Catholic School refuses to accept son of lesbians

That's the difference. The prostitute isn't going to march up to the church and say "I can be a whore if I want to, and you have to take my kid."

Who on earth would use their kid in such a way? And why would they want them to go to a school where they aren't wanted? Can you imagine how the other kids are going to treat this kid now, after all this?

The parents wanted the best education for their child and did not expect their child to be discriminated against.

Thanks for the new information. Sounds like the church is more tolerant than this individual pastor.

you're welcome.

the pastor is true to his beliefs, which i can admire while disagreeing with what he believes.

I don't admire the pastor's rigidity and narrow mindednesss. I admire open hearts, wisdom, equanimity and tolerance.

Glad to see you keep an open heart and tolerance for the devout. :eusa_whistle:

you're welcome.

the pastor is true to his beliefs, which i can admire while disagreeing with what he believes.

I don't admire the pastor's rigidity and narrow mindednesss. I admire open hearts, wisdom, equanimity and tolerance.

Glad to see you keep an open heart and tolerance for the devout. :eusa_whistle:

Good point. My heart needs to stay open no matter how hateful someone else is.

Notice how Cessy doesn't actually explain how this isn't hypocritical, just insults.

It's not hypocritical because they don't pick and choose which children of homosexuals they allow to attend. They don't allow any.
It's hypocritical because it goes against the teaching of Jesus.

Can you point to the specific lesson to which you refer?

And keep in mind that the school cannot possibly admit every child that applies. They must turn some away and therefore must devise some method of screening.. So again, please point me to exactly where Jesus said anything that specifically applies.

It's not hypocritical because they don't pick and choose which children of homosexuals they allow to attend. They don't allow any.

And keep in mind that the school cannot possibly admit every child that applies. They must turn some away and therefore must devise some method of screening.. So again, please point me to exactly where Jesus said anything that specifically applies.

"Suffer the little children to come unto me".

I am a Catholic, although I recently started attending a Community Church. I attended Mass for years. Never once did I hear a sermon or any mention of homosexuality. It's definitely not a huge focus of the Catholic Church. I've attended Mass in other localities while traveling, and never heard it mentioned anywhere.

I got fed up with some other things, and more specifically the staleness of my home parish, but the Catholic Church is definitely not at all in the business of trashing homosexuals. They do state that Homosexual acts are a sin. If people don't agree with that belief, they can either be a Cafeteria Catholic like most Catholics, or find a church they agree with.

In many large Northern cities, these are the ONLY choices:

The local public school, which is dangerous and has not produced functionally literate students in twenty years.

The local parochial school which can take the same kidlets and teach them.

Home schooling, which few people can do well and which socially cripples a kidlet.

Such "other" private school options as may exist are usually VERY expensive schools for the elite known as "prep schools".

Where would YOU send your kidlet?

I would send my kid to a catholic school as a non-catholic but not this one. I don't think they're all as intolerant as this. I went to a catholic school and when I transferred to public high school I was academically way ahead of my public school peers. They know how to do some things right.

If they were checking into my parents sins as a requirement for my schooling I would've been kicked out.

LOLOLOL. Mine too...there was just my brother and I. I suspect some contraceptive was at work, as my folks were just nutz about each other. I think I saw my Mommy sit on my Daddy's lap at least once every day. I don't happen to believe they were avoiding sex altogether, he he he.

Parochial schools excel at teaching some subjects, and to some students. They ain't perfect, but many people -- myself included -- owe their success in adulthood to the schooling we received as a kidlet.

Isn't that all any parent hopes for and wants from a school? This shouldn't be so hard.

Last edited:

I must respectfully say... fail.

They cannot admit every child that applies.

The Archdiocese is in the process of drafting an inclusive policy that will address future issues like this.

Catholics think that homosexuality is a sin. I don't. That's why I would keep my kid away from intolerant catholics.

How wise. Keep your kid away from intolerance.... that way he or she will learn fuck all about how to deal with intolerance. Excellent move. Teach him or her that there is no intolerance.... or, better yet, teach him or her to 'hate' Catholics. That'll help society lots. Good for you.

FYI: I'm Catholic. I have no problem with homosexuals. Nor do most other Catholics I know. It is a Church doctrine - that is not going to change.... Happily, most Catholics are quite normal people and very accepting of others. Hell, we even tolerate NON CATHOLICS! We even allow them into our Churches! It's an outrage! :eusa_angel:

Teach your child that he was rejected from this catholic school because of intolerance. Tell him the church damn's his parents to a hell for all eternity because they love each other and him.

tell your kid the church only likes gays when they are priests that rape little boys. then they will cover up for you and spend millions on your legal defense

How wise. Keep your kid away from intolerance.... that way he or she will learn fuck all about how to deal with intolerance. Excellent move. Teach him or her that there is no intolerance.... or, better yet, teach him or her to 'hate' Catholics. That'll help society lots. Good for you.

FYI: I'm Catholic. I have no problem with homosexuals. Nor do most other Catholics I know. It is a Church doctrine - that is not going to change.... Happily, most Catholics are quite normal people and very accepting of others. Hell, we even tolerate NON CATHOLICS! We even allow them into our Churches! It's an outrage! :eusa_angel:

Teach your child that he was rejected from this catholic school because of intolerance. Tell him the church damn's his parents to a hell for all eternity because they love each other and him.

why would you lie to a child?

how is it a lie?

Yes, as a matter of fact they can admit every kidlet who applies.

There is such a high vacancy rate at parochial schools in most Northern US dioceses, they are being closed as unsustainable. Every kidlet gets a tuition voucher from the government and most parochial schools require no additional payment -- yet they still have so many unfilled slots many must be closed.

To a degree, this was also true back in the day, which is why we had non-Catholics in school with us in the first place. Every tuition payment off every kidlet mattered; they could not afford to turn anyone away, and did not.

Most parochial schools now even have an unspoken policy of never expelling a student after admittance, either, and for the very same economic reasons.

tell your kid the church only likes gays when they are priests that rape little boys. then they will cover up for you and spend millions on your legal defense

true and sad but funny :lol:

Yes, as a matter of fact they can admit every kidlet who applies.

There is such a high vacancy rate at parochial schools in most Northern US dioceses, they are being closed as unsustainable. Every kidlet gets a tuition voucher from the government and most parochial schools require no additional payment -- yet they still have so many unfilled slots many must be closed.

To a degree, this was also true back in the day, which is why we had non-Catholics in school with us in the first place. Every tuition payment off every kidlet mattered; they could not afford to turn anyone away, and did not.

Most parochial schools now even have an unspoken policy of never expelling a student after admittance, either, and for the very same economic reasons.

You assert much without any evidence.

If you don't mind I'm going to go ahead and assume you made it all up. :thup:

13Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. 14Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 15When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.

Forum List

Back