CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 trillion over 10 yrs

The Obama budget deficits originated during the Bush presidency...

That is pretty damn stupid, even for you.

A budget deficit is based on a fiscal year.

Obama signed the fiscal year 2009 budget in March 2009, and has signed off on every dime of overspending since then.

1. Tax cuts 2001-2002 (4 trillion over 10 years)
2. Prescription drug benefits (1 trillion over 10 years)
3. Economic meltdown of 2008 ( 3 trillion and rising)
4. Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan (2 trillion and winding down)

And this surprises anyone?

It's just par for the course with Barry and his buds. First, we supposed to SAVE MONEY with Obamacare. Then it was 500 billion; 1 Trillion; and I'll be dang we're almost up to 2 Trillion.

The debt means nothing. As far as Barry and the boys are concerned, this country is history anyway. Why not spend everything you can and then make a clean exit?

It seems par for US Presidents to claim the cost of a requested program to be much less than the actual cost. An example is Medicare Part D, estimatd cost prior to the vote $395 billion, then it was revised up after it was madeinto law to $534 billion and now the cost is at $900 billion.

Keeping Medicare Part D, I wonder what the true cost of Omamcare is really going to be in the end. Two trillion? Four trillion?

Obama signed the fiscal year 2009 budget in March 2009, and has signed off on every dime of overspending since then.

There was no way Obama could have come in on Day One and reversed every Bush provision. The GOP would have filibustered it until it was dead.

http://cbo.gov/sites/default/files/cbofiles/attachments/03-13-Coverage Estimates.pdf

That is a link to the document referred to in the article. If you don't feel like reading it, jump to the last few pages and look at the tables. You'll see the total cost has gone DOWN by some $50B.

Total costs have gone down if we ignore the lies from the beginning

Got it.

I just cannot wait for the libtards to come in here and say that almost doubling the cost of Obamacare is not a big deal.

Might want to read the actual document, champ. The CBO is projecting spending on the ACA to be lower than previously projected and the deficit reductions to be higher.

And, pertinent to your signature, today's estimates now show a decrease of $97 billion in projected costs for exchange subsidies and related spending over the 10-year budget window (the very source of the $111 billion controversy in the White House's FY13 budget).

Did you read the part of the report that talked about where it will end up covering 2 million less people or the part where 3 million more people will loose their insurance?

I just cannot wait for the libtards to come in here and say that almost doubling the cost of Obamacare is not a big deal.

Might want to read the actual document, champ. The CBO is projecting spending on the ACA to be lower than previously projected and the deficit reductions to be higher.

And, pertinent to your signature, today's estimates now show a decrease of $97 billion in projected costs for exchange subsidies and related spending over the 10-year budget window (the very source of the $111 billion controversy in the White House's FY13 budget).

So, the CBO saying the cost of Obamacare over 10 years, going from 940 billion to 1.76 trillion... is NOT double? It's actually lower? You really want to go with that, Sparky?

So, the CBO saying the cost of Obamacare over 10 years, going from 940 billion to 1.76 trillion... is NOT double? It's actually lower? You really want to go with that, Sparky?

The paid hack, Greenbeard, likes to spin wording and not respond to the actual issue being discussed.

And this surprises anyone?

It's just par for the course with Barry and his buds. First, we supposed to SAVE MONEY with Obamacare. Then it was 500 billion; 1 Trillion; and I'll be dang we're almost up to 2 Trillion.

The debt means nothing. As far as Barry and the boys are concerned, this country is history anyway. Why not spend everything you can and then make a clean exit?

It seems par for US Presidents to claim the cost of a requested program to be much less than the actual cost. An example is Medicare Part D, estimatd cost prior to the vote $395 billion, then it was revised up after it was madeinto law to $534 billion and now the cost is at $900 billion.

Keeping Medicare Part D, I wonder what the true cost of Omamcare is really going to be in the end. Two trillion? Four trillion?

Money is no object to these people....
When told it didn't work...
Their answer is because we didn't spend enough....
What a bunch of dumb asses...
And the media still pushes Obama's agenda.

Can't even count the number of times I told libs the original CBO numbers were cooked by Democrats. I told you so nimrods.

Now which one of you guys is going to explain how Obamacare is affordable for all Americans?

Rationed care is the only option.

Watch the numbers jump when the Supreme Court finds mandating pruchase of health insurance is not Constitutional.

There was no way Obama could have come in on Day One and reversed every Bush provision. The GOP would have filibustered it until it was dead.

How so when Obama had dem majority in both House and Senate?

'Estimates' and 'projections' which the CBO will change soon enough.
'Related spending'= rationed care.
:eusa_shhh:

What a surprise, Obama lied about the costs.

Of course Republicans and conservatives said it was a lie from the start and predicted it would cost well more than advertised, but they we're quickly labeled racists and hate mongers.
I recall the Bush administration telling us that the Iraq war would pay for itself and last a very short time.

Of course Republicans and conservatives said it was a lie from the start and predicted it would cost well more than advertised, but they we're quickly labeled racists and hate mongers.
I recall the Bush administration telling us that the Iraq war would pay for itself and last a very short time.

So that's your excuse for letting this happen? So...it's not about the good of the country, but for YOUR party, instead. Got it.....:cuckoo:

It probably would had if we actually took the oil for ourselves as war reparations instead of letting them sell it to the Chinese and French.

In that respect Bush was an idiot for sure.

Forum List

Back