Carrier workers facing layoffs feel betrayed by Trump

Cutting taxes and regulations does nothing to change the fact that labor is still going to be far cheaper overseas.

Tariffs will equalize the difference.

How does increasing the company's profit and increasing the cost to the consumer "equalize the difference"?

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com
cause if it is made in america that's how much it would have cost. Might as well keep it here and get tax revenues from workers. actually it is a consumer's advantage.

Do they feel the least betrayed by their Union leadership?
so the union leadership had the power and control to break the deal and move jobs to Mexico? Interesting "thinking"
So Trump runs their company, interesting.

Trump ran his mouth about the jobs he saved. at that company. So did you guys. Now just live with the fact Trump failed.
those weren't the ones he saved. best to understand what happened in December.

Of course not. If the plant closes those weren't the jobs Trump said he saved either. All excuses for failure by Trump is good for you guys.

so the union leadership had the power and control to break the deal and move jobs to Mexico? Interesting "thinking"

Trump ran his mouth about the jobs he saved. at that company. So did you guys. Now just live with the fact Trump failed.

Of course not. If the plant closes those weren't the jobs Trump saved either. All excuses for failure by Trump is good for you guys.
well the first thing you should try is report the news correctly. but hey you're a lib. why do that if it isn't in your best interest right? It is why msm doesn't report hardly any positive news. And that is a fact.

Here facts,

Carrier, the big air-conditioner company, to move over 2,000 of them from Indiana to Mexico was a tailor-made talking point for him on the stump.

so your 600 is but part of that. Misrepresentation is all you got. I bet you have a lot of smoke and mirrors eh?

Carrier’s Indianapolis factory to announce a deal with the company to keep roughly 1,000 jobs in the state, according to officials with the transition team as well as Carrier.

it was all upfront. never claimed all 2000 jobs. but that doesn't stop you eh? lies and lies. you must feel soo good at the end of such a day. when you have no morals.

Here facts,
Carrier, the big air-conditioner company, to move over 2,000 of them from Indiana to Mexico was a tailor-made talking point for him on the stump.
so your 600 is but part of that. Misrepresentation is all you got. I bet you have a lot of smoke and mirrors eh?
Carrier’s Indianapolis factory to announce a deal with the company to keep roughly 1,000 jobs in the state, according to officials with the transition team as well as Carrier.
it was allupfront. never claimed all 2000 jobs. but that doesn't stop you eh? lies and lies. you must feel soo good at the end of such a day. when you have no morals.

The news is those jobs Trump "saved" are going away too, correct?

Here facts,
it was allupfront. never claimed all 2000 jobs. but that doesn't stop you eh? lies and lies. you must feel soo good at the end of such a day. when you have no morals.

nope.

nope.

Then what does this mean? From Syracuse.com:

Carrier laying off 632 employees despite Drumpf promises
May 26, 2017
CNN reports the job cuts were not a surprise, despite claims by Drumpf that as many as 1,400 jobs had been saved in a deal that included $7 million in state tax incentives for Carrier. Chuck Jones, president of the United Steelworkers 1999, which represents Carrier employees, said Drumpf lied and only 730 jobs had been saved; at least 550 jobs were always expected to be cut.

Of course not. If the plant closes those weren't the jobs Trump saved either. All excuses for failure by Trump is good for you guys.
well the first thing you should try is report the news correctly. but hey you're a lib. why do that if it isn't in your best interest right? It is why msm doesn't report hardly any positive news. And that is a fact.

Here facts,

it was all upfront. never claimed all 2000 jobs. but that doesn't stop you eh? lies and lies. you must feel soo good at the end of such a day. when you have no morals.

I don't think you being a right winger has any room to talk about someone's morals. Especially since I never said he was going to save all 2,000 jobs in he first place you fucking liar, What I did say was that Trump ran his mouth about the jobs he saved at Carrier which he did. I knew from jump that more jobs were moving to Mexico. I also knew that more would have left had Pence not give the company a 7 million dollar handout of Indiana taxpayer money.

Now shut the fuck up extremist and face the fact that Trump failed.

I also knew that more would have left had Pence not give the company a 7 million dollar handout of Indiana taxpayer money.

When should we use the term BRIBERY???

If we were right wingers and this was Hillary we'd use it now. I believe we do unto republicans as they do unto everyone else.

If this were Hillary as President we would not be having this discussion. She would have done nothing to try and save jobs so thus she would not have failed. Hell she was part of the administration that started the great sucking sound of jobs leaving the country. The left is at least smart enough not to try and thus not fail.

If this were Hillary as President we would not be having this discussion. She would have done nothing to try and save jobs so thus she would not have failed. Hell she was part of the administration that started the great sucking sound of jobs leaving the country. The left is at least smart enough not to try and thus not fail.

Maybe you forgot that Conservatives were the ones who pushed NAFTA. They're the ones right there next to Clinton applauding as he signed it. It should also be noted that during the Clinton years of NAFTA, the economy produced about 21,000,000 private-sector jobs.

Maybe you forgot that Conservatives were the ones who pushed NAFTA. They're the ones right there next to Clinton applauding as he signed it. It should also be noted that during the Clinton years of NAFTA, the economy produced about 21,000,000 private-sector jobs.
It should be noted that the scum bag worse president of my life time William Clinton signed NAFTA into law after campaigned for it harder then anything else during his administration. HE sold out American workers. HE could of stopped it. HE didn't and Hillary was part of it.

And he did, read this from those effected who are taking Carrier moving much better then those who wish to use them for their political fodder.

Trump Saved Carrier Jobs. These Workers Weren’t as Lucky.

It was not to be. Thanks to public pressure from Mr. Trump and a generous package of tax breaks negotiated by Gov. Mike Pence, now the vice president, Carrier did agree to keep making some of its furnaces in Indianapolis, preserving roughly 800 of 1,400 jobs there.

But the plant in Huntington operated by United Technologies Electronic Controls, or UTEC, was not part of that deal — nor would it be helped by the “buy American” mandate for federal infrastructure projects that Mr. Trump promised in Wisconsin last week. And by early next year, the components used for furnaces still assembled in Indianapolis will come instead from Monterrey, Mexico, where it takes a day to earn what workers here make in about an hour.

And he did, read this from those effected who are taking Carrier moving much better then those who wish to use them for their political fodder.

Trump Saved Carrier Jobs. These Workers Weren’t as Lucky.

It was not to be. Thanks to public pressure from Mr. Trump and a generous package of tax breaks negotiated by Gov. Mike Pence, now the vice president, Carrier did agree to keep making some of its furnaces in Indianapolis, preserving roughly 800 of 1,400 jobs there.

But the plant in Huntington operated by United Technologies Electronic Controls, or UTEC, was not part of that deal — nor would it be helped by the “buy American” mandate for federal infrastructure projects that Mr. Trump promised in Wisconsin last week. And by early next year, the components used for furnaces still assembled in Indianapolis will come instead from Monterrey, Mexico, where it takes a day to earn what workers here make in about an hour.

Yawn!

nope.

May 26, 2017
CNN reports the job cuts were not a surprise, despite claims by Drumpf that as many as 1,400 jobs had been saved in a deal that included $7 million in state tax incentives for Carrier. Chuck Jones, president of the United Steelworkers 1999, which represents Carrier employees, said Drumpf lied and only 730 jobs had been saved; at least 550 jobs were always expected to be cut.
but from the link of the OP

At the White House Friday, press secretary Sean Spicer said the job cuts here were long-planned and nothing new.

I also knew that more would have left had Pence not give the company a 7 million dollar handout of Indiana taxpayer money.

When should we use the term BRIBERY???

If we were right wingers and this was Hillary we'd use it now. I believe we do unto republicans as they do unto everyone else.
200.gif

Here facts,

I don't think you being a right winger has any room to talk about someone's morals. Especially since I never said he was going to save all 2,000 jobs in he first place you fucking liar, What I did say was that Trump ran his mouth about the jobs he saved at Carrier which he did. I knew from jump that more jobs were moving to Mexico. I also knew that more would have left had Pence not give the company a 7 million dollar handout of Indiana taxpayer money.

Now shut the fuck up extremist and face the fact that Trump failed.
look at the butt hurt left loser. still trying to figure out the carrier jobs. I explained it and so have others. go fking read for awhile and get back to us when you have some fking facts.

BTW, old fking news.

nope.

May 26, 2017
that CNN still makes up fake news!

200.gif

Forum List

Back