Yet again Trump opens a property that few of his supporters can afford.

320 Years of History

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Rates at Trump’s Washington hotel are well above what other luxury properties in the city charge. A standard room at the Trump hotel goes for $625 a night in mid-February, normally a weaker month for demand, compared with $459 for the Hay-Adams and $342 for the Willard InterContinental. Rates for inauguration week begin at $1,250 a night. There’s a $500,000 package that includes first-class round-trip air tickets, custom Brioni suits, dinner for as many as 24 guests, spa treatments and Trump family commemorative plates. $313/night is the average room rate from January through July 2016 for luxury hotels in downtown Washington.

Make no mistake. I have no issue with Trump opening a luxury hotel. I even hope it's successful. (One'd have to be a total and huge "mess" of a business manager for it to not be.) What I see is that Trump talks about wanting to do things for "regular" people, yet barely a thing he does as a business serves "regular" people. (He was one the executive producers of eight episodes during four years of the Apprentice.) Seeing that is so, and then considering that even his manufactured products aren't U.S. made when, despite the fact that the man is constantly "on about" bringing manufacturing back, there are many U.S. garment manufacturers, it's quite hard to conceive there be any veracity to his attestations about being "for" typical Americans.

The Clintons should stay there the night before Hillary's inaguration

So only motel 6 is "for" typical Americans?
No it's for Trump supporters who are generally poor.
There are no poor billary supporters then?

No, we get all "free stuff"
You should walk in to Trumps new hotel and ask for your free room then.

I usually just flash my Liberal Card and wink.....

get_and_card.gif

The middle income person or family , median income, can not afford to stay at his motels or golf on his courses.
Wake up steel workers, he gets his steel from China.

Rates at Trump’s Washington hotel are well above what other luxury properties in the city charge. A standard room at the Trump hotel goes for $625 a night in mid-February, normally a weaker month for demand, compared with $459 for the Hay-Adams and $342 for the Willard InterContinental. Rates for inauguration week begin at $1,250 a night. There’s a $500,000 package that includes first-class round-trip air tickets, custom Brioni suits, dinner for as many as 24 guests, spa treatments and Trump family commemorative plates. $313/night is the average room rate from January through July 2016 for luxury hotels in downtown Washington.

Make no mistake. I have no issue with Trump opening a luxury hotel. I even hope it's successful. (One'd have to be a total and huge "mess" of a business manager for it to not be.) What I see is that Trump talks about wanting to do things for "regular" people, yet barely a thing he does as a business serves "regular" people. (He was one the executive producers of eight episodes during four years of the Apprentice.) Seeing that is so, and then considering that even his manufactured products aren't U.S. made when, despite the fact that the man is constantly "on about" bringing manufacturing back, there are many U.S. garment manufacturers, it's quite hard to conceive there be any veracity to his attestations about being "for" typical Americans.

Pity you didn't choose to get a job instead of playing pocket-pool. You might be in a little better economic condition today.....

I don't see a problem with Trump refiguring an historic building as a hotel. The financing was a bit messy, apparantlty, but that is not unusual, and maybe he did a good job.

Fine with me. He's a businessman giving people what they want. We can thank Anti American policies of both republicans and democrats of the past for the people not being able to afford a hotel at that price. I can also guarantee you I would NEVER pay that much for a hotel room. I think most I have ever paid was little over 100$ for one night.

Yes, he makes high end hotels. Most Hillary supporters can't afford it either.

Forum List

Back