Celsius 41.11

MJDuncan1982 said:
Yes exactly, it's a relative thing.

I understand you logic. However, I must reject the end results because I value individual liberty more than I value the ease of running a dictatorship. Much, much, MUCH more.

NATO AIR said:
funny how some people on this board have rationalized having dictatorships as allies of America in the WOT and the Cold War.

keep in mind pakistan, uzbekistan, turkemenstan, egypt, saudi arabia, russia (yea, they're pretty much a dictatorship now)... all are dictatorships of some sort... all are "allies" in the WOT.

you slam this ivory tower dingbat for weighing dictatorships when you do the same thing, only in terms of who is "our ally" and who isn't.

I see where your coming from Nato. IMO though these countries are not allies. MErely they are non-enemies at the moment. We are not at war with them yet we do not count on them for any alliances. They help us when they can and we help them when we can but neither of us go out of our way like we did for France and Germany.

no1tovote4 said:
Um, wasn't that Nancy Pelosi attempting to explain why the world was not better without Saddam? The argument wasn't to explain that some Dictators do a miniscule amount of good things, it was to say that Saddam wasn't so bad after all.

No I was wrong, it was two women that clearly had either never lived in a dictatorship, or were currently in one and were afraid to tell the truth. I seem to remember some time hearing something like this attributed to Pelosi, but I am probably in error on that one.

insein said:
I see where your coming from Nato. IMO though these countries are not allies. MErely they are non-enemies at the moment. We are not at war with them yet we do not count on them for any alliances. They help us when they can and we help them when we can but neither of us go out of our way like we did for France and Germany.

agreed. we don't need more saudi arabias, nations that profess friendship but stab us in the ribs and the back at every opportunity for their own uses.

Forum List

Back