Carter Hosts Indian Counterpart, Praises Strong Bilateral Ties

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
I am glad to see India and US moving in the right direction. I hope it continues and neither Hillary nor Donald destroys this.

---

160829-D-SK590-412.JPG

WASHINGTON, Aug. 29, 2016 — With strong cooperation in defense and technology and in peace and security, the U.S.-India relationship is "destined to be one of the defining partnerships of the 21st century," Defense Secretary Ash Carter said today.

The United States and India share a common vision for peace, stability and prosperity in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region, Carter said in a joint news conference at the Pentagon with Indian Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar.

The two officials last met in April when Carter visited India. Today's productive discussion marked their sixth meeting, Carter said, describing Parrikar as a strong and effective leader who is an innovator, great partner and true friend.

Carter praised recent developments in the bilateral relationship. He noted President Barack Obama hosted Indian Prime Minister Narenda Modi in June, and India was designated then as a major defense partner of the United States.

"Today, we moved that partnership forward," Carter said.

Carter acknowledged he has never been more optimistic about the relationship or more committed to its progress.

The nations will further strengthen cooperation in a number of areas to ensure the Asia-Pacific continues to be a region where everyone can rise and prosper, he said.

Carter Hosts Indian Counterpart, Praises Strong Bilateral Ties > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > Article

I hope we are able to stop this next chapter of wealth redistribution. Our wealth, their gain. It has got to stop.
America first for a change. Stop Hillary from finishing us off.

Where do you see the wealth redistribution?

BTW, congratulation on dethroning iRosie for the spot of being the lowest information member of this forum.

I hope we are able to stop this next chapter of wealth redistribution. Our wealth, their gain. It has got to stop.

LMAO. American foreign aid to India is completely immaterial, the latter isn't even in the top-25 of recipient countries.

If you want to push for America-first, lobby to revisit all of the money sent the way of Israel and the Muslim world.

You misunderstood the next chapter part.
Our country borrows money at exorbitant interest rates, and then hands it out to 96% of all the countries on this earth. Absolute insanity. We gift plane loads of it.
If we elect Hilery to the White House, she will use our wealth and resources to empower the Pacific rim. She has told us so. And climate change $ will allow their factories to fowl as much air as they want with impunity, just as China does, while we cripple our power plants into submission. The stupidity of America is an embarrassment.

You misunderstood the next chapter part.
Our country borrows money at exorbitant interest rates, and then hands it out to 96% of all the countries on this earth. Absolute insanity. We gift plane loads of it.
If we elect Hilery to the White House, she will use our wealth and resources to empower the Pacific rim. She has told us so. And climate change $ will allow their factories to fowl as much air as they want with impunity, just as China does, while we cripple our power plants into submission. The stupidity of America is an embarrassment.

The first part of what you outlined could be rectified if the Treasury department was staffed with competent individuals with real-world financial literacy.

But both countries need each other because of China’s increasing adventurism and aggression, and this is leading to a flurry of activity before President Barack Obama’s time in office finishes at the end of this year.

A historic defense deal called LEMOA, or Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement to give it its full name, was signed in Washington on August 29 between the two countries’ defense ministers, Ashton Carter and Manohar Parrikar.

After tortuous negotiations lasting some 14 years, it provides for both countries making their naval, air force and army bases available to each other for servicing and repairs on a case-by-case basis.

At the same time, America’s secretary of state, John Kerry, was arriving in Delhi for the second India-U.S. strategic and commercial dialogue that includes India’s foreign minister, Sushma Swaraj, and both countries’ commerce ministers. Their agenda has ranged from climate change and clean energy to cyber cooperation and arbitration arrangements.

Modi snubs China’s Xi and Cozies Up to China

BTW, congratulation on dethroning iRosie for the spot of being the lowest information member of this forum.

The son of a whore just gifted 90 million to Laos. I'm sure he plans to take that out of his own personal bank account though... And then there was that money laundering through Swiss banks that he flew into Iran with 40 million in "ransom" money. In the dark of night, hoping we'd never find out. Just where in the hell do you think these gifts are coming from? Tooth fairy?

Yeah, I'm the one that lacks info...

The son of a whore just gifted 90 million to Laos. I'm sure he plans to take that out of his own personal bank account though... And then there was that money laundering through Swiss banks that he flew into Iran with 40 million in "ransom" money. In the dark of night, hoping we'd never find out. Just where in the hell do you think these gifts are coming from? Tooth fairy?

Yeah, I'm the one that lacks info...

This thread is not about Laos. This thread is about defense deal between India - USA. Go to school and take some lessons in comprehension instead of wasting the bandwidth with your simple posts.

Last but not least: DO NOT CALL PRESIDENT OBAMA SON OF A WHORE. Take your uncivilized self somewhere else.

^ You are an idiot who has not understanding of the world.

Explain: What do you think the US will be paying for?

Forum List

Back