Carbon Tax Is Coming

The article tells what taxes are decreased.

Sales tax will decrease. Taxes on certain manufacturing will decrease.

It's revenue neutral.
See if you can detect the dishonest bias in your article from this quote:

• I-732 will add a $25 per ton tax to polluting fossil fuels. This is equivalent to about a 25 cent increase per gallon of gasoline. Household electricity prices would go up about five percent.
  • I-732 returns the money polluters pay to everyone’s pocket by lowering other taxes:
    • Lowers the sales tax by one percentage point, saving the average family hundreds of dollars per year.
Do you see it? And I don't just mean the use of "polluters".

I didn't read the whole article.

I read the text of the initiative.

If my electric bills are going to go up 5 percent I have no problem with it.

My last electric bill, which was a 2 month billing cycle, was 27 dollars. My house is 3800 sq feet and I'm right on Puget Sound so we get the storms first and we always have lower temeratures because of it.

My electric bills are low enough to pay a surcharge on pollution. We're paying it anyway by having to clean up the mess so why not do it the cheaper way instead of the unhealthy and expensive way? I'll pay a little more to help prevent a child from having a disease like asthma because of pollution.
The dishonest bias in that article is that they take pains to tell you the dollar amount of how much you will "save" in sales tax, but utterly fail to mention the dollar amount you will pay in extra utility bills and gasoline.

A lie of omission that is a sure sign of a scam.

I will pay less in sales taxes which will off set the very minimal amount I might pay extra for the carbon tax.

I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again and haven't. I don't use as much gas as those with a regular car. So the increase for those like me will be less.

Which is the point. Encourage more people to be more environmentally responsible and get as many of those horribly stinky cars off the road.

Since I don't drive a regular gas car I've noticed how horrible regular cars smell. I hope more people have even more incentive to trade in their old gas guzzlers that harm our environment and get one that doesn't pollute as much.

I just went through the voter's pamphlet again. I didn't miss the so called 5% increase on a household on energy. You got that from the article. Which isn't in the financial declaration required by the law here. So I'm more inclined to believe that 5% increase in the article is supposition and not fact.

The tax isn't on energy that's created from non carbon sources such as water, wind and the sun. Which is how we generate energy here. Water is the largest percentage at 60%. The rest is renewables such as wind and sun. We have a law that requires the renewable energy so there's no energy that I know of that comes from fossil fuels here beyond the gas people put in their cars.
Almost nothing from wind or solar, you are quite full of it. Most is from dams but 10% from coal and 4% nuclear. We would have more if it wasn't for the halfwits shutting down the Satsop and Kelso plants.

Nuclear Energy in Washington - CASEnergy Coalition
Nuclear energy is a vital part of America’s energy portfolio. Nuclear energy already provides about 20 percent of the country’s electricity, and Washington’s Columbia facility generates 4 percent of the state’s electricity.

Demand for energy is expected to grow in Washington and across the United States, as much as 28 percent by 2040 in the U.S. In order to meet future electricity demands, the United States will need to embrace a broad portfolio of American-produced energy solutions, and nuclear energy must be a part of that mix.

Not if hilary gets into office...she has been bought and paid for by the muslim, oil nations....so the American energy industtry is about to get murdered....

Dana7360 will pay any tax for any reason at any time - TAXES ARE GOOD!!! vote Hillary!!!

Since I don't drive a regular gas car I've noticed how horrible regular cars smell. I hope more people have even more incentive to trade in their old gas guzzlers that harm our environment and get one that doesn't pollute as much.
I'm sure low income people will be trading in their barely affordable old cars for a massively more expensive electric car any day now, you elitist dipshit. You think they drive those beaters by choice, asshole?

In the meantime, they will be paying hundreds of dollars more in electric and fuel bills just so you can fool yourself into bleeving you are doing everyone some good.

Jesus H. Christ.

My last electric bill, which was a 2 month billing cycle, was 27 dollars.

Washington Electricity Rates
The average monthly residential electricity bill in Washington is $88

That's an average.

It's also an average that's very low.

When the bush boy took our energy from us with his energy package of 2001, our electric rates tripled over night.

It was because of the fraud by Enron in California. They were being denied energy by Enron in their efforts to drive up the price of energy down there after republican governor pete wilson deregulated it.

The bush boy deregulated our energy against our will using California law. He put our energy on the open market and right into Enron's hands. Which caused rates to triple, businesses to close or leave the state, people to lose their homes because they couldn't afford the energy.

Our politicians, Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell along with others forced the Enron tapes to be released, the bush boy was holding them refusing to allow them to be released. Those tapes proved the fraud.

We got our electricity back and over night the rates returned back to normal.

I just paid 27 dollars for 2 months of electricity. I have a 3800 sq ft house on Puget Sound. I'm not in the eastern part of the state that has to have AC in the summer and heat in the winter. I don't need AC. The summers there are usually in the 90s or low 100s. They have brutal winters on the east side of the state so they have higher energy bills because they use more energy than we do over on the west side. Their bills figure into that average you quoted. Their bills aren't the same as the energy bills on the west side of the state.

Off Topic:
Dana7360, ce que vous avez affiliation avec Charlie Hebdo ou Mssr. Roncin ? Je demande parce que de votre signature note.

I don't have any connection to Charlie Hebdo beyond supporting free speech.

They publish what's not acceptable to some people and I believe that everyone should have a voice.

No one should be killed for freely speaking out.

I believe that free speech is for everyone. Not just those who say what you want to hear.

My signature is the rally cry when the violence happened to the people at the publication.

I'm part French and believe we're all Charlie.

TY for the reply. I was just curious. Few folks have such a subtle statement in their sig lines. Just thought I'd confirm that my supposition about the meaning of yours was as I expected. It is.

