CBS sports analyst says gun rights NOT mentioned in constitution

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I think we found someone dumber than steve harvey.

Basketball analyst Doug Gottlieb deletes reason 'right to bear arms' is NOT in Constitution

CBS college basketball analyst and radio host Doug Gottlieb tried to give his followers some lessons in gun rights and firearm “safety” last night. Gottlieb also tried to offer a lecture about constitutional rights that went so bad he deleted it. "Not sure how many people understand, our "right to bear arms" is not in our constitution - It is an AMENDMENT to the document"
CWukcyVWoAAOkZo.jpg:large

Basketball analyst Doug Gottlieb deletes reason 'right to bear arms' is NOT in Constitution

CBS college basketball analyst and radio host Doug Gottlieb tried to give his followers some lessons in gun rights and firearm “safety” last night. Gottlieb also tried to offer a lecture about constitutional rights that went so bad he deleted it. "Not sure how many people understand, our "right to bear arms" is not in our constitution - It is an AMENDMENT to the document"

Well looks like they are in good company with th OP...

He's correct. The Bill of Rights are the first ten Amendments to the Constitution, ratified two years later: United States Bill of Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Once the bill of rights was added to the constitution it became part of the constitution

who watches a sports program to hear some stupid person who is there to talk sports give his two sense on Politics? I won't watch ESPN or I wouldn't let my children watch them anymore when. they had to two men kissing with the Nobody homosexual football player. who watches SPORTS for that BS?

who watches a sports program to hear some stupid person who is there to talk sports give his two sense on Politics? I won't watch ESPN or I wouldn't let my children watch them anymore when. they had to two men kissing with the Nobody homosexual football player. who watches SPORTS for that BS?
It's a national sickness

People think that because they are on the idiot box that they are smarter than everyone else

the real sad part is that the public tends to believe the same thing

I think it's safe to say we all understand it's an amendment. Whether it's in the doc or an amendment it's part of the Constitution. I'm not sure what point Gottlieb is making. Sounds like he's arguing on word play to me. Not even worth discussing. Reminds me of "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is" LOL

He's correct. The Bill of Rights are the first ten Amendments to the Constitution, ratified two years later: United States Bill of Rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey einstein. We know that. But amendments are part of the constitution. You're as dumb as he is.
They have the name, Amendments, for a reason, dumbass. The Constitution, as written and ratified, did not have your beloved deadly toys in it.
Irrelevant. The "right to privacy" isn't in there, neither in the original text or in amendment form, but that didn't stop the SCOTUS from establishing a "right" based on it. Bottom line, gun ownership has stronger Constitutional protection than does abortion.

Bottom line, gun ownership has stronger Constitutional protection than does abortion.
That is correct, for now.
The only way it changes is if the Constitution gets amended again to either enshrine abortion or to eliminate private defense, and that's very unlikely to happen for a loooong time, because the country is simply too divided.

The COTUS does not need to be amended, the genius of the COTUS is it is ambiguous enough to allow justices to decide issues which effect many citizens by the margin of 5-4.

The COTUS does not need to be amended, the genius of the COTUS is it is ambiguous enough to allow justices to decide issues which effect many citizens by the margin of 5-4.
That is how we resolve issues. The Founders expected us to just toss the damn thing, and start over, every generation. The amendment was process was just so we didn't have to as often.

Forum List

Back