Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Annie, Sep 28, 2004.
Couldn't be more deserved!
Well, if you believe the polls, they will retain 56% of their viewers! That should be enough for them, right? Right?
Seriously, I am surprised that they haven't seen the 56% as a mandate to continue such unresponsible journalism. I would almost bet that if money were not involved, they would see it as confirmation that over half their viewrs will believe anything; maybe beneath it all they really do see it that way and will use that to their advantage.
Yes, but luckily this is NOT PBS, and they will probably lose more than 54% of their revenue futures. Interesting, no?
But money will be involved soon. Advertisers, who are keenly interested in ratings numbers, will start moving to other spots or to other networks where they can get more bang for their buck. Once that happens, Rather will be out the door so fast it will leave friction burns on his sorry ass.
Joz and I were talking, and have a suggestion for The Dan:
Team up with O.J. Simpson and do a reality show.
They would have to take it out to California, otherwise they'd have a hell of a time getting an audience.
But it did get me to thinking (dangerous) and I came up with a few things I'd like to see on television.
1. Dan Rather vs OJ Simpson in a brass knuckle match.
2. Hillary Clinton & Rosalyn Carter vs Teresa Catsup Kerry & Leona Helmsley in a mud wrestling tag-team match.
3. Ted Kennedy in a distance swimming contest - in the ocean - one way.
4. Terry McAuliffe in a radical makeover show. The goal would be to alter his appearance to match his morals. Guess he'd come away looking like a cross between a pig and a rat.
5. John Kerry and any able-bodied Viet Nam vet no holds barred for five minutes.
6. George Soros in a tug-of-war with a steam roller.
7. John Edwards pleading a case in front of Judge Judy.
8. George Bush spanking Hillary Clinton.
9. George Stephanopolis being fed into a large Cuisinart - feet first.
10. CBS filing for bankruptcy.
Rather and OJ?
Sure. Can't you see the similarities? Addicted to the high life. Believing that mass worship is their due. And, absolutely nonplussed at the fact that each is about as welcome in his old circle as a leper.
Separate names with a comma.