Celsius 41.11

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by 007, Sep 28, 2004.

1. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,787
  2. onedomino

onedomino SCE to AUX

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +476
    Thanks for the link. The trailer was interesting. They should make the whole film available on the net since the chance of seeing it in theaters will be zero. The temp. inside Moore's head must be at least celsius 50.

3. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Good Lord! Absolutely unbelievable. I may buy that DVD, but I'm not sure I should. I just bought a new television and I don't want to risk throwing something through it.

I was totally floored by the voice-over from that idiotic female lib dumbass who stated "When it comes to dictators, there's pros and cons". I suppose the only pro I can think of is that we're not living under a dictator. Anyway, that was bad enough, but then the stupid bitch goes on "If he provides free health care, I LIKE that dictator. If he provides free university education, I LIKE that dictator". That wound me up tighter than a cheap watch. How utterly moronic. This lib dingbat would apparently be willing to live in a dictatorship as long as there was a sufficiency of freebies.

Come to think of it, that is the attitude of many on the left. They are willing trade their freedoms for government entitlements, preferences and "protection". They don't view their actions as trading freedom for freebies, but the fact is that every government program comes at a price. Every government handout places requirements on the recipients. Every government handout serves to send us another step down the road toward totalitarianism. One day, if the current trend continues, we will no longer consider our government an "uncle" but instead we will adopt the stalinist view of "father" government. By the time we realize what has happened, it will be too late.

If we lose our freedoms, it will not be to terrorists, it will not be to a demagogic tyrant. It will be to liberals with a "program". And they won't have to take our freedoms - we will simply give them away.

4. CSM

CSM Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +708
    Obviously, the woman never lived under a dictator ship.

5. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    I'm getting that DVD! If for no other reason there are a couple of people I want to see it.

6. MJDuncan1982

MJDuncan1982 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +25
    She was pointing out the pros and cons of a form of government. EVERY form of government has its pros and cons. Example: A dictatorship is usually more efficient regarding decision making because there is no debate. A republic is usually more productive because it allows for individual freedom. It is naive to assume that there are forms of government that have nothing but negatives attached to them.

7. Merlin1047

Merlin1047 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +450
    Horse apples. She was creating a specious argument in a stupid attempt to justify her moronic acceptance of lib talking points on Iraq. She was trying to paint Saddam as benevolent in a desperate attempt to rationalize a legitimate basis for an argument criticizing Pres. Bush's attack on Iraq.

Keep in mind the context of her comments - Porky Moore's crapumentary.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,787
    O, contrar... I'll bet you'll see it in theaters.

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Pointing out the efficiency of a dictatorship while ignoring the trampling of human rights and individual liberty that accompanies it is like saying that being stranded in the middle of the ocean will give you a chance to improve your swimming skills. Utterly misses the whole point: both are bad choices.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  10. no1tovote4

no1tovote4 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +616

Well put.

I did my part, I signed the petition. I may purchase the video, there are a few people I know that forced me to watch their F911 video then were upset when I debunked it.

Oh well.