Chappaquiddick theory: Kennedy was not in car.

Why wasn't the accident reported until the morning?

• Ted was skunk-drunk and had to sober-up

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Ted was not even in the car and didn't find out until the next morning

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Ted was in shock and confused the whole night

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
what scum....to let her drown and die .....there......well.....he must not be having a good time in Hell.

I have this feeling he is not.....can you imagine.....reliving over and over and over her death ...like a film before his eyes....total horror.....

hope this is a warning to everybody out there.

I'm virtually positive that's how he lived his life, regretful for a very long time. I believe he repented and it is only the "Christians" of the far right who believes he is not entitled to forgiveness, what with him being a Democrat and all.

I saw this sickness back in the day in my own family. My mother hated her mother, even after my mom got 'saved.' She asked Pastor Farina if her mom was going to heaven. He spoke to my grandmother and assured my mother that her mother, despite being a Presbyterian, had her house in order and was heaven-bound.

My mother was FURIOUS. There goes her payback.

Ironically, my mother was mentally ill and incredibly abusive. When Lewy Body Dementia set in, my first thought was "Okay, the price is too high. I wanted her to pay, but not like this. Never like this." My mother was BRILLIANT, and to watch those lights dim one by one was excruciating.

IF, and that's a mighty big if. If there is a heaven, they are both up there. Because when I was a woman of faith, I chose a God of love, and he doesn't send mentally ill people to hell for the damage they did. He just doesn't. Nor does he send atheists, or people of other faiths who live their lives in wisdom and grace, or people who never know a religion at all.

Boy, can I tangent when I see an opening.

what scum....to let her drown and die .....there......well.....he must not be having a good time in Hell.

I have this feeling he is not.....can you imagine.....reliving over and over and over her death ...like a film before his eyes....total horror.....

I'm virtually positive that's how he lived his life, regretful for a very long time. I believe he repented and it is only the "Christians" of the far right who believes he is not entitled to forgiveness, what with him being a Democrat and all.

I saw this sickness back in the day in my own family. My mother hated her mother, even after my mom got 'saved.' She asked Pastor Farina if her mom was going to heaven. He spoke to my grandmother and assured my mother that her mother, despite being a Presbyterian, had her house in order and was heaven-bound.

Ironically, my mother was mentally ill and incredibly abusive. When Lewy Body Dementia set in, my first thought was "Okay, the price is too high. I wanted her to pay, but not like this. Never like this." My mother was BRILLIANT, and to watch those lights dim one by one was excruciating.

IF, and that's a mighty big if. If there is a heaven, they are both up there. Because when I was a woman of faith, I chose a God of love, and he doesn't send mentally ill people to hell for the damage they did. He just doesn't. Nor does he send atheists, or people of other faiths who live their lives in wisdom and grace, or people who never know a religion at all.

in other words letting a girl drown in his car is ok with you.

I voted for the first one as it's the closest to the truth.

A better poll option is:

- Ted was drunk and left MaryJo to die instead of saving her. Instead, he spent his time holed up with the Kennedy braintrust to work on how to spin the story in the media and cover up for Ted.

Somehow I never thought the concept of forgiveness meant that a member of the political elite was entitled to lack of accountability.

Go figure.

In other words, forgiveness of sins isn't okay with you.

Somehow I never thought the concept of forgiveness meant that a member of the political elite was entitled to lack of accountability.

Go figure.

Skye said he was going to hell. According to "Christians," that means he never asked forgiveness. Is that your allegation? We're not talking about earthly courts, here. That's not what she said. Earthly courts don't make that decision.

Go figure.

Skye said he was going to hell. According to "Christians," that means he never asked forgiveness. Is that your allegation? We're not talking about earthly courts, here. That's not what she said. Earthly courts don't make that decision.

Personally, I hope Teddy enjoys a blazing eternity in hellfire and brimstone with his pals Satan and Saddam Hussein.

Go figure.

Personally, I hope Teddy enjoys a blazing eternity in hellfire and brimstone with his pals Satan and Saddam Hussein.

You're not a woman of faith then?

1 John 1:9.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Go figure.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I doubt you practice that attitude towards Trump, hun.

And I never claimed to be a Christian.

Go figure.

You didn't? I guess not. You just said you hope he enjoys a blazing hellfire for all eternity *DON'T FORGET THE BRIMSTONE!* but you never said there would be a being that could make such a thing come to pass.

My bad.

Go figure.

You didn't? I guess not. You just said you hope he enjoys a blazing hellfire for all eternity *DON'T FORGET THE BRIMSTONE!* but you never said there would be a being that could make such a thing come to pass.

My bad.

*sigh*

It gets tiresome to have to explain cultural references.

Hint: Southpark

So you used Southpark apropos of nothing? Or were you trying to make a point.

Back to you, hun.

Punishment for crime is ok with me.

Same here. I get the sentiment - if he wasn't punished on earth, he should be punished after. My argument is two-fold.

1) He regretted his actions on that night. He knows he could have saved her life. I sincerely doubt that a day went by where he didn't remember what he did. *I have to asterisk this as I do not actually know enough, having not read any books, seen any movies, and etc. I believe I saw interviews where he regretted what he'd done, but that memory is so misty it may as well not exist.* But unless he was a psychopath or sociopath (no indication of either one and no. Being a Democrat doesn't count,) he did regret having cost a young woman her life.

2) He was a man of faith who came from a strong Catholic family. If we follow that faith system then I would believe that he absolutely did time in purgatory, but was spared the fires of hell.

I'm getting more attuned to "If you'd forgive your own brother for the wrongs he committed, then you don't get to use a different ruler for a stranger, especially not if that stranger comes from a party/religion/background that is anathema to you."

I don't forgive people. They don't deserve it.

I don't forgive people. They don't deserve it.

But again, that's an entirely different subject. I was raised by two mentally ill people, undiagnosed and untreated. They did more harm than good, and I have a lot of estrangements and hate in my past. Much damage was done. Right? Okay? Got it. SO. That has nothing to do whatsoever with whether or not they will burn in hell for their actions. I hated, I didn't hate, I clung to unforgiveness like it was a life raft, I let it go - didn't matter. Where they spent eternity (or not, if that's your belief system) was never affected a whit by what I thought or how I felt.

And it goes without saying that the same would hold true for Ted Kennedy.

Same here. I get the sentiment - if he wasn't punished on earth, he should be punished after. My argument is two-fold.

1) He regretted his actions on that night. He knows he could have saved her life. I sincerely doubt that a day went by where he didn't remember what he did. *I have to asterisk this as I do not actually know enough, having not read any books, seen any movies, and etc. I believe I saw interviews where he regretted what he'd done, but that memory is so misty it may as well not exist.* But unless he was a psychopath or sociopath (no indication of either one and no. Being a Democrat doesn't count,) he did regret having cost a young woman her life.

2) He was a man of faith who came from a strong Catholic family. If we follow that faith system then I would believe that he absolutely did time in purgatory, but was spared the fires of hell.

I'm getting more attuned to "If you'd forgive your own brother for the wrongs he committed, then you don't get to use a different ruler for a stranger, especially not if that stranger comes from a party/religion/background that is anathema to you."
I think Kennedy gets a bigger pass on the theory he wasn't in the car because at least he didn't leave her to die. He still set in motion the events that night/morning but he didn't expect Mary Jo to dive off the bridge. That is why I think Kennedy could "live" with what happened.

Kennedy wasn't in the car? Where was he, the Hamptons?

Forum List

Back