CBS Drama Sparks Outrage

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
I figured our brave Mods would move my other thread to the hinterlands of of the Forum.

Afterall, they must obey their leftist masters, amiright??

But this isn't a 'Conspiracy Theory' people.

They really did it.

And it's really got people pissed off.

Let's see how long this one lasts. Let's see how long I last......

CBS drama 'The Good Fight' sparks outrage after tweeting 'Assassinate,' 'President,' and 'Trump'

CBS All-Access’ "The Good Wife" spinoff series, "The Good Fight," is in hot water after tweeting an image from one of its episodes that shows a list of "target words" including: "Assassinate," "President" and "Trump" in a red column and a second orange column that started with the words: "Mar-a-Lago" and "Eliminate."

The episode itself focuses on the character Diane (Christine Baranski) joining a female resistance group tasked with dragging down Donald Trump's approval ratings.

The tweet, which has since been deleted, did not provide context for the list. Instead, it asked viewers if they could find the Easter egg. The egg reference ended up being linked to Kalinda, a popular character in "The Good Wife," whose name was in the second column.

The tweet hit a nerve with some viewers not amused by the Trump reference. Some pledged to stop watching the show while others threatened to contact the authorities.

One user tweeted: "Yes, @CBS this is despicable to run subliminal messages encouraging the assassination of the president @realDonaldTrump I hope @SecretService investigates @thegoodfight thoroughly."

Another shared : "You know I just reported this to the FBI. Thank you for breaking the law."

Edge:

Actually, they really did break the Law. You can't advocate the killing of the President no matter how veiled it is.

CBS needs to lose their Broadcast license.

Yesterday.

I figured our brave Mods would move my other thread to the hinterlands of of the Forum.

They really did it.

CBS drama 'The Good Fight' sparks outrage after tweeting 'Assassinate,' 'President,' and 'Trump'

CBS All-Access’ "The Good Wife" spinoff series, "The Good Fight," is in hot water after tweeting an image from one of its episodes that shows a list of "target words" including: "Assassinate," "President" and "Trump" in a red column and a second orange column that started with the words: "Mar-a-Lago" and "Eliminate."

The episode itself focuses on the character Diane (Christine Baranski) joining a female resistance group tasked with dragging down Donald Trump's approval ratings.

The tweet, which has since been deleted, did not provide context for the list. Instead, it asked viewers if they could find the Easter egg. The egg reference ended up being linked to Kalinda, a popular character in "The Good Wife," whose name was in the second column.

The tweet hit a nerve with some viewers not amused by the Trump reference. Some pledged to stop watching the show while others threatened to contact the authorities.

One user tweeted: "Yes, @CBS this is despicable to run subliminal messages encouraging the assassination of the president @realDonaldTrump I hope @SecretService investigates @thegoodfight thoroughly."

Another shared : "You know I just reported this to the FBI. Thank you for breaking the law."

Edge:

Actually, they really did break the Law. You can't advocate the killing of the President no matter how veiled it is.

Yesterday.

Fucking snowflake. Grow some balls and quit being forever offended.

Networks are not licensed.

Some do, however, own TV stations which are licensed.

Draw your own conclusions.

A distinction without a difference.

Do you think it's okay to advocate for the assassination of a sitting President? No matter how veiled, no matter how couched in 'artistic license'?

I do not.

In here, for years, I railed against those on the right that called for obama's violent demise.

That's something you just.don't.do.

Unless you're a dimocrap scumbag. Then, I guess it's okie-dokie, right?

dimocraps are the scum of the Earth. They're gonna start some shit they can't finish. They're gonna let their alligator mouths overload their canary asses one of these days and it's going to end very, very badly for everyone.

And most of all -- For Them.

They really did it.

Edge:

Yesterday.

The OP makes a compelling post. You can bet that nothing like that would have happened to the president during the Obama days.

So they thought that would bring in more viewers? How about it bringing in the FBI and FCC.

The OP makes a compelling post. You can bet that nothing like that would have happened to the president during the Obama days.

