Catholic School refuses to accept son of lesbians

It's hypocritical because it goes against the teaching of Jesus.

Can you point to the specific lesson to which you refer?

And keep in mind that the school cannot possibly admit every child that applies. They must turn some away and therefore must devise some method of screening.. So again, please point me to exactly where Jesus said anything that specifically applies.

13Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. 14Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 15When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.

"A" for effort, but fail for end result.

If they cannot admit every single child that applies, then they must discriminate based on "something." Would you rather that be race?

And keep in mind that the school cannot possibly admit every child that applies. They must turn some away and therefore must devise some method of screening.. So again, please point me to exactly where Jesus said anything that specifically applies.

13Then little children were brought to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked those who brought them. 14Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." 15When he had placed his hands on them, he went on from there.

"A" for effort, but fail for end result.

If they cannot admit every single child that applies, then they must discriminate based on "something." Would you rather that be race?
Why should it be one or the other? IMO the proper thing to do would be to take everyone and only turn away children if they are full.

It isn't fail...that passage is very clear as to intent.

I must respectfully say... fail.

They cannot admit every child that applies.

Yes, as a matter of fact they can admit every kidlet who applies.

There is such a high vacancy rate at parochial schools in most Northern US dioceses, they are being closed as unsustainable. Every kidlet gets a tuition voucher from the government and most parochial schools require no additional payment -- yet they still have so many unfilled slots many must be closed.

To a degree, this was also true back in the day, which is why we had non-Catholics in school with us in the first place. Every tuition payment off every kidlet mattered; they could not afford to turn anyone away, and did not.

Most parochial schools now even have an unspoken policy of never expelling a student after admittance, either, and for the very same economic reasons.

You assert much without any evidence.

If you don't mind I'm going to go ahead and assume you made it all up. :thup:

Catholic School Decline in the United States: A Variety of Factors Contribute to Parochial School Closures

"Suffer the little children to come unto me".

Yeah but the Catholic church has their own twisted interpretation on that particular verse. :eek:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Oh please. Did anyone here have any religous instruction other than doctrine?
Hebrew law at the time of Jesus required a man to marry his brother's widow.
Marriage has mostly been a family decision dealing with the division of property,property rights and the protection of bloodlines. Families arranged marriages and love was not part of it.

More on how love has nothing to do with judaism.

Love from The Song of Songs - Solomon
A groom’s love for his bride expressing their romantic love in a love song is what makes this book written by Solomon so special. The couple’s love for each other as seen by Solomon is however under the canopy of marriage, as required by God.
Here are the words they use to talk to one another in this lovely love song:

"Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth; for your love is better than wine." Song of Songs 1:2

"Take me away with you. Let us hurry. The king has brought me into his chambers. We will be glad and rejoice in you. We will praise your love more than wine! They are right to love you." Song of Songs 1:4

"Tell me, you whom my soul loves, where you graze your flock, where you rest them at noon; For why should I be as one who is veiled beside the flocks of your companions?" Song of Songs 1:7

"Behold, you are beautiful, my love. Behold, you are beautiful. Your eyes are doves." Song of Songs 1:15

"Behold, you are beautiful, my beloved, yes, pleasant; and our couch is verdant. "Song of Songs 1:16

"As a lily among thorns, so is my love among the daughters." Song of Songs 2:2

"He brought me to the banquet hall. His banner over me is love." Song of Songs 2:4

"Strengthen me with raisins, refresh me with apples; For I am faint with love. "Song of Songs 2:5

"My beloved spoke, and said to me, "Rise up, my love, my beautiful one, and come away. "Song of Songs 2:10

"The fig tree ripens her green figs. The vines are in blossom. They give forth their fragrance. Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come away." Song of Songs 2:13

"Behold, you are beautiful, my love. Behold, you are beautiful. Your eyes are doves behind your veil. Your hair is as a flock of goats, that descend from Mount Gilead. "Song of Songs 4:1

"You are all beautiful, my love. There is no spot in you. "Song of Songs 4:7

"How beautiful is your love, my sister, my bride! How much better is your love than wine! The fragrance of your perfumes than all manner of spices!" Song of Songs 4:10

"I have come into my garden, my sister, my bride. I have gathered my myrrh with my spice; I have eaten my honeycomb with my honey; I have drunk my wine with my milk. Eat, friends! Drink, yes, drink abundantly, beloved." Song of Songs 5:1

"I was asleep, but my heart was awake. It is the voice of my beloved who knocks: "Open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled; for my head is filled with dew, and my hair with the dampness of the night." Song of Songs 5:2

"Let's go early up to the vineyards. Let's see whether the vine has budded, its blossom is open, and the pomegranates are in flower. There I will give you my love. "Song of Songs 7:12

"Set me as a seal on your heart, as a seal on your arm; for love is strong as death. Jealousy is as cruel as Sheol. Its flashes are flashes of fire, a very flame of Yahweh. Many waters can't quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man would give all the wealth of his house for love, he would be utterly scorned." Song of Songs 8:6,7

Among all the beauty in this love song, there is one central idea repeated four times: "I adjure you, daughters of Jerusalem, by the roes, or by the hinds of the field, that you not stir up, nor awaken love, until it so desires. "Song of Songs 2:7; 3:5 ; 5:8; 8:4

Still on ignore? ~BH

Last edited:
I am a Catholic, although I recently started attending a Community Church. I attended Mass for years. Never once did I hear a sermon or any mention of homosexuality. It's definitely not a huge focus of the Catholic Church. I've attended Mass in other localities while traveling, and never heard it mentioned anywhere.

