Central Park loves democrat ruling policies....where have you gone Rudy Guiliani...?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yes....Central Park...slowly turning into the nightmare.....

Blog Crime wave hits Central Park

Since Mayor Bill De Blasio took over last year, the quality of life of New Yorkers has taken a nosedive.

A change in policing strategy has allowed the homeless free rein to wander neighborhoods, accosting people, urinating in public -- or worse. Previously, such "quality of life" offenses like loitering, disorderly conduct and public drunkeness were enforced. But now, there is a crime wave hitting the city as some offenses have more than doubled over the past year.

Specifically, there are twice as many muggings in Central Park this year than last. There are more drug arrests and purse snatchings, and even world-weary New Yorkers are starting to notice.

The New York Post reports on a particularly brutal mugging:

“If you scream I’ll kill you,” were the last words the 53-year-old victim heard Thursday night as the fiend’s arm tightened around his throat and he collapsed to the ground, cops said.

Upon regaining consciousness about half an hour later, the victim, of West 57th Street, found that his wallet was gone.

His backpack, which held glasses, keys, gift cards, jewelry and cash, was also gone, cops said.

News of the brutal mugging had park-goers on edge Saturday.

“He could have died — that’s awful,” said Martin Ovalle, 38, who runs in the park at night and takes his wife and two young daughters to the Ramble on weekends.

“We are seeing a lot more now than in the past,” Ovalle agreed.

The Post has the grim statistics:

Though felony assaults are down in the park this year, misdemeanor assaults are up.

There were 15 misdemeanor assaults between Jan. 1 and July 26 of this year, as opposed to 11 for the same period last year.

And narcotics arrests in the park have more than doubled this year.

There were 23 drug busts between Jan. 1 and July 26 of this year, as opposed to 10 for the same period last year.

Still, the number of criminal summonses has taken a nose dive, Perhaps pointing to more lax enforcement if such quality of life offenses as loitering, disorderly conduct, or public drinking and urinating.

Read more: Blog Crime wave hits Central Park
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

"Though felony assaults are down in the park this year..."

Gee why didn't you start a thread about that?

lol

But every other type of crime is up.

That's the point or is it your contention that anything less than a felony is not a crime?

lol

That's the point or is it your contention that anything less than a felony is not a crime?

15 misdemeanor assaults this year vs 11 the same period last year.

lol, that's a meaningless difference. Totally meaningless.

lol

It is starting......it starts with the little things and then it gets bigger......that is what Guiliani knew and deblasio doesn't care about.

lol

I'm sure it's not meaningless to the victims

lol

I'm sure that's a retarded response. Are you even aware that de Blasio was already mayor in 2014?

quality of life always goes down when Progs govern

progs are losers who lie to themselves

lol

I'm sure that's a retarded response. Are you even aware that de Blasio was already mayor in 2014?

Yeah the victims of crime don't matter as long as you can blindly follow the flock

lol

Well then using your 'logic', the 4 incident increase in misdemeanor assaults year over year is certainly LESS meaningful than the 3 incident DECREASE in felonious assaults,

the latter of course being a more serious crime.

lol

Yeah the victims of crime don't matter as long as you can blindly follow the flock

Read my last post idiot.

It ain't like folks didn't warn about what would happen under BDBs proposed changes to enforcement procedures. It's the old reapin' and sewin' thing, Billy. Now it's time to show us if you understand that famous old definition of insanity or not.

Read my last post idiot.

No I've wasted enough time on you, Sheep

the people in new york arent happy with the increase in crime; and de blasio is going to be a one-term mayor, no matter how many idiotic excuses left-wing losers make here

the last time NYC had a Mayor this far to the Left murders in the city were MUCH GREATER THAN OUR TROOP LOSSES IN IRAQ IN ONE YEAR; even the worst year in iraq.

Actually well more than double all coalition deaths in Iraq in the worse year, were killed in new york city under Progressive Mayor Dinkins

libs are losers who lie to themselves

Read my last post idiot.

No I've wasted enough time on you, Sheep

lol, first meltdown of the day.

Forum List

Back