Cat Lovers Thread

Just watched a Netflix documentary on cats. It was really good and full of incite into what cats do and why and their bonds with humans. I have always loved cats. I like dogs too. Dogs think we humans are gods, cats think they are gods. It's all good!!

ZSC_4360-DeNoiseAI-raw_1500x1200.jpg

Okay, I'm not playing tug o war with a lion/tiger. There's a saying, "To the victor goes the spoils."

I have 6 cats.....Whoa, before you go calling me "Crazy Cat Lady" there's a story behind all of this.

We already had one cat...Cali, a Calico that is an indoor cat, and she thinks she's the Alpha cat.

We acquired Dolly after losing a beautiful male cat we brought back with us from Alabama.
The crate we were carrying him broke as we were getting him out of the car, an of course, scared and confused he hit the ground running. We live in the country and it was almost dark, so even though we searched and searched, we couldn't find him.

I was so sad that my hub finally said, let's go to the County shelter and see if someone turned him in...he wasn't there, but he wanted me to see the kittens thinking I would fall in love with one of them and I would recover from my sadness....I did, and that's how we got Dolly.

In August of last year we went to California and our son was in the middle of moving and begged us to take his cat "Snicklefritz" because he would be staying with friends and no cats were allowed. Softies that we are, we agreed.......now we have 3 indoor cats...not to mention Smoky and Tiger, the only two male cats we have that are outdoor cats.

Then, just about 2 months later, a dear aunt of mine had to go into a nursing home, and her kids didn't want to take her cat "Boots" to the shelter, and asked me if I would be willing to take her. Her daughter has a dog, doesn't like cats, and her son lives in a no-pet apt. So, I volunteered to take her. She's docile and very pretty....almost looks a bit like the one we lost (gray with white).

So there you have it, four indoor cats that amuse us all the time, and 2 outdoor cats, that keep snakes and mice away.....

Here's Cali as a kitten...
26de0b1c-7467-4dfa-ba5a-38ae19196d64.jpg

This is Dolly.....
20131112_101937-1.jpg

this is Freakyfritz (what we call her)
P1010877.jpg

I'll post pictures of the others up later......:)
1663208799424.png

Top 30 Most Affectionate Cat Breeds That Like To Cuddle​

Contrary to popular belief, there are affectionate cat breeds for people looking for a friendly lap cat who wants to snuggle! For example, ragdoll cats can't get enough petting, and Scottish folds are sociable, loving, and want nothing more than to be around their person.

Keep reading because there are even more affectionate cat breeds to learn about!

Forum List

Back