Carbon Tax Is Coming

Carbon Fee and Divided Policy

It's a wealth transfer scheme. Robbing corporations and redistributing to the people.

All fees are to be placed in the Carbon Fees Trust Fund and be rebated to American households as outlined below.

"Rebated". A progressive euphemism for "redistributed".

Equal monthly per-person dividend payments shall be made to all American households (½ payment per child under 18 years old, with a limit of 2 children per family) each month.

My state will vote on an initiative that will impose a carbon tax on dirty fuel.

It will be the first carbon tax in the nation. As usual, those in my state lead the way for change.

My state has been a trend setting state for a long time. It will pass here and will be coming to your state in the future.

Full disclosure, I'm voting for that tax.

Nation’s First Carbon Tax, Initiative 732, Goes before Voters in Washington State | Business Wire
What taxes are they reducing to offset this new tax?

The article tells what taxes are decreased.

Sales tax will decrease. Taxes on certain manufacturing will decrease.

It's revenue neutral.

“It is said that Robin Hood fought against the looting rulers and returned the loot to those who had been robbed, but that is not the meaning of the legend which has survived. He is remembered, not as a champion of property, but as a champion of need, not as a defender of the robbed, but as a provider of the poor. He is held to be the first man who assumed a halo of virtue by practicing charity with wealth which he did not own, by giving away goods which he had not produced, by making others pay for the luxury of his pity. He is the man who became the symbol of the idea that need, not achievement, is the source of rights, that we don’t have to produce, only to want, that the earned does not belong to us, but the unearned does. He became a justification for every mediocrity who, unable to make his own living, has demanded the power to dispose of the property of his betters, by proclaiming his willingness to devote his life to his inferiors at the price of robbing his superiors. It is this foulest of creatures — the double-parasite who lives on the sores of the poor and the blood of the rich — whom men have come to regard as a moral ideal. And this has brought us to a world where the more a man produces, the closer he comes to the loss of all his rights, until, if his ability is great enough, he becomes a rightless creature delivered as prey to any claimant — while in order to be placed above rights, above principles, above morality, placed where anything is permitted to him, even plunder and murder, all a man has to do is be in need. Do you wonder why the world is collapsing around us? That is what I am fighting… Until men learn that of all human symbols, Robin Hood is the most immoral and the most contemptible, there will be no justice on earth and no way for mankind to survive.”

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

My state will vote on an initiative that will impose a carbon tax on dirty fuel.

It will be the first carbon tax in the nation. As usual, those in my state lead the way for change.

My state has been a trend setting state for a long time. It will pass here and will be coming to your state in the future.

Nation’s First Carbon Tax, Initiative 732, Goes before Voters in Washington State | Business Wire

It's revenue neutral.
See if you can detect the dishonest bias in your article from this quote:

• I-732 will add a $25 per ton tax to polluting fossil fuels. This is equivalent to about a 25 cent increase per gallon of gasoline. Household electricity prices would go up about five percent.
  • I-732 returns the money polluters pay to everyone’s pocket by lowering other taxes:
    • Lowers the sales tax by one percentage point, saving the average family hundreds of dollars per year.
Do you see it? And I don't just mean the use of "polluters".

And how many people know the impact? That's exactly what wrong with the initiative process. The gullible shooting themselves in the foot.

You've told me we are in the same state.

If that was true then you know that any negative impact will be minimal on us.

We don't get our energy from coal. Our one and only coal fired plant left in our state was started to be shutdown in 2005. I don't know the progress but that was more than a decade ago so it's probably very close to being done and we don't get any energy from coal.

What this initiative will do is get the coal trains out of our state. If it's too expensive for them to drag their dirty coal to ship to China from our state, they will go to another one. Meanwhile we no longer have the mess that coal train causes. A mess we have to clean up.

You should also know our state is one of the leaders of our nation in many areas including clean energy. We passed a law that requires a certain percentage of our energy comes from renewables and clean sources several years ago. This initiative will help speed up the process to renewable and clean energy sources while making those who pollute our environment clean up the mess they make.

It's a win/win situation.
What mess? Hauling coal creates pollution? I call bullshit. It's just a way to further harm the coal industry. Liberals will believe anything.

According to the link I provided, every penny taken from the filthy bastard murdering motherfucker polluters will be redistributed to Washingtonians.

At the same time, the sales tax and other taxes are going to be reduced.

This is the Washington liberals' idea of a "revenue neutral" measure.

Does anyone else see the giant flaw in this?

I'm all for it. I wish it was on the ballot here in Colorado.
High in the Heir

Your spoiled richkids are either killing one another or killing the economy. Daddy makes sure the spoiled brats will get the few good jobs left after the Trustfundie Treehuggers destroy economic growth. That's been going on ever since the Depression ended. And the fossilized fortunate families were the ones that caused that.

And World War II. Just like they couldn't recognize what they were breeding at Columbine, their grandfathers couldn't recognize what their favorite anti-Communist, Hitler, had in store for them, too.

Off Topic:
Dana7360, ce que vous avez affiliation avec Charlie Hebdo ou Mssr. Roncin ? Je demande parce que de votre signature note.

I don't have any connection to Charlie Hebdo beyond supporting free speech.

They publish what's not acceptable to some people and I believe that everyone should have a voice.

No one should be killed for freely speaking out.

I believe that free speech is for everyone. Not just those who say what you want to hear.

My signature is the rally cry when the violence happened to the people at the publication.

I'm part French and believe we're all Charlie.

Do I need to be playing the Jeopardy theme?

The Jeopardy! music is still playing because no left winger here has the courage to attempt to answer the FIRST question of Earth climate change...

Why does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9+ times the ice of the other, the Arctic?

It's revenue neutral.

• I-732 will add a $25 per ton tax to polluting fossil fuels. This is equivalent to about a 25 cent increase per gallon of gasoline. Household electricity prices would go up about five percent.
  • I-732 returns the money polluters pay to everyone’s pocket by lowering other taxes:
    • Lowers the sales tax by one percentage point, saving the average family hundreds of dollars per year.

I didn't read the whole article.

I read the text of the initiative.

If my electric bills are going to go up 5 percent I have no problem with it.

My last electric bill, which was a 2 month billing cycle, was 27 dollars. My house is 3800 sq feet and I'm right on Puget Sound so we get the storms first and we always have lower temeratures because of it.

My electric bills are low enough to pay a surcharge on pollution. We're paying it anyway by having to clean up the mess so why not do it the cheaper way instead of the unhealthy and expensive way? I'll pay a little more to help prevent a child from having a disease like asthma because of pollution.

The only state nuttier than Oregon is just north of us.

That's just great that your taxpayer funded government check is so large you have excess cash to kick back to the kleptocrats...

A carbon tax, while welcome, is like handing out tea cups to passengers of the Titanic and telling them to bail water. It will help, but in the end it is an empty gesture.

All these things like a carbon tax will come to pass soon enough around the world but it's too late, the ship will sink, it is a mathematical certainty. The only thing humans can do is try to minimize the damage to something less than a human species ending event. It is already too late for tens of thousands of other species.

And how many people know the impact? That's exactly what wrong with the initiative process. The gullible shooting themselves in the foot.[/QUOTE

You've told me we are in the same state.

If that was true then you know that any negative impact will be minimal on us.

We don't get our energy from coal. Our one and only coal fired plant left in our state was started to be shutdown in 2005. I don't know the progress but that was more than a decade ago so it's probably very close to being done and we don't get any energy from coal.

What this initiative will do is get the coal trains out of our state. If it's too expensive for them to drag their dirty coal to ship to China from our state, they will go to another one. Meanwhile we no longer have the mess that coal train causes. A mess we have to clean up.

You should also know our state is one of the leaders of our nation in many areas including clean energy. We passed a law that requires a certain percentage of our energy comes from renewables and clean sources several years ago. This initiative will help speed up the process to renewable and clean energy sources while making those who pollute our environment clean up the mess they make.

It's a win/win situation.
What mess? Hauling coal creates pollution? I call bullshit. It's just a way to further harm the coal industry. Liberals will believe anything.

The railroad tracks go right along Puget Sound. You know this.

I live on Puget Sound. I see the mess the coal trains leave behind when they come through. Coal spilled all over the place. As they go down the tracks. You can go out to the tracks and see it laying all over the place. It has to be cleaned up and we pay for that clean up.

Plus when, not if, they have a spill we will have to clean that mess up too.

Goody for you. Your overall energy bills will go up, the poor will be freezing because they won't be able to pay for their heating bills and the wealthiest one percenters will be laughing all the way to the bank as the pollution will continue unabated and you morons will think you're doing a good thing.

It's revenue neutral.

I didn't read the whole article.

I read the text of the initiative.

My last electric bill, which was a 2 month billing cycle, was 27 dollars. My house is 3800 sq feet and I'm right on Puget Sound so we get the storms first and we always have lower temeratures because of it.

My electric bills are low enough to pay a surcharge on pollution. We're paying it anyway by having to clean up the mess so why not do it the cheaper way instead of the unhealthy and expensive way? I'll pay a little more to help prevent a child from having a disease like asthma because of pollution.
The dishonest bias in that article is that they take pains to tell you the dollar amount of how much you will "save" in sales tax, but utterly fail to mention the dollar amount you will pay in extra utility bills and gasoline.

A lie of omission that is a sure sign of a scam.

Forum List

Back