Celsius 41.11

Thanks for the link. The trailer was interesting. They should make the whole film available on the net since the chance of seeing it in theaters will be zero. The temp. inside Moore's head must be at least celsius 50.

Pale Rider said:
Finaly a film to refute all the lies that were told in mickey moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 docujoke.

http://www.celsius4111.com/

http://www.citizensunited-interactive.org/c41.11/

Good Lord! Absolutely unbelievable. I may buy that DVD, but I'm not sure I should. I just bought a new television and I don't want to risk throwing something through it.

I was totally floored by the voice-over from that idiotic female lib dumbass who stated "When it comes to dictators, there's pros and cons". I suppose the only pro I can think of is that we're not living under a dictator. Anyway, that was bad enough, but then the stupid bitch goes on "If he provides free health care, I LIKE that dictator. If he provides free university education, I LIKE that dictator". That wound me up tighter than a cheap watch. How utterly moronic. This lib dingbat would apparently be willing to live in a dictatorship as long as there was a sufficiency of freebies.

Come to think of it, that is the attitude of many on the left. They are willing trade their freedoms for government entitlements, preferences and "protection". They don't view their actions as trading freedom for freebies, but the fact is that every government program comes at a price. Every government handout places requirements on the recipients. Every government handout serves to send us another step down the road toward totalitarianism. One day, if the current trend continues, we will no longer consider our government an "uncle" but instead we will adopt the stalinist view of "father" government. By the time we realize what has happened, it will be too late.

If we lose our freedoms, it will not be to terrorists, it will not be to a demagogic tyrant. It will be to liberals with a "program". And they won't have to take our freedoms - we will simply give them away.

Merlin1047 said:
Good Lord! Absolutely unbelievable. I may buy that DVD, but I'm not sure I should. I just bought a new television and I don't want to risk throwing something through it.

I was totally floored by the voice-over from that idiotic female lib dumbass who stated "When it comes to dictators, there's pros and cons". I suppose the only pro I can think of is that we're not living under a dictator. Anyway, that was bad enough, but then the stupid bitch goes on "If he provides free health care, I LIKE that dictator. If he provides free university education, I LIKE that dictator". That wound me up tighter than a cheap watch. How utterly moronic. This lib dingbat would apparently be willing to live in a dictatorship as long as there was a sufficiency of freebies.

Come to think of it, that is the attitude of many on the left. They are willing trade their freedoms for government entitlements, preferences and "protection". They don't view their actions as trading freedom for freebies, but the fact is that every government program comes at a price. Every government handout places requirements on the recipients. Every government handout serves to send us another step down the road toward totalitarianism. One day, if the current trend continues, we will no longer consider our government an "uncle" but instead we will adopt the stalinist view of "father" government. By the time we realize what has happened, it will be too late.

If we lose our freedoms, it will not be to terrorists, it will not be to a demagogic tyrant. It will be to liberals with a "program". And they won't have to take our freedoms - we will simply give them away.

Obviously, the woman never lived under a dictator ship.

She was pointing out the pros and cons of a form of government. EVERY form of government has its pros and cons. Example: A dictatorship is usually more efficient regarding decision making because there is no debate. A republic is usually more productive because it allows for individual freedom. It is naive to assume that there are forms of government that have nothing but negatives attached to them.

MJDuncan1982 said:
She was pointing out the pros and cons of a form of government. EVERY form of government has its pros and cons. Example: A dictatorship is usually more efficient regarding decision making because there is no debate. A republic is usually more productive because it allows for individual freedom. It is naive to assume that there are forms of government that have nothing but negatives attached to them.

Horse apples. She was creating a specious argument in a stupid attempt to justify her moronic acceptance of lib talking points on Iraq. She was trying to paint Saddam as benevolent in a desperate attempt to rationalize a legitimate basis for an argument criticizing Pres. Bush's attack on Iraq.

Keep in mind the context of her comments - Porky Moore's crapumentary.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
onedomino said:
Thanks for the link. The trailer was interesting. They should make the whole film available on the net since the chance of seeing it in theaters will be zero. The temp. inside Moore's head must be at least celsius 50.

