Zone1 Catholics: Unfortunately the Society of St Pius X "branch" of the Catholic Church is also in error

A nice picture. And he was not only "really cool" - he made also very good decisions.
so follow him into Hell... sounds like a great plan (not that I KNOW he never repented.. I don't.. but things don't look good from my viewpoint, knowing what I do know)

sorry but these were scientists who said that YES, there was a global flood around the time when Noah was supposed to have lived
When did Noah live and who were these 'scientists'? So far as I know the last time Earth may have been covered by water was 3-4 billion years ago.

When did Noah live and who were these 'scientists'? So far as I know the last time Earth may have been covered by water was 3-4 billion years ago.
well, as we all know, all those who follow news and try their best to sift truth from error therefrom.. there are scientists and then there are "scientists"

so yeh... I don't think the world is billions of years old, as some purported "scientists" allege. I could be wrong-- but here's something I am 100% certain of:

I was not there

Neither were you (when the world was first created)

well, as we all know, all those who follow news and try their best to sift truth from error therefrom.. there are scientists and then there are "scientists"

so yeh... I don't think the world is billions of years old, as some purported "scientists" allege. I could be wrong-- but here's something I am 100% certain of:

I was not there

Neither were you (when the world was first created)
Is God trying to deceive us? If you looked and studied you won't find any evidence that there was a global flood. None. Nada. Why would God make a huge flood and then hide all evidence of it?

As an aside, there was a time, a few million years ago, when the Mediterranean almost completely dried up. Then later it was flooded when a channel appeared at Gibraltar. It must have been a spectacular sight with mile-high water falls and rapids. Strange that didn't get mentioned in the Bible?

In my view, the Bible is first and foremost a book of theology and only secondarily is it a history book. The Flood is just one 'history' it invents for its theology.

Is God trying to deceive us? If you looked and studied you won't find any evidence that there was a global flood. None. Nada. Why would God make a huge flood and then hide all evidence of it?

As an aside, there was a time, a few million years ago, when the Mediterranean almost completely dried up. Then later it was flooded when a channel appeared at Gibraltar. It must have been a spectacular sight with mile-high water falls and rapids. Strange that didn't get mentioned in the Bible?

In my view, the Bible is first and foremost a book of theology and only secondarily is it a history book. The Flood is just one 'history' it invents for its theology.
not true. There IS evidence of a global flood.

I'd go Search it but right now.. I have other fish to fry

Enjoy your fish but I know for a fact there is no such scientific evidence. None. I've done the homework, have you?
You are a limited human being like everyone else. I don't even know what books or articles you read, much less.. anything else.. so yeh.. Are u surprised posters don't just take your word for stuff?

the articles/books I have read about there being a global flood thousands of y ears ago.. are not coming to mind, the titles and authors but I have never read anything that was not trustworthy or certainly not that I knew of.

In any case, since neither one of us was there.. billions, much less thousands of years ago... I say we stop beating this moot issue to death

eh?

Just to make an important point:

The SSPX is only wrong in that it still has some kind of hope for the novus ordo (new order) Francis "church" (which I don't feel comfortable calling a Church anymore [w/o quotations, that is])

this hope leads them to have some kind of fraternity with the NO "church" and I myself do not wish to continue to do that.. and I say it is very wrong for the SSPX to do that.

However, that said, the SSPX do the Mass t he old-fashioned, tried and true way that was CODIFIED by Pope SAINT Pius V at the Council of Trent (which occurred right after the "Reformation")

You are a limited human being like everyone else. I don't even know what books or articles you read, much less.. anything else.. so yeh.. Are u surprised posters don't just take your word for stuff?

the articles/books I have read about there being a global flood thousands of y ears ago.. are not coming to mind, the titles and authors but I have never read anything that was not trustworthy or certainly not that I knew of.

In any case, since neither one of us was there.. billions, much less thousands of years ago... I say we stop beating this moot issue to death

eh?
Understood but remember the truth is there for those willing to look for it. Unlike religion, no faith is required.

Not all but there are some with their minds shut. It has always amazed me that people who believe in God won't study the work that only He could have created, this universe.
I love studying what God made... looking up at the sky on a star lit night.. looking at trees.. flowers.. bees

Montana (in the mountains) is jaw droppingly beautiful .. quiet and serene..

too bad not all people appreciate what God did in a given woman's womb when she is pregnant.. not much respect for life anymore

I love studying what God made... looking up at the sky on a star lit night.. looking at trees.. flowers.. bees

Montana (in the mountains) is jaw droppingly beautiful .. quiet and serene..

too bad not all people appreciate what God did in a given woman's womb when she is pregnant.. not much respect for life anymore
I think admiring the beauty in the world is great but 'studying' implies understanding, not just appreciating. I don't see how you can believe in God and not care to know HOW he did what he did, but that is just me. I want to know the how, they why will stem from that.

I've had too many fruitless debates here on when life begins so I don't intend to take that bait.

so follow him into Hell...

?

What's your problem with Pope Alexander VI? Did he imprison you in a bottle fo beer?

sounds like a great plan (not that I KNOW he never repented..

?

I don't.. but things don't look good from my viewpoint, knowing what I do know)

Any idea about what you say on what reason to me? You KNOW about Pope Alexander VI what others tell you about him - that's all. What's your problem with him, "god"? I think for example to separate the world into a part for Spain and a part for Portugal was good idea to avoid bloodshed between Spain and Portugal. And other decisions seemed also not to be bad. Perhaps he had been a wise man?

Last edited:

Why do you think the planet was covered with water 3-4 billion years ago? And what had happened with this water in a later time? "Covered with water" means about 5000 miles water over the current sea level.

Last edited:
I think admiring the beauty in the world is great but 'studying' implies understanding, not just appreciating. I don't see how you can believe in God and not care to know HOW he did what he did, but that is just me. I want to know the how, they why will stem from that.

I've had too many fruitless debates here on when life begins so I don't intend to take that bait.
fruitless? As per usual, no elaboration, just a statement.. whatever

And you don't know what all I have studied. Then there is this: Sometimes trying to figure out God is not only a waste of time but.. it can get you thinking things about God that are not necessarily true.. and that may be worse than "not believing" (at least at times).. so yeh.. sometimes it is best to just appreciate the world He made.. not try to analyze it to death.. or figure out .. whatever

fruitless? As per usual, no elaboration, just a statement.. whatever
Fruitless as in it is not a rational argument, it is a matter of values or belief or faith or what have you. Neither side will change their positions because it is not about facts.

And you don't know what all I have studied. Then there is this: Sometimes trying to figure out God is not only a waste of time but.. it can get you thinking things about God that are not necessarily true.. and that may be worse than "not believing" (at least at times).. so yeh.. sometimes it is best to just appreciate the world He made.. not try to analyze it to death.. or figure out .. whatever
I don't agree, if we want to get closer to the Creator we need to understand his creation, his tools, and his methods. Science is my theology.

For starters, he said there is no Hell.
That's your interpretation of what he said. Which you probably heard someone else say without ever actually reading what he said which is probably why you can't post what he actually said. In other words, your accusation isn't supported by any evidence at all. You just want people to take your word on it.

H
Fruitless as in it is not a rational argument, it is a matter of values or belief or faith or what have you. Neither side will change their positions because it is not about facts.

I don't agree, if we want to get closer to the Creator we need to understand his creation, his tools, and his methods. Science is my theology.
Jesus is my theology. He comes first over whatever knowledge is or can be derived from studying.. whatever (nature)

Forum List

Back