On his first day as president Perry says he would do two things.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
1. Tear up the agreement with Iran
2. Seal the southern border.

Thoughts?

He also said Iran is our biggest threat.
While I agree Iran is a problem, I don't consider them the biggest.

Perry will by lucky to finish in the top 10 in the primaries. But if through some insane twist of fate he made it into the Oval Office, he could accomplish #1 pretty easily. #2 not so much. I'm sure he would try, but once it's time to cut out the rhetoric and actually do it, he'll fall victim to the logistics of it just like other Presidents.

Iran is not the biggest threat. They are literally on the opposite side of the planet, and have maybe 1/1000 of our military capability. Our attention would be better placed closer to home.

Perry will by lucky to finish in the top 10 in the primaries. But if through some insane twist of fate he made it into the Oval Office, he could accomplish #1 pretty easily. #2 not so much. I'm sure he would try, but once it's time to cut out the rhetoric and actually do it, he'll fall victim to the logistics of it just like other Presidents.

Iran is not the biggest threat. They are literally on the opposite side of the planet, and have maybe 1/1000 of our military capability. Our attention would be better placed closer to home.

Who? Mexico or Canada?

Thoughts?

Iran is only threatening the ease at which oil monopolies of the US can shunt the precious black sludge through the area of Syria and Israel to port, bring it back home and make a profit. Perry needs to drop his oil addiction.

The real threat to the US is how Russia and China are manipulating our oil magnates' addiction to profiteering this way, by their influencing the ME.. when energy could be hybridized and our demand for foreign oil lessened. You want to hit Iran where it hurts and send a message to Russia & China? Start using more solar thermal and geothermal hybrid energy production here at home. If we wean ourselves off the the ME, they no longer will have a pot to piss in. I don't think we need to hate Iran. We should hate addiction to foreign oil which of course is what this is all about. Our planet is dying from it....must we all die from it too?

Also, the biggest threat to the US is world overpopulation. Monkeys don't start clamoring for more bananas unless their are too many women and children to support in their troope. There are too many people and the situation will become rapidly worse until we confront this head on. It's not a pleasant subject but a necessary one. A regular foot war like way back when was the old way of trimming the ranks. But nuclear war means nobody will be left and the planet will be dead. So we have to come up with an alternative plan...one that is humane and sane. Don't know what that is offhand but will welcome a debate.

Perry might as well just shit in one hand and wish it was in the other, cause that's all he will get or has....

He said the same thing about the border to get elected governor.
Ayup Perry will say "anything" to get elected. But when push comes to shove he leans as far left as he can and also failed to give a good effort in closing the border. He talks the talk but does not walk it. He's an Ex-Democrat remnant from Bush in TX.

He did put the guard on the border though.

For a little while anyway.
Was that before or after he activated them for the impending Jade Helm invasion? :rofl:

It was right around the time obama left the border wide open.
I know that doesnt narrow it down much considering it's still wide open.

Was that before or after he activated them for the impending Jade Helm invasion? :rofl:

Uhm, no.

Obama did exactly the opposite.

Is it nice in your red fluffy unicorn dream-world?

It has never been wide open on the border in 50 years......If what you claim is true then please, try to cross the border...in the wild without interference....

It has never been wide open on the border in 50 years.......

Yeah...thats why millions of illegals are in this country.

Thoughts?

Thankfully there won't be a 'president' Perry in 2017.

Perry also lacks the authority to alone 'tear up' any treaty or 'seal' the border.

Indeed, the notion of 'sealing the border' is ignorant and ridiculous; immigrants will always be able to find a way to enter the country, even when the border is 'sealed.'

The solution is comprehensive immigration reform.

Perry's statements clearly illustrate that he has no business being in the WH.

You actually think they just cross in the wild, all of the illegals? You are disillusioned...

The number of unauthorized immigrants in the U.S. has stabilized in recent years after decades of rapid growth. But there have been shifts in the states where unauthorized immigrants live and the countries where they were born.
mexican-unauthorized.png

5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S. Pew Research Center

2Mexicans make up about half of all unauthorized immigrants (52%), though their numbers have been declining in recent years. There were5.9 million Mexican unauthorized immigrants living in the U.S. in 2012, down from 6.4 million in 2009, according to Pew Research Center estimates. Over the same time period, the number of unauthorized immigrants from Asia, the Caribbean, Central America and a grouping of countries in the Middle East, Africa and some other areas grew slightly (unauthorized immigrant populations from South America and Europe/Canada did not change significantly).

You actually think they just cross in the wild, all of the illegals? You are disillusioned...

So you think all of em just overstayed their visas?
And yes they cross in the boonies all the damn time.

So you think all of em just overstayed their visas?
And yes they cross in the boonies all the damn time.
Not all, so it would be a waste to build a wall as they would enter the US and over stay if that were the case....

Forum List

Back