Castro Throws First Punch at Obama, Demands Return of Gitmo

Will Obama Return Quantanamo To Cuba As Castro Demands?

• Total voters
No way is Obama going to give Guantanamo Bay back to the Cubans. He is far to astute of a politician to do such a thing. Just imagine the outcry in this country: Obama is giving away parts of the USA! He is a friend of Castro, he must be a Communist himself!

It would simply be too costly politically to give back Guantanamo Bay. It'll never happen.

Now, normalizing relations with Cuba, putting an embassy there, allowing free trade and tourism? Maybe. Maybe during his second term, he will be able to afford such a move. Wait and see.

It didn't stop Carter.

He will return it and make it seem his idea.

and i will worship him for it...hallowed be his name...may he have many children and all his days be blessed...

It's great how the only people who have a "messiah worship" is people who keep calling Obama the messiah. (No Democrats that I've seen yet)

Though most if not all of them most likely worship at the foot of the nearest Ronald Reagan statue. :eusa_whistle:

Explain people fainting at his rallies, then.

I'm cannot remember exactly sure how the lease on Gitmo reads.

Ws it "for perpetuity" or for a specifeed period of time?

If our lease is up, and Cuba doesn't want it renewed, then we ought to be good tenants and leave the property.

That's what civilized nations do...they live up to their contracts.

Otherwise?

Well, why bother leaving? The rent is cheap enough.

But as to normalizing relations with Cuba?

We ought to do that, and we should have done that decades ago.

And just think when we normalize relations, then all those extra Cuban doctors that the revolution has been training for the last 50 years can work here.

I would love to visit Cuba. I'm told its a truly beautiful place.

for ever per a signed treaty.....

you can visit cuba ...fly to mexico then to cuba....they won't stamp your passport....and if the do....just loose yours and go to the us embassy and get a new one.....

I have no doubt he will give Gitmo to Cuba. Can't return what belongs to us though. But then I get the impression President Obama has no problem appeasing dictators.

But then I get the impression President Obama has no problem appeasing dictators.

You mean like Nixon did with Pinochet?
Or Raygun did with Sadman and Noriega and the right-wing tinpot South American Dictators?
Or Daddy Bush with the House of Saud? That kind of appeasement?

That aside Guantanomo Bay is Cuban. Give it back. It's not like Haiti and the Dominican Republic where there are two separate countries sharing an island. Cuba is the Landlord and you are the tennants. If the landlord want to turf the tennants because they're misbehaving, he should be allowed to no? I thought you neocons believed a man's property is his castle?

But then I get the impression President Obama has no problem appeasing dictators.

You mean like Nixon did with Pinochet?
Or Raygun did with Sadman and Noriega and the right-wing tinpot South American Dictators?
Or Daddy Bush with the House of Saud? That kind of appeasement?

That aside Guantanomo Bay is Cuban. Give it back. It's not like Haiti and the Dominican Republic where there are two separate countries sharing an island. Cuba is the Landlord and you are the tennants. If the landlord want to turf the tennants because they're misbehaving, he should be allowed to no? I thought you neocons believed a man's property is his castle?

we've got a lease, piss off.
we pays our $3086.36 a year and it's ours.
forever.
castro should cash the checks and buy himself a clue.
:lol::lol::lol:

Why do we even want to have a base at Guantanomo Bay?

I am sure it costs ten's of millions of dollars a year to have a base there.

I say give it back and save the tax payers a ton of money.

forever.

Yeah, I know, because ya know, if the tables were turned, you conservatives would be sooooo happy about that wouldn't ya? :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

What does this mean? That if Cuba had such a lease, we'd go along? Or fight? Or what?

forever.

Yeah, I know, because ya know, if the tables were turned, you conservatives would be sooooo happy about that wouldn't ya? :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

happy's got nothing to do with it, grumpy, have another flail at it.
:lol:

I ain't talking legal, I'm talking moral. I thought you conservatives were big on morals..:lol::lol::lol:

happy's got nothing to do with it, grumpy, have another flail at it.
:lol:

I ain't talking legal, I'm talking moral. I thought you conservatives were big on morals..:lol::lol::lol:

what's immoral about paying your rent, and occupying what you've rented?

don't tell me a fine liberal like yourself has a problem with rent control?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

keep swinging.

keep swinging.

I have never been in favour of rent control.

I am in even less favour of not being able to get my property back if I want to...especially when my arm was twisted in the first place to sign the agreement. Are you conservatives into bullying?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

keep swinging.

I have never been in favour of rent control.

I am in even less favour of not being able to get my property back if I want to...especially when my arm was twisted in the first place to sign the agreement. Are you conservatives into bullying?? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

so you don't favour affordable housing?

so you don't favour affordable housing?

Course I do, Del. You forget, you live in the states - the Me, Me, Me society. I don't. We don't get stupid about rental properties down here. It's all about supply and demand...

ahh, well, thanks for taking time out of your regularly scheduled altruistic behaviour to enlighten me. please, go back to making the blind walk and the lame see-i didn't mean to distract you.

ahh, well, thanks for taking time out of your regularly scheduled altruistic behaviour to enlighten me. please, go back to making the blind walk and the lame see-i didn't mean to distract you.

What's altruistic about wanting to give back a country that hates you and that you hate, its own land. Sounds sensible to me...

Forum List

Back