Cardiac Catheterization

Has anyone had one? If so, how long did it take to recover?
My father in law did. He also had a stent put in at the time of it. He had to take it easy for about 3 days. No strenuous activity for a week.

Good luck to you. Hopefully, they can stent if needed then and you will be feeling much better in no time.

It's a simple procedure they will probably go through the wrist and the patient should be able to return to normal activity in a few days...why are you having it done?

I had one decades ago. They put in a tube starting at a leg vein near the groin. I was conscious and was able to see a fluoroscope which showed the progress as the tube wended its way to a clot in a vein. They squirt streptokinase at directly at the clot. There was no problem at all in recovering from the catheter. I probably could have gone home that day except that I was laid up 10 days in the hospital with a serious heart attack because they couldn't dissolve the clot it in time.

Not me but a close friend. Thanks for the info

It's not a big deal. Your friend should do fine and be up in no time at all. My wifes dad had to have it done and he was back to 100% in a day an a half.

I have had cardiac Cath on two occasions once through my groin, and once through my left arm.

There is a bit of discomfort involved, but there is no real recovery period, unless it is necessary to give you a stitch or two at the insertion point, which is rare. I would think you could "go to the gym" the following day, with no issues.

For your sake, I hope they find "nothing."

I have had cardiac Cath on two occasions once through my groin, and once through my left arm.

There is a bit of discomfort involved, but there is no real recovery period, unless it is necessary to give you a stitch or two at the insertion point, which is rare. I would think you could "go to the gym" the following day, with no issues.

For your sake, I hope they find "nothing."

Again, it's not for me. I am the driver and the de facto nurse. I didn't know what I was signing up for as far as the nursing duties for late next week

Good info.

Forum List

Back