Census of US citizens in foreign countries

ProudFossil

Oct 4, 2009
Does the US federal census bureau count US citizens not connected with the military who are resident in foreign countries? Are these citizens included in the figure given as the population of the United States? Or are they just ignored?

When you leave the land of the slave you are required to report in annualy $$$,to the slave masters....AKA IRS, for ten years and then you are in the clear.
It's what I refer to as FreeDumb. I have 3 years 5 months and 11 days to go to be free..
The only other way is to renounce your US shit_izenship which I will do in about a year, after I pass this citizenship.

Did NKorea fly any nukes yet ? They did promise.:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Does the US federal census bureau count US citizens not connected with the military who are resident in foreign countries? Are these citizens included in the figure given as the population of the United States? Or are they just ignored?
Since the purpose of the Census is to determine which regions need how much funding money, and citizens living abroad wouldn't be using these services, I don't see the need to count them.
:eusa_eh:

If you are living outside of America you should not be counted! What's the point? Constitutionally the census was intended as a method to determine the membership of the House of Representatives. Over time that has ballooned into counting a host of other demographic data not just the population.

You want to save money? Have the Census Bureau only count the population every ten years with temporary workers and then shut it down for the other 9 years. It is estimated that it will cost $14.5 billion for the 2010 census. Sure it’s just a drop in the whole scheme of things but it’s a start. The U.S. Government is a bloated bureaucratic whale. The census bureau is one aspect that needs trimming.

If you are living outside of America you should not be counted! What's the point? Constitutionally the census was intended as a method to determine the membership of the House of Representatives. Over time that has ballooned into counting a host of other demographic data not just the population.

Good point. However the main reason I ask deals with the intention of the count. We do not count US citizens because they are not here. That does make some sense in they will not be using the facilities. But they may still own property here, stocks, bonds, bank accounts, family, students in college, etc. So they do have a vested interest in their "hometown". But now we count illegal immigrants. It does not seem proper to me to determine our representatives in Congress because we have illegal residents while ignoring citizens.

“Hometown” is a slippery slope. Many foreigners own property and live over here too. They do not count either and they have a vested interest. Once we start making exceptions then it becomes another bureaucratic nightmare. And why do we need to count anybody else but the people who live here. If you live someplace else voluntarily, you tacitly give up your right to have a say in how your community is run. You abandoned that community. Now saying that, it is understood that some people have no say in where they live, like the military and these people should be counted because they did not abandon their country.

Forum List

Back