Chappaquiddick theory: Kennedy was not in car.

Why wasn't the accident reported until the morning?

• Ted was skunk-drunk and had to sober-up

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Ted was not even in the car and didn't find out until the next morning

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Ted was in shock and confused the whole night

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Salzburger99

Rookie
Mar 8, 2018
Hi all, I just finished a video where I make the case that Kennedy was not in the car when it dove into Poucha pond on Chappaquiddick Island.

In theaters April 6th.

Film Review: ‘Chappaquiddick’

A meticulous docudrama rivetingly recounts the tragic car accident and its aftermath — an event of criminal negligence and cover-up — that defined the life of Sen. Edward M. Kennedy.

At the cottage, when he sees Joe Gargan (Ed Helms), his cousin, friend, and lawyer, the first thing he says is, “We’ve got a problem,” followed by a quick, “I’m not going to be president.” He’s already thinking about himself, and no one but himself. He is thinking, in other words, like a Kennedy. Joe and their other comrade, the Massachusetts Attorney General Paul Markham (Jim Gaffigan), both tell Ted that he needs to report the crime, and he assures them that he will. But what he knows is that reporting the crime means he’ll be tested for alcohol consumption, so he has to wait. And wait.

The film says that what happened at Chappaquiddick was even worse than we think. Kopechne’s body was found in a position that implied that she was struggling to keep her head out of the water. And what the film suggests is that once the car turned upside down, she didn’t die; she was alive and then drowned, after a period of time, as the water seeped in. This makes Edward Kennedy’s decision not to report the crime a clear-cut act of criminal negligence — but in spirit (if not legally), it renders it something closer to an act of killing.

“Chappaquiddick” is a meticulously told chronicle, no more and no less, and at times there’s a slight detachment in watching it, because it’s too tough and smart to milk the situation by turning Edward Kennedy into a “tragic figure.” In certain ways, he may well have been, and there are moments when we see the sad grandeur with which this disaster hangs on his stooped shoulders, but the movie is fundamentally the portrait of a weasel: a man who, from the moment the accident happens, takes as his premise that he will not suffer the consequences, and then does what it takes to twist reality so that it conforms to that scenario.

I know it's not going to address your theory, but I figured anybody who would post in this thread would likely be interested in the movie.

so who was in the car?

pepe the frog?

these people are too much:102:

22706907622_7d06c3178d_b.jpg

what scum....to let her drown and die .....there......well.....he must not be having a good time in Hell.

I have this feeling he is not.....can you imagine.....reliving over and over and over her death ...like a film before his eyes....total horror.....

hope this is a warning to everybody out there.

so who was in the car?

pepe the frog?

these people are too much:102:
Mary Jo Kopechne was the drive and sole occupant. Ted had gotten out of the car before the accident. He did so to evade a possible police confrontation that never happened. The police officer chose not to chase them.

Forum List

Back