the matter other than your "own experiences" and beliefs.

OK.
Yes. It is said we should seek and find God, an endeavor I took up as a child. Next it was about following Biblical teachings and observing how they applied and worked in my own life. Finally has been the research and study of Biblical languages, histories, and cultures. God and scripture have been the authority I followed in my own life.

It is why I was able to question your meme, "Love me or burn." I thought we might have a discussion of your experiences/conclusions and my own. It never occurred to me you would see that as me "speaking for God." Yes, God did have me speak for Him once over a very minor matter, but never over another's experiences or beliefs.

Forum List

Back