I got fed up with some other things, and more specifically the staleness of my home parish, but the Catholic Church is definitely not at all in the business of trashing homosexuals. They do state that Homosexual acts are a sin. If people don't agree with that belief, they can either be a Cafeteria Catholic like most Catholics, or find a church they agree with.
The latter I emphasized is your wisest choice. Find a church that is the most Scripturally-sound and focuses on discipleship and witnessing, and love and acceptance of course.

It's not hypocritical because they don't pick and choose which children of homosexuals they allow to attend. They don't allow any.

I would point out that the child of lesbians has committed no sin.

And I would point out that the Church is not excluding him because he has 'sinned'. Some priests choose not to admit the child of homosexual parents IN THE BEST INTERESTS of the child. Because the Church teaches that homosexuality is a sin.... If I were a homosexual parent, I would not choose to send my child to a school where he is likely to learn that being homosexual is a sin.

Personally, I am at a loss as to why any gay parent would want to expose their child to that.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd try to find a "Gay Christian" school for my child, if any such exists (I'm sure a few do but they're very hard to find).

Don't you think it's a bit naive to expect the Catholic church to follow the teachings of Christ?

Don't you think it's a bit naive to expect the Catholic church to follow the teachings of Christ?

There are TONS of very sincere, devote people who identify as "Catholics". Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. Yes, the Church itself is rotten from top to bottom, and yes, the Pope should resign along with anyone else in power or in a clergy position who has molested children or protected a pedophile. And yes, I'd rather decent people stopped financially supporting a corrupt organization. I just don't think that they are doing this in bad faith.

Willful blindness maybe, but not bad faith.

Last edited:

There are TONS of very sincere, devote people who identify as "Catholics". Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. Yes, the Church itself is rotten from top to bottom, and yes, the Pope should resign along with anyone else in power or in a clergy position who has molested children or protected a pedophile. And yes, I'd rather decent people stopped financially supporting a corrupt organization. I just don't think that they are doing this in bad faith.

This is a kind and generous post. I'd rep ya for it but I have to spread some around.

This is a kind and generous post. I'd rep ya for it but I have to spread some around.

Thankies Sky Dancer, but alas, I have been forced by circumstance into being reasonable. I have loved ones who still attend Mass, etc. No amount of brow-beating has opened their eyes to date, and yet, I still love them.

If they'd just WAKE UP, I could commence battering everyone else who remains Catholic...but I fear that may not happen before I die.

I hate being reasonable. Being extremist and uncompromising and exacting is easier, but alas, I cannot always indulge myself that-a-way.

I think mebbe they do this just to frustrate me.

*Winks*

Last edited:

I don't believe I have ever said anything disparaging against Catholics. I know plenty of people who are or were Catholics. But I make no bones about the fact that I strongly disapprove of the Vatican and it's minions.

I wish the well meaning Catholics all the best in bringing their church back to what it probably originally was intended to be, a means for people to work together to make the world a better place. I don't foresee them having much success though.

So Huggy, you love lesbians? That's sweet, dear. I gather it's just the gay men who give you heartburn? We can probably work on that with ya.

But Huggy, here's a hint dear:

Lesbians don't love you back. Not that-a-way, anyhow.

Me, mebbe. You, not so much.

Need a diagram to begin picking up what I'm putting down?

LOL.

*Winks*

Last edited:

Yeah but the Catholic church has their own twisted interpretation on that particular verse. :eek:

Sorry couldn't resist.

Just wanted to add that CA girl gave me a neg rep for this post. Apparently making fun of the Catholic church for being pedos upsets her. Now is there anyone else out there upset over these jokes or am I free to say things like:

How do you get a Catholic priest to rape a nun?
Dress her up as an altar boy.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Just wanted to add that CA girl gave me a neg rep for this post. Apparently making fun of the Catholic church for being pedos upsets her. Now is there anyone else out there upset over these jokes or am I free to say things like:

I came back into the thread to positive rep you and apologize. But I'm not going bother now.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Some people don't think religion is something to joke about.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Taking yourself too seriously is a pitfall to spiritual growth.

Sorry couldn't resist.

Then they must be pretty insecure in their religious beliefs.

Forum List

Back