Caterpillar has avoided paying $2.4 billion in U.S. taxes since 2000 by shifting prof

Post to all defending Cat: Are you kidding me??! What country do you live in? Is there absolutely nothing that corporations can do that will rise the slightest amount of indignation in you? Corporations over country? Of all the low life scum...

No corporation has any obligation to pay any more taxes than they are legally obligated to pay. Nor, are they required to structure their business to increase their US taxes.

However, Caterpiller is a successful, growing company that has been hiring Americans at good wages and benefits, and I know that just twists the knickers of left wing loons. After all, don't they exist just for the benefit of government?

More wealth envy whiney shit from Guano. Maybe he thinks his Gubmint check is in peril because Caterpillar is hoarding their own money.

And when the red chinese buy out Caterpillar? You right wingers will be singing their praises and defending them also.

Many companies such as apple, microsoft, j and j, exxon, citigroup, cisco systems, hp, pepsi do this. It isn't illegal.

Here is what I don't get. Cat (along with other major corporations) spend a lot of money on lobbying efforts. Some of those efforts are made to keep them (Cat) from having to pay very much in Federal income taxes. Congress men and women are "educated and bribed" to understand that is would be un American for Cat to pay very much in taxes.

What I want to know (being as how I hold Cat stock in a mutual fund) is why in the hell the lobbying efforts required Cat to pay ANY Federal income tax.

With the broad based public support I read about on here, Cat should have refused to pay a single thin dime in taxes.

Who's fucking money does Cat think they are spending when they pay taxes? My money is the answer. That money could be paid out in dividends, as it should be.

Yes I think Cat is misusing the lobbying efforts and should give out more money to politicians to keep from having to pay ANY Federal income tax.

What the hell is this country coming to when we would expect profitable American companies to pay income tax? Even if they do get contracts from the government.
Who cares where the money comes from. Once Cat has it, it is theirs. All of it.

If the Federal government wants some of Cats money, they should invest in Cat stock and get the dividends.

I guess the op was just born yesterday

With these low information voters in this country, no wonder a man like Obama with not a shred of experience in ANYTHING could be elected to the highest office in our country

Maybe if the US didn't have the highest Corporate Taxes on Earth, Caterpillar wouldn't mind paying taxes.

Maybe Caterpillar doesn't want to pay Income Tax twice.

When a US Company makes a profit overseas, it pays the Income Tax required of it in the Country in which it made the money.

But if they want to bring the money back home, to the US, they have to pay Income Tax AGAIN!!

The last people on the Planet who should be talking about anything business are dimocrap scum.

You people aren't even aware of the 1040ES Form. As far up as the White House.

Stupid

I guess the op was just born yesterday

With these low information voters in this country, no wonder a man like Obama with not a shred of experience in ANYTHING could be elected to the highest office in our country

aint that the truth

another rdean? how damn many are there on this board?

Obama and Democrats have been in control for six painful years but it's STILL REPUBLICANS FAULT FOR EVERYTHING

baaaa

Last edited:
Many companies such as apple, microsoft, j and j, exxon, citigroup, cisco systems, hp, pepsi do this. It isn't illegal.

Here is what I don't get. Cat (along with other major corporations) spend a lot of money on lobbying efforts. Some of those efforts are made to keep them (Cat) from having to pay very much in Federal income taxes. Congress men and women are "educated and bribed" to understand that is would be un American for Cat to pay very much in taxes.

What I want to know (being as how I hold Cat stock in a mutual fund) is why in the hell the lobbying efforts required Cat to pay ANY Federal income tax.

With the broad based public support I read about on here, Cat should have refused to pay a single thin dime in taxes.

Who's fucking money does Cat think they are spending when they pay taxes? My money is the answer. That money could be paid out in dividends, as it should be.

Yes I think Cat is misusing the lobbying efforts and should give out more money to politicians to keep from having to pay ANY Federal income tax.

What the hell is this country coming to when we would expect profitable American companies to pay income tax? Even if they do get contracts from the government.
Who cares where the money comes from. Once Cat has it, it is theirs. All of it.

If the Federal government wants some of Cats money, they should invest in Cat stock and get the dividends.

cat is one of obamas favorites he used them as a prop

during the fraudulent stimulus push

so of course they like GE another favorite of obama

who btw sits in the famed catbird seat at the while house

do not pay taxes

crony capitalism at its finest

Did they break the law?
No?
Then you're just whining.

Nevermind that big time Obama presidential contributor, General Electric, paid no corporate taxes at all. You'll never hear a lib bitch about them or Disney.

Whether a major corporation contributes to the president or not, it is the Congress people on the Tax committee who have the power to make things right in the ways of taxes and such.

Why should GE have to pay taxes if other corporations are paying a small amount. Or none.

Why should ANYONE have to pay taxes at all? Especially American corporations. Care to try and answer that?

Caterpillar has avoided paying $2.4 billion in U.S. taxes since 2000 by shifting prof

And the cockroach parasite republicans applaud

Sen. Paul: Give Caterpillar Award for Tax Strategy - ABC News

So a company that was started from nothing, built up through the years, and has been producing products that enable farmers to grow more food, truckers to deliver the goods, as well as providing thousands of jobs to people who need them (each of whom paid thousands in taxes that they wouldn't have paid if Caterpillar hadn't created their jobs, provided them a place to work, and given them the ongoing materials, guidance etc.)....

...and which obeyed the laws 100% every step of the way as decreed by Congress....

....is now being called a "cockroach parasite" by this liberal fanatic?

And why? Because the liberal politicians and their sycophants (who produce nothing) weren't able to suck even more money out of them?

But it's the company that's the "cockroach parasite", eh?

It's good of them to remind us every now and then, just how vile liberals are.

Forum List

Back