O, contrar... I'll bet you'll see it in theaters.

MJDuncan1982 said:

Pointing out the efficiency of a dictatorship while ignoring the trampling of human rights and individual liberty that accompanies it is like saying that being stranded in the middle of the ocean will give you a chance to improve your swimming skills. Utterly misses the whole point: both are bad choices.

gop_jeff said:
Pointing out the efficiency of a dictatorship while ignoring the trampling of human rights and individual liberty that accompanies it is like saying that being stranded in the middle of the ocean will give you a chance to improve your swimming skills. Utterly misses the whole point: both are bad choices.

Well put.

I did my part, I signed the petition. I may purchase the video, there are a few people I know that forced me to watch their F911 video then were upset when I debunked it.

Oh well.

Jimmyeatworld said:
I'm getting that DVD! If for no other reason there are a couple of people I want to see it.

I was thinking the same thing. I have a few liberal buddies that think F9/11 is the gospel. This might knock em down to earth or at least get them to think alittle.

GOP_JEFF,

Its all in relation to what. It would be a good thing in relation to your swimming skills (following your analogy) but a bad thing in relation to your survival.

Things are good and bad in relation to other things.

Cigarettes are good in relation to relaxation but bad in relation to health. Alcohol and drugs are good in relation to entertainment but bad in relation to health. Reading a book is good in relation to your mind but bad in relation to your physical ability. Things as complex as forms of governments are just not totally bad or totally good.

As Bush himself said, running a country would be easier if he was a dictator. A.k.a. - Democracy is bad in relation to the one who is, for the most part, in charge because s/he can't act solely on what he or she alone wants.

Yes, it is appropriate to look at all aspects and that is the basis for relying on our skills of reason. Weigh out the reasons for and against a position (goverment) and then decide. We have done this and reasoned democracy to be a good thing.

This, however, no more erases its faults than deeming despotism bad erases its merits.

MJDuncan1982 said:
GOP_JEFF,

As Bush himself said, running a country would be easier if he was a dictator. A.k.a. - Democracy is bad in relation to the one who is, for the most part, in charge because s/he can't act solely on what he or she alone wants.

Easier for the dictator. Not for the people under him.

MJDuncan1982 said:

Um, wasn't that Nancy Pelosi attempting to explain why the world was not better without Saddam? The argument wasn't to explain that some Dictators do a miniscule amount of good things, it was to say that Saddam wasn't so bad after all.

MJDuncan1982 said:
As Bush himself said, running a country would be easier if he was a dictator.

I don't recall every hearing that President Bush said that. I'd like you to prove it, with a link.

And yes I'll be buying the video plus going to see it. I have one friend who doesn't think much of President Bush. But he's a smart guy. I think if he see's the movie, he'll come away with a different point of view.

Pale Rider said:
I don't recall every hearing that President Bush said that. I'd like you to prove it, with a link.

And yes I'll be buying the video plus going to see it. I have one friend who doesn't think much of President Bush. But he's a smart guy. I think if he see's the movie, he'll come away with a different point of view.

Actually he said that running a democracy isnt easy. A dictatorship would be much easier as long as he was the dictator. It was a joke said in front a recent rally.

insein said:
Actually he said that running a democracy isnt easy. A dictatorship would be much easier as long as he was the dictator. It was a joke said in front a recent rally.

But was he refering to himself being the dictator, or was he refering to someone else as a third party hypothetical situation?

Pale Rider said:
But was he refering to himself being the dictator, or was he refering to someone else as a third party hypothetical situation?

He was referring to himself. And it was a joke. I believe it was when he was in Crawford, and before 9/11.

funny how some people on this board have rationalized having dictatorships as allies of America in the WOT and the Cold War.

keep in mind pakistan, uzbekistan, turkemenstan, egypt, saudi arabia, russia (yea, they're pretty much a dictatorship now)... all are dictatorships of some sort... all are "allies" in the WOT.

you slam this ivory tower dingbat for weighing dictatorships when you do the same thing, only in terms of who is "our ally" and who isn't.

Forum List

Back