Off Topic:
Dana7360, ce que vous avez affiliation avec Charlie Hebdo ou Mssr. Roncin ? Je demande parce que de votre signature note.
Qu'ils mangent de la brioche

Charlie Manson, a result of the preppy-hippy fad.

Mais comment vais-je mange le gâteau, si ma tête est là-bas, et mes mains sont ici?

MA-Execution-1794.jpg

That's an average.

When the bush boy took our energy from us with his energy package of 2001, our electric rates tripled over night.

It was because of the fraud by Enron in California. They were being denied energy by Enron in their efforts to drive up the price of energy down there after republican governor pete wilson deregulated it.

The bush boy deregulated our energy against our will using California law. He put our energy on the open market and right into Enron's hands. Which caused rates to triple, businesses to close or leave the state, people to lose their homes because they couldn't afford the energy.

Our politicians, Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell along with others forced the Enron tapes to be released, the bush boy was holding them refusing to allow them to be released. Those tapes proved the fraud.

I just paid 27 dollars for 2 months of electricity. I have a 3800 sq ft house on Puget Sound. I'm not in the eastern part of the state that has to have AC in the summer and heat in the winter. I don't need AC. The summers there are usually in the 90s or low 100s. They have brutal winters on the east side of the state so they have higher energy bills because they use more energy than we do over on the west side. Their bills figure into that average you quoted. Their bills aren't the same as the energy bills on the west side of the state.

Enron and Ken Lay gave a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$ to the Clintons and the Dems too, but that doesn't bother you at all...

Jeopardy! music still playing as not one single left wing science invalid "warmer" will answer the question

WHY does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9+ times the ice of the other, the Arctic?

My state will vote on an initiative that will impose a carbon tax on dirty fuel.

It will be the first carbon tax in the nation. As usual, those in my state lead the way for change.

My state has been a trend setting state for a long time. It will pass here and will be coming to your state in the future.

Full disclosure, I'm voting for that tax.

Nation’s First Carbon Tax, Initiative 732, Goes before Voters in Washington State | Business Wire
So what will go down the fastest?

1- Temperatures.
2- Your savings accounts.
3- Your states government morals in the fight for the money.

Well, his IQ is already in the tank... so, I'm guessing #2.

My state will vote on an initiative that will impose a carbon tax on dirty fuel.

It will be the first carbon tax in the nation. As usual, those in my state lead the way for change.

My state has been a trend setting state for a long time. It will pass here and will be coming to your state in the future.

Nation’s First Carbon Tax, Initiative 732, Goes before Voters in Washington State | Business Wire
What taxes are they reducing to offset this new tax?

It's revenue neutral.

• I-732 will add a $25 per ton tax to polluting fossil fuels. This is equivalent to about a 25 cent increase per gallon of gasoline. Household electricity prices would go up about five percent.
  • I-732 returns the money polluters pay to everyone’s pocket by lowering other taxes:
    • Lowers the sales tax by one percentage point, saving the average family hundreds of dollars per year.

My last electric bill, which was a 2 month billing cycle, was 27 dollars. My house is 3800 sq feet and I'm right on Puget Sound so we get the storms first and we always have lower temeratures because of it.

My electric bills are low enough to pay a surcharge on pollution. We're paying it anyway by having to clean up the mess so why not do it the cheaper way instead of the unhealthy and expensive way? I'll pay a little more to help prevent a child from having a disease like asthma because of pollution.

Yeah, cause it is all about you you selfish elitist prick.

Have the dumbasses in your state even taken a look at who will be paying that tax??

The price of everything will go up to pay that tax. Hope you folks in Washington State have deep pockets cause you are going to need them.

Have the dumbasses in your state even taken a look at who will be paying that tax??

The price of everything will go up to pay that tax. Hope you folks in Washington State have deep pockets cause you are going to need them.
Not only that but once the left gets a carbon tax in the door they are going to add it to anything they can in time, like breathing.

So what will go down the fastest?

1- Temperatures.
2- Your savings accounts.
3- Your states government morals in the fight for the money.

I want door number three!

It's revenue neutral.

High and Mighty Lowlife

Those storms blow away all the pollution. We must use common sense instead of listening to unjustifiably privileged people who make up things so they can boss us around and put us in our place.

That's an average.

Wow, you actually know that much about ENRON and yet still you like the carbon tax THAT WAS THEIR IDEA! Are you one drugs? Just wonderin....

Funny thing about carbon taxes they kill the middle class and poor. But then again these idiots still elect fools to herd the sheep.

It's revenue neutral.

The dishonest bias in that article is that they take pains to tell you the dollar amount of how much you will "save" in sales tax, but utterly fail to mention the dollar amount you will pay in extra utility bills and gasoline.

A lie of omission that is a sure sign of a scam.

I will pay less in sales taxes which will off set the very minimal amount I might pay extra for the carbon tax.

I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again and haven't. I don't use as much gas as those with a regular car. So the increase for those like me will be less.

Which is the point. Encourage more people to be more environmentally responsible and get as many of those horribly stinky cars off the road.

I just went through the voter's pamphlet again. I didn't miss the so called 5% increase on a household on energy. You got that from the article. Which isn't in the financial declaration required by the law here. So I'm more inclined to believe that 5% increase in the article is supposition and not fact.

The tax isn't on energy that's created from non carbon sources such as water, wind and the sun. Which is how we generate energy here. Water is the largest percentage at 60%. The rest is renewables such as wind and sun. We have a law that requires the renewable energy so there's no energy that I know of that comes from fossil fuels here beyond the gas people put in their cars.

No doubt you would support a Federal Mandate for everyone to follow this crap.

You must be one of those morons who enjoys getting kicked in the teeth.

Forum List

Back