So they thought that would bring in more viewers? How about it bringing in the FBI and FCC.

During the Obama years we had a TV show about the entire cabinet being blown up except for one person. Did people run around whining about it?

During the Obama years we had a TV show about the entire cabinet being blown up except for one person. Did people run around whining about it?

Did they name obama by NAME?

fucking imbecile

They really did it.

Edge:

Yesterday.

On the one hand, I agree with you. ON the other. . . :dunno:

On the other, would you be okay with High schools having the authority to ban kids from reading the Basketball Diaries or letting kids access to that book?

They really did it.

Edge:

Yesterday.

You'd have a hard time proving they actually advocated killing the president IMO. Based on the statement accompanying the tweet about "target words," I'd guess the list was of words the FBI or some other government law enforcement/anti-terrorism agency kept an eye on, maybe on social media. I certainly don't think that tweet on its own constitutes advocating killing the president, at least legally.

They really did it.

Edge:

Yesterday.

You'd have a hard time proving they actually advocated killing the president IMO. Based on the statement accompanying the tweet about "target words," I'd guess the list was of words the FBI or some other government law enforcement/anti-terrorism agency kept an eye on, maybe on social media. I certainly don't think that tweet on its own constitutes advocating killing the president, at least legally.

Maybe. One of my wife's friends is a Secret Service Agent and while I'm not crazy about him, we've talked and I get the impression they don't really care a whole lot about that they can and can't prove in court.

If they're in the mood, they can lock you up and throw away the key. They play kinda rough

They really did it.

Edge:

Yesterday.

Maybe. One of my wife's friends is a Secret Service Agent and while I'm not crazy about him, we've talked and I get the impression they don't really care a whole lot about that they can and can't prove in court.

If they're in the mood, they can lock you up and throw away the key. They play kinda rough

I don't know what sort of powers the secret service actually has, but I doubt "lock you up and throw away the key" actually applies. I don't doubt that you could get locked up, though. It just seems very unlikely to be long term without trial. :)

Didn't mention killing black jesus, did they liar?

They really did it.

Edge:

Yesterday.

I don't know what sort of powers the secret service actually has, but I doubt "lock you up and throw away the key" actually applies. I don't doubt that you could get locked up, though. It just seems very unlikely to be long term without trial. :)

I believe when it's the life of the President in question, there is no habeus corpus.

Telling you, those boys don't play. And they really don't give a shit what a court thinks.

This?

This shit is not a direct threat to the President but it IS inciting to violence.

That's how dimocrap FILTH operate. Behind the scenes. With masks. Hidden from the light in; the dark trying to get others to do their dirty work even if it's a deranged individual that they got worked up enough to do it.

Because, dimocraps are not only scum, they're cowards.

Those scumbags at CBS? They don't know it but they're being looked at by the Secret Service as I type. Believe it

They really did it.

Edge:

Yesterday.

I believe when it's the life of the President in question, there is no habeus corpus.

Telling you, those boys don't play. And they really don't give a shit what a court thinks.

This?

This shit is not a direct threat to the President but it IS inciting to violence.

That's how dimocrap FILTH operate. Behind the scenes. With masks. Hidden from the light in; the dark trying to get others to do their dirty work even if it's a deranged individual that they got worked up enough to do it.

Those scumbags at CBS? They don't know it but they're being looked at by the Secret Service as I type. Believe it

Kathy Griffin took a picture of herself with an effigy of the president's severed head. I doubt The Good Fight producers and writers have much to worry about.

They really did it.

Edge:

Yesterday.

This?

Kathy Griffin took a picture of herself with an effigy of the president's severed head. I doubt The Good Fight producers and writers have much to worry about.
Losing ratings. lol

This?

Losing ratings. lol

That, sure. I meant legally. :lol:

They really did it.

Edge:

Yesterday.

This?

Kathy Griffin is still working and at high pay? I hadn't heard about that. Thanks for the information.

Forum List

Back