Carbon Tax Is Coming

My state will vote on an initiative that will impose a carbon tax on dirty fuel.

It will be the first carbon tax in the nation. As usual, those in my state lead the way for change.

My state has been a trend setting state for a long time. It will pass here and will be coming to your state in the future.

Full disclosure, I'm voting for that tax.

Nation’s First Carbon Tax, Initiative 732, Goes before Voters in Washington State | Business Wire

I canceled out your yes vote yesterday with my no vote :eusa_boohoo: go back to California and take your carbon tax with you.

My state will vote on an initiative that will impose a carbon tax on dirty fuel.

It will be the first carbon tax in the nation. As usual, those in my state lead the way for change.

My state has been a trend setting state for a long time. It will pass here and will be coming to your state in the future.

Nation’s First Carbon Tax, Initiative 732, Goes before Voters in Washington State | Business Wire
How does it feel knowing your state will be the first in making sure that Al Gore becomes a carbon credit billionaire ?
Contributing to his next fuel guzzling jet, his SUV fleet, and another carbon spewing mansion.

When you idiots pass this retarded law Gore will be laughing all the way to the bank. Oh and I hope you enjoy the rise in goods and services this will cause. It will hit the middle class and poor like a ton of bricks.

According to the link I provided, every penny taken from the filthy bastard murdering motherfucker polluters will be redistributed to Washingtonians.

At the same time, the sales tax and other taxes are going to be reduced.

This is the Washington liberals' idea of a "revenue neutral" measure.

Does anyone else see the giant flaw in this?

Yes we're doing what the conservatives in Utah are doing.

Helping homeless people have a home.

Plus helping those who are at risk to become homes not to become homeless.

There's a reason why we have a higher standard of living here and why so many people have flocked here to live.

If it passes, we'll have to deed the State back to the Indians withing 5 years

the ship will sink, it is a mathematical certainty.

LMFAO!!!

90% of Earth ice on Antarctica has added at least 80 billion tons of ice every year since Algore started lying...

http://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard/nasa-study-mass-gains-of-antarctic-ice-sheet-greater-than-losses

We are setting new records in the Atlantic for no-cane activity...

NOAA: Hurricane Drought Hits Record 118 Months

You have to be a GOD DAMNED FUCKING RETARDED MORON to fall for this. The oceans are actually dropping, not rising.

Why does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9+ times the ice of the other, the Arctic?

When you get the correct answer, you prove CO2 has nothing to do with Earth climate change.

The CO2 tax is just another grab by leftist big government kleptocrats, cashing in on another phony government sponsored scare with no teeth.

Q. Why does one Earth polar circle, the Antarctic, have 9+ times the ice of the other, the Arctic?

A. Polar bears...or something

If it passes, we'll have to deed the State back to the Indians withing 5 years

I'm leaving, the asshole liberals from California are taking over Washington state so I'm leaving and taking all my money with me and they can suck it.

If every penny of the carbon tax is redistributed to the citizens, and not to the government, and the sales tax and other taxes are lowered, someone please explain to me how that is revenue neutral.

Lower taxes, with no carbon tax money coming to the government, is not a revenue neutral proposition.

Liberal math. :rolleyes:

You are being scammed.

What about taxation on flatulence?
No
I like certain foods that would cause me to go broke.
although those around me might go for such a tax.
all part of the clean air initiative

Looks like theyre leading the way in stupidity and ignorance.

You tell me.

We started building one of the largest wind farms in the nation back in the 90s. It generated so much energy it overloaded the grid. So we voted to raise our taxes to build a new grid to handle all that new and extra energy. We add windmills all the time. Every time I drive through that area of the state, there's new windmills. We have several areas in my state that are the Saudi Arabia of wind.

We don't use coal.

We use water, wind, solar.

As a result I just paid my electric bill. It's a 2 month billing cycle so it's for August and September. That bill was 27 dollars.

We have the third lowest energy rates in the nation. Idaho and West Virginia have lower rates. One state is two tenths of a penny lower. The other state is one tenth of a penny lower.

We generate so much energy here we have surplus energy which we sell to neighboring states.

We have an environment that's not as damaged and dirty as a large portion of our nation.

We also have jobs, higher incomes and higher standard of living.
"Pollutants" Is a Biased Term for Byproducts

If you were allowed to think logically, you'd realize that what is called pollution kills the spread of mass-murdering epidemics. Acceptably polluted air is like driving down a road with a few pebbles on it here and there. But "clean" natural air is like driving down a street with dozens of rioters on the sidewalks throwing rocks at you.

According to the link I provided, every penny taken from the filthy bastard murdering motherfucker polluters will be redistributed to Washingtonians.

At the same time, the sales tax and other taxes are going to be reduced.

This is the Washington liberals' idea of a "revenue neutral" measure.

Does anyone else see the giant flaw in this?

Yes we're doing what the conservatives in Utah are doing.

Helping homeless people have a home.

Plus helping those who are at risk to become homes not to become homeless.

There's a reason why we have a higher standard of living here and why so many people have flocked here to live.
Hmmm, lots of homeless but we have a higher standard of living? Could it be no state income tax, which libs are trying hard to change? Many come up from California where your pet projects have made the cost of living, property and tax so high.

What taxes are they reducing to offset this new tax?

The article tells what taxes