Caterpillar has avoided paying $2.4 billion in U.S. taxes since 2000 by shifting prof

Apparently Cat knows tax law inside and out, maybe you should see if they will do your return.

I am an individual, not a corporation. I would go to jail for so many years I would get out just in time for SS.

And why would you think that? You take your deductions for home interest, children, moving or whatever. That's all Cat did. If you're so damn upset about Cat not paying extra into the government black hole of money mismanagement pay some extra in yourself and be happy with your contribution.

That is not all they did. You are jumping to conclusions to defend them. Why?

I especially like this paragraph in the article.

"The report says Caterpillar paid PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP $55 million to develop the tax strategy. Under the strategy, Caterpillar transferred the rights to profits from its parts business to a wholly-controlled Swiss affiliate called CSARL, even though no employees or business activities were moved to Switzerland, the report said."

I wonder what country PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is transferring the rights to profits from their consulting fee to, even though, like Caterpillar, they'll most likely have no employees or business activities there. LOL.

I thought for sure the nutters would first attack the article's source --- ABC News --- for being reported by the dreaded mainstream media, because we all know faux news is the only news that can be trusted. LOL.

Somewhere, Mitt Romney is reading this article with an ear to ear grin of satisfaction.
Cat paid 55 million to save 2.4 billion? Damn, that's a good investment. Who gives a shit where Price put their money, they earned the 55 million and can do whatever they want with it, after taxes they couldn't avoid of course.

It must be awesome to live in your little simplistic back-and-white world.

Post to all defending Cat: Are you kidding me??! What country do you live in? Is there absolutely nothing that corporations can do that will rise the slightest amount of indignation in you? Corporations over country? Of all the low life scum...

Yes. Donating money to Democrat politicians or liberal organizations will get a corporation permanently on my banned list.

Post to all defending Cat: Are you kidding me??! What country do you live in? Is there absolutely nothing that corporations can do that will rise the slightest amount of indignation in you? Corporations over country? Of all the low life scum...

Yes. Donating money to Democrat politicians or liberal organizations will get a corporation permanently on my banned list.

Blowing off some of the day's frustrations on you corporate apologists was fun but seriously, you are all just lame. I don't really care what your reasons are. All I care is that we get all your kind out of elected office.

I am an individual, not a corporation. I would go to jail for so many years I would get out just in time for SS.

And why would you think that? You take your deductions for home interest, children, moving or whatever. That's all Cat did. If you're so damn upset about Cat not paying extra into the government black hole of money mismanagement pay some extra in yourself and be happy with your contribution.

Of course you have just as much distain for Apple, facebook, linkedin, twitter who work the tax laws so as not to pay s heck of a lot more than Catipillar, right? Billions upon billions...

I think its ridliclous to point out one and not the others who have avoided billions more than catipillar.

I hope your car breaks an axle next pothole it hits.
:lol:

BEST you can do? What's the matter? YOUR gubmint Check in peril too RandomFoible?

Ah come on T. You are defending Cat pulling $2.4B out of the U.S. economy and you are calling my posts weak?

How on earth did they "pull" $2.4B out of the economy? The money is money they EARNED?

And from the article:

"Caterpillar is the world's leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, with sales and revenues last year of nearly $56 billion. The company says it has increased U.S. employment by 13,000 jobs since 1999, growing to nearly 52,000 workers last year.

The company says it has 118,000 employees in 21 countries. In the U.S., it has 69 manufacturing and logistics facilities in 23 states, and dealers from coast to coast."

13,000 REAL JOBS is more than the $800B FAKE stimulus porkfest created.

Are you Noodle Boy?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtonKfWw2JY].[/ame]

Blowing off some of the day's frustrations on you corporate apologists was fun but seriously, you are all just lame. I don't really care what your reasons are. All I care is that we get all your kind out of elected office.

You seem to be the one who's frustrated. You never imagined anyone would defend Caterpillar, did you? You need to understand that not everyone believes corporations are pure evil as you do.

BTW, all I care is that we get all your kind out of elected office.

What else did they do? Give me some details.

I don't hate the criminal as much as I hate the crime. It was a very small number of individuals who disgraced a very large number of hard working Americans. Americans who did not cheat on their taxes by the way. Caterpillar is an American icon. I hope tax evasion does not become one.

Did they break the law?
No?
Then you're just whining.

Actually they did:

Caterpillar skirted $2.4 billion in taxes, Senate report says - The Washington Post

The subcommittee staff found that from 2000 to 2012, Peoria, Ill.-based Caterpillar moved $8 billion it earned in the United States to Switzerland after negotiating an effective tax rate of 4 percent with the Swiss government. Caterpillar redirected the money it made selling replacement parts for its machines to Swiss affiliate CSARL, according to the report.

If a middle-class American tried this they would go to jail for years. That "corporations are people too" bs is exactly that. Cat will probably pay a measly fine and the senior management will get 7/8 figure bonuses. Christ M14, whose side are you on anyway?

The side of the people who EARNED the money not the ones who want to STEAL it.

I don't hate the criminal as much as I hate the crime. It was a very small number of individuals who disgraced a very large number of hard working Americans. Americans who did not cheat on their taxes by the way. Caterpillar is an American icon. I hope tax evasion does not become one.

Link? What crimes did CAT commit?

Are you accusing Caterpiller of tax evasion? You can be sued for that, don't you know?

That's a very serious accusation. Do you have a shred of proof to support it?

Forum List

Back