Chalabi Thinks he's the Iraqi Moses

DKSuddeth

Oct 20, 2003
North Texas
no ties with CPA

"My relationship with the CPA now is non-existent ..." he told reporters after claiming a firefight had narrowly been avoided between his guards and US-backed Iraqi police during the raid.

BAGHDAD (AFP) - Iraqi Governing Council member Ahmed Chalabi said his relations with the US-led Coalition Provisional Authority were "non-existent" after an overnight raid against his house.

"I am America's best friend in Iraq; if the CPA finds it necessary to direct an armed attack against my home you can see the state of relations between the CPA and the Iraqi people."

The former Pentagon favourite also called on US President George W. Bush to hand over sovereignty to the Iraqi people without delay.

"My message to the CPA is let my people go, let my people be free. We are grateful to President Bush for liberating Iraq but it is time for the Iraqi people to run their affairs," he told a press conference.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
"My message to the CPA is let my people go, let my people be free. We are grateful to President Bush for liberating Iraq but it is time for the Iraqi people to run their affairs," he told a press conference.

Translate, I want to RULE so get the fuck out!

I think it shows great cooperation between the USA and the Iraqi police that we assisted them in their investigation even though we once considered this (con) man an ally.

i'm gonna have to call 'duh' on this one. chalabi had a very questionable backround from wayback. search for 'iraqi national congress' I think it was and why he left the country due to accumulated debt and how he was viewed by his fellow iraqis before the war was even on the horizon to see why I am not surprised...

Yes. I've never been overly impressed by this Chalabi fellow. He's struck me as a blatant oppourtunist since he hit the scene. I'd rather not see him assume a position of authority once the permanent government is elected. Based on statements out of the State Dept. early on, I think they feel the same way.

Zhukov-

Bravo!

FOX just reported that a very reliable sorce says that there is "rock solid" proof that Chalabi has been spying for Iran. Starting over a year & a half ago, the more I heard about him, the more I heard FROM him, I got the impression that he was a sleazy opportunist. This is about the ONLY time I agree with the State Department over the Pentagon.

I say we arrest him, send him to Abu Ghraib, & get out the panties!

Originally posted by SPIKESMYGOD
Zhukov-

Bravo!

FOX just reported that a very reliable sorce says that there is "rock solid" proof that Chalabi has been spying for Iran. Starting over a year & a half ago, the more I heard about him, the more I heard FROM him, I got the impression that he was a sleazy opportunist. This is about the ONLY time I agree with the State Department over the Pentagon.

I say we arrest him, send him to Abu Ghraib, & get out the panties!

I also heard that he was passing info along that he was, himself, not privy to... makes you wonder how he was getting it....

They did say an investigation is ongoing into how he got the information that he did pass along....

This is incredible. I've never read through a thread on these boards and found myself in agreement with all of the postings. Glad you folks are finally coming around to enlightened liberalism.

Originally posted by st8_o_mind
This is incredible. I've never read through a thread on these boards and found myself in agreement with all of the postings. Glad you folks are finally coming around to enlightened liberalism.

Maybe we should be thanking you for finally evaluating something based on facts instead of "feelings" and/or innuendo!?!!!

Originally posted by freeandfun1
Maybe we should be thanking you for finally evaluating something based on facts instead of "feelings" and/or innuendo!?!!!

you still haven't thanked me for using my crystal ball telling you that there were more incidents of abuses coming out. :p: :D

I had my "feelings" surgically removed years ago.

It is innuendo that I evaluate something based on innuendo.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth
you still haven't thanked me for using my crystal ball telling you that there were more incidents of abuses coming out. :p: :D

I never denied that there was.....

I have been following this from the get-go. The news that there are new pics is, well, not new. It is NOT new abuses, it is the same abuses but just with more photos.

But thanks anyway!

I never denied that there was.....

I have been following this from the get-go. The news that there are new pics is, well, not new. It is NOT new abuses, it is the same abuses but just with more photos.

But thanks anyway!

I was just being humorous free. you can laugh with me ya know. ;)

Forum List

Back