Cardinal Marx on Francis, the Synod, Women in the Church and Gay Relationships

Oh, I see. Well, is it the gay part, the hetrosexual couples that are considered common law before marriage or allowing women to handle tasks that they had not been able to before?
All of it, there was also a heretical motion risen on whether the allow those who were divorced or "remarried" to receive Holy Communion. Thankfully there were courageous bishops and cardinals who stood up to this abomination of a synod, and they prevented a coup here. I pray for the Church everyday, for I fear this heretical liberal element, which occupies the highest positions of power in the Church, will tear it apart.
Still not eating meat on Friday and having Mass in Latin, are you?

Oh, I see. Well, is it the gay part, the hetrosexual couples that are considered common law before marriage or allowing women to handle tasks that they had not been able to before? Or all of the above?
If the government wants to marry gay couples to give them tax breaks and the common sense say on medical and legal care all couples enjoy, good for the government. I'm not sure why we need the government to manage couples this way, but government does manage to wiggle its way into every aspect of our lives.

A Sacramental marriage addresses the union between a man and a woman, signifying God made the two for each other, and the intent is that they remain married for life. If a man doesn't wish to join with a woman; or a woman join with a man, they would have zilch interest in the Sacrament. I had zilch interest in the Sacrament for much of my adult life because I did not wish to marry anyone.

From the beginning, men and women have been involved in Church "tasks" if you will. Christ assigned a few tasks to men--perhaps because men are apt to allow women to do everything and then the women are complaining men never do anything? (I'm kidding here, of course, but then I have heard a couple of men who attend a church with a woman pastor remark that it is the women who have the run of their church. It might be interesting to see if this is really true, especially in the light that both men said they like their women pastors--and they, of course, continue to attend church functions.)

In a world where it seems quite acceptable to take the easiest way possible, shouldn't we be glad of a Church that points to the ideal? The Catholic Church does not insist everyone follow the ideal--it is simply there to help people who wish to strive for the ideal.
It is long past time to leave marriage to the churches, as they see fit, and have civil contracts between consenting adults and the government to define legal rights in a relationship.
Fine. We were married in a church over decade before it became civilly legal.

Forum List

Back