Ceasefire Begins, But Rockets Still Rain Down on Israel

Lipush

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2012
Where the wild things are
Israeli government accepts Egyptian-brokered ceasefire deal, starting from 7 p.m. Israel-time (20 minutes ago); Bennett opposes truce. Rockets still falling.

The Israeli government has officially accepted an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire deal to go into effect at 7 p.m. Israel-time (16:00 GMT).

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu informed cabinet ministers of the decision via a telephone call, just minutes before it was to go into effect. Economics Minister Naftali Bennett (Jewish Home) voiced his opposition to the truce, saying the government needed to crush Gazan terrorist groups.

Meanwhile, Palestinian Authority head Mahmoud Abbas announced news of the ceasefire at a televised speech in Ramallah.

"We announce the Palestinian leadership's agreement to Egypt's call for a comprehensive and lasting truce, beginning at 7:00 pm (1600 GMT) today," he said at the start of a meeting of the PA's leadership.

But despite the declarations terrorists in Gaza continued to launch rocket and mortar attacks even after the ceasefire took effect. At approximately 7:05 p.m. Red Alert sirens sounded in the Gaza Belt region, followed by yet more sirens minutes later.

At 7:15 p.m. more rocket sirens were sounded in the Gaza Belt region, further breaching the declared ceasefire.

Ceasefire Begins But Rockets Still Rain Down - Middle East - News - Arutz Sheva

Israeli government accepts Egyptian-brokered ceasefire deal, starting from 7 p.m. Israel-time (20 minutes ago); Bennett opposes truce. Rockets still falling.

The Israeli government has officially accepted an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire deal to go into effect at 7 p.m. Israel-time (16:00 GMT).

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu informed cabinet ministers of the decision via a telephone call, just minutes before it was to go into effect. Economics Minister Naftali Bennett (Jewish Home) voiced his opposition to the truce, saying the government needed to crush Gazan terrorist groups.

Meanwhile, Palestinian Authority head Mahmoud Abbas announced news of the ceasefire at a televised speech in Ramallah.

"We announce the Palestinian leadership's agreement to Egypt's call for a comprehensive and lasting truce, beginning at 7:00 pm (1600 GMT) today," he said at the start of a meeting of the PA's leadership.

But despite the declarations terrorists in Gaza continued to launch rocket and mortar attacks even after the ceasefire took effect. At approximately 7:05 p.m. Red Alert sirens sounded in the Gaza Belt region, followed by yet more sirens minutes later.

At 7:15 p.m. more rocket sirens were sounded in the Gaza Belt region, further breaching the declared ceasefire.

Maybe they haven't heard the news, do they all have cellphones.

So when is the blockade going to be lifted, its didn't say. I see PM BiBi's ratings have really dipped too.

Last edited:
They never hear the news. Not even after hours of declaring, by their own spokesmen, that they agree to the ceasefire.

God, you Palestinian-apologists are so hilarious.

They never hear the news. Not even after hours of declaring, by their own spokesmen, that they agree to the ceasefire.

they just said the news it was celebratory fire . Its over, and what a mess to clean up. They have more talks, but Israel had best do what they agreed to. I "strongly suspect" it ended due to PM Bibi's ratings.

they just said the news it was celebratory fire . Its over, and what a mess to clean up. They have more talks, but Israel had best do what they agreed to. I "strongly suspect" it ended due to PM Bibi's ratings.

They will fire more rockets, since they have no word. And with Netanyahoo we will deal with in the next election. Be'ezrat HaShem, he won't pass the next votes in Israel.

So when is the blockade going to be lifted, its didn't say. I see PM BiBi's ratings have really dipped too.
They try not to use those missile magnets.

It was on celebrity fire, are you dense? Those were rockets. Since when do people celebrate by firing dozens of rockets?

Come up with something better.

Well that is what I heard on the news, you can go to the beach and relax and let your kids run and play tomorrow, while you relax.

It was on celebrity fire, are you dense? Those were rockets. Since when do people celebrate by firing dozens of rockets?

Well that is what I heard on the news, you can go to the beach and relax and let your kids run and play tomorrow, while you relax.

Southerners don't relax, we don't believe the ceasfire, since Hamas are decievers.

They'll break it, they already had.

Southerners don't relax, we don't believe the ceasfire, since Hamas are decievers.

Well I'm very sorry, I've never been in the line of fire so I can't compare , I do imagine it will take awhile. I am happy that it sounds as though its over for now.

At approximately 7:05 p.m. Red Alert sirens sounded in the Gaza Belt region, followed by yet more sirens minutes later.

ceasefire Begins But Rockets Still Rain Down - Middle East - News - Arutz Sheva
Who set off the sirens and why?

The rockets by Hamas people, to both your questions
In the link you gave it states that "
however, there have been no further reports of rocket attacks.

One of the most ignorant, stupid and wrong posts I've ever seen, congratulation idiot, you earned that title.

Well I'm very sorry, I've never been in the line of fire so I can't compare , I do imagine it will take awhile. I am happy that it sounds as though its over for now.
Good news for sure.

But if the siege continues it is not a ceasefire it is a time bomb.

Good news for sure.

What siege?
The ceasefire brought up for negotiation purposes including lifting the blockade.

iran_bomb-magnet.jpg

Good news for sure.

What siege?
The ceasefire brought up for negotiation purposes including lifting the blockade.
I'm just saying that if the siege, blockade, whatever, is not lifted then this will blow up in their faces...again.

One of the most ignorant, stupid and wrong posts I've ever seen, congratulation idiot, you earned that title.

Your response w

Didn't you take your meds today.

Time to quit whining. You have homes to live in , your not living in pile of rubble , how many relatives have you lost, none probably or kids. So get off the poor me train. Take your meds.

Your response w

Didn't you take your meds today.

Time to quit whining. You have homes to live in , your not living in pile of rubble , how many relatives have you lost, none probably or kids. So get off the poor me train. Take your meds.
Another stupid post by Penelope, which makes it the fifth in my count, your "FEELINGS" and the way you present them as a solid ground for your stupid claims can one day put you in jail, and I hope it would be in the near future because your ignorance and stupidity cost blood, so before you get emotional again and trying to ride the train of "hey I think someone agree with me, maybe I can finally make friends!" try to remember its your own "FEELINGS" that got you in this situation in the first place.
I lost 2 friends and 2 relatives, I got injured several times and nearly died 3 times and I'm still here alive to tell you to fuck off, I don't care what your "FEELINGS" tells you about me, I just hope that one day you all groupies would encounter one of those terrorists you sympathies so badly and experience what they think about YOU.

Forum List

Back