Ceasefire Begins, But Rockets Still Rain Down on Israel

Israeli government accepts Egyptian-brokered ceasefire deal, starting from 7 p.m. Israel-time (20 minutes ago); Bennett opposes truce. Rockets still falling.

The Israeli government has officially accepted an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire deal to go into effect at 7 p.m. Israel-time (16:00 GMT).

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu informed cabinet ministers of the decision via a telephone call, just minutes before it was to go into effect. Economics Minister Naftali Bennett (Jewish Home) voiced his opposition to the truce, saying the government needed to crush Gazan terrorist groups.

Meanwhile, Palestinian Authority head Mahmoud Abbas announced news of the ceasefire at a televised speech in Ramallah.

"We announce the Palestinian leadership's agreement to Egypt's call for a comprehensive and lasting truce, beginning at 7:00 pm (1600 GMT) today," he said at the start of a meeting of the PA's leadership.

But despite the declarations terrorists in Gaza continued to launch rocket and mortar attacks even after the ceasefire took effect. At approximately 7:05 p.m. Red Alert sirens sounded in the Gaza Belt region, followed by yet more sirens minutes later.

At 7:15 p.m. more rocket sirens were sounded in the Gaza Belt region, further breaching the declared ceasefire.

Ceasefire Begins But Rockets Still Rain Down - Middle East - News - Arutz Sheva

Maybe they haven't heard the news, do they all have cellphones.

So when is the blockade going to be lifted, its didn't say. I see PM BiBi's ratings have really dipped too.
They try not to use those missile magnets.
One of the most ignorant, stupid and wrong posts I've ever seen, congratulation idiot, you earned that title.

Your response w
Israeli government accepts Egyptian-brokered ceasefire deal, starting from 7 p.m. Israel-time (20 minutes ago); Bennett opposes truce. Rockets still falling.

The Israeli government has officially accepted an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire deal to go into effect at 7 p.m. Israel-time (16:00 GMT).

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu informed cabinet ministers of the decision via a telephone call, just minutes before it was to go into effect. Economics Minister Naftali Bennett (Jewish Home) voiced his opposition to the truce, saying the government needed to crush Gazan terrorist groups.

Meanwhile, Palestinian Authority head Mahmoud Abbas announced news of the ceasefire at a televised speech in Ramallah.

"We announce the Palestinian leadership's agreement to Egypt's call for a comprehensive and lasting truce, beginning at 7:00 pm (1600 GMT) today," he said at the start of a meeting of the PA's leadership.

But despite the declarations terrorists in Gaza continued to launch rocket and mortar attacks even after the ceasefire took effect. At approximately 7:05 p.m. Red Alert sirens sounded in the Gaza Belt region, followed by yet more sirens minutes later.

At 7:15 p.m. more rocket sirens were sounded in the Gaza Belt region, further breaching the declared ceasefire.

So when is the blockade going to be lifted, its didn't say. I see PM BiBi's ratings have really dipped too.
One of the most ignorant, stupid and wrong posts I've ever seen, congratulation idiot, you earned that title.

Didn't you take your meds today.

Time to quit whining. You have homes to live in , your not living in pile of rubble , how many relatives have you lost, none probably or kids. So get off the poor me train. Take your meds.
It was on celebrity fire, are you dense? Those were rockets. Since when do people celebrate by firing dozens of rockets?

Come up with something better.

Well that is what I heard on the news, you can go to the beach and relax and let your kids run and play tomorrow, while you relax.

Southerners don't relax, we don't believe the ceasfire, since Hamas are decievers.

They'll break it, they already had.

Well I'm very sorry, I've never been in the line of fire so I can't compare , I do imagine it will take awhile. I am happy that it sounds as though its over for now.
Good news for sure.

But if the siege continues it is not a ceasefire it is a time bomb.
What siege?
The ceasefire brought up for negotiation purposes including lifting the blockade.
I'm just saying that if the siege, blockade, whatever, is not lifted then this will blow up in their faces...again.

Yes it will be interesting to watch the politics of it play out. How much you want to bet, won't be long till Palestine will be accused of something ago.

Your response w

Time to quit whining. You have homes to live in , your not living in pile of rubble , how many relatives have you lost, none probably or kids. So get off the poor me train. Take your meds.
Another stupid post by Penelope, which makes it the fifth in my count, your "FEELINGS" and the way you present them as a solid ground for your stupid claims can one day put you in jail, and I hope it would be in the near future because your ignorance and stupidity cost blood, so before you get emotional again and trying to ride the train of "hey I think someone agree with me, maybe I can finally make friends!" try to remember its your own "FEELINGS" that got you in this situation in the first place.
I lost 2 friends and 2 relatives, I got injured several times and nearly died 3 times and I'm still here alive to tell you to fuck off, I don't care what your "FEELINGS" tells you about me, I just hope that one day you all groupies would encounter one of those terrorists you sympathies so badly and experience what they think about YOU.

I can't help what your government has put your through. Don't tell me its not your government, and yes Danyel , its your government. Your a victim of it, unless you like wars. I also can't help you choose your path. Yes I'm glad your alive to tell me where to go, but what situation am I in? I'm not a fighter.

Your response w

Another stupid post by Penelope, which makes it the fifth in my count, your "FEELINGS" and the way you present them as a solid ground for your stupid claims can one day put you in jail, and I hope it would be in the near future because your ignorance and stupidity cost blood, so before you get emotional again and trying to ride the train of "hey I think someone agree with me, maybe I can finally make friends!" try to remember its your own "FEELINGS" that got you in this situation in the first place.
I lost 2 friends and 2 relatives, I got injured several times and nearly died 3 times and I'm still here alive to tell you to fuck off, I don't care what your "FEELINGS" tells you about me, I just hope that one day you all groupies would encounter one of those terrorists you sympathies so badly and experience what they think about YOU.

I can't help what your government has put your through. Don't tell me its not your government, and yes Danyel , its your government. Your a victim of it, unless you like wars. I also can't help you choose your path. Yes I'm glad your alive to tell me where to go, but what situation am I in? I'm not a fighter.
Nobody ask for your "help" and neither for your opinion, it is your arrogance to suggest me I'm "lost", I'm glad to contribute for Israel, proud to serve MY government, and proud to be an Israeli, you are the one to be ashamed of your actions, victim of your own delusional perspective written by your "FEELINGS", for example - blaming the Jews for the holocaust - after questioning if there was a holocaust and later on blame Israel, yes including me for casting a holocaust on the Palestinians.
I'm not a hypocrite.

Good grief Penelope, do you not know how to quote just one frigging post? Each on of your crap is pages long and full of crap anyway.

:trolls:

My country, right or wrong eh Danihell?
You specifically don't have much of friends except your imaginary Jew friend so I wouldn't go further talking a about it, and its Daniyel, 'el' in Hebrew means God, your definition for God is suicide bombings, kidnapping, raping, and further actions, so for you I assume God means hell.

Your response w

Nobody ask for your "help" and neither for your opinion, it is your arrogance to suggest me I'm "lost", I'm glad to contribute for Israel, proud to serve MY government, and proud to be an Israeli, you are the one to be ashamed of your actions, victim of your own delusional perspective written by your "FEELINGS", for example - blaming the Jews for the holocaust - after questioning if there was a holocaust and later on blame Israel, yes including me for casting a holocaust on the Palestinians.
I'm not a hypocrite.

I have never blamed you for the h on the Palestinians, I blame your government. If you want to fight in wars chances are you will get hurt and have people killed. I know how your PM lost his older brother by Pals in a rescue mission, and his dad was anti Arab. I know he has pain and hate was instilled in him, but I also see him as power hungry and wants to be known as Messiah for Israel, get rid of the Pals. Were all victims of our governments, and their power hungry ways. My views on the H are in that forum and I stand by them, sorry if that offends but many others lost their life in WWII. Your people are not the only one who have suffered due to wars. Oh you have to realize and admit your people's history is not spotless or innocent, and I'm the first to admit the US is not innocent as well. Your own group of people living in a global society? are you going to end up like Saudi Arabia? Go backwards in time. If I had to listen 24 hours 7 days a week of how Iran and the Arabs are out to get you, as I read every day, I'd believe it too. We have to sit and listen to anti Muslim stuff here how they are in the states and another terror attack is imminent. Sorry I never meant to offend, just being honest.

PS: how do you think I feel when I read the stinking history of the Vatican, and here I put all my trust in them, but I admit it.

So this "ceasefire breach"

I'm not seeing it reported anywhere but on this thread.
Could it be that it was not true? :ack-1:

It was on celebrity fire, are you dense? Those were rockets. Since when do people celebrate by firing dozens of rockets?

Come up with something better.

They do just that at Disney.

Gaza residents celebrate Hamas 'victory' over Israel
Despite heavy losses and widespread destruction, Palestinians in the Strip fire rifles in air during celebration over long-term ceasefire.
Hamas supporters fired automatic rifles in the air and made the "V" hand gesture usually associated with peace.
Qatari news network Al Jazeera, which promoted Hamas' interests throughout Operation Protective Edge, began a live broadcast of the celebrations in Gaza almost immediately after the ceasefire started.
Gaza residents celebrate Hamas victory over Israel - Israel News Ynetnews

In British culture, its V for Victory.

churchill-v-sign.jpg

Yeah, I totally made that up.

I do that out of personal hobby. Baking, knitting, making news up to make Palestinians look bad....

Ok.
Well, we noted people lie in war.

It doesn't work though. They are not looking bad because of your thread.

Geez. You won't recognize sarcasm even if it bites you in the ass and then spits in your face, eh?

Hey, if you want to make a confession your cover for being wrong, I will accept your confession.

So you say your story was true then? You still claim Hamas fired rockets after the cease fire had begun?

No cell phones? How else do they set off car bombs? They can use jungle telegraph to send and receive messages. :blahblah:

Forum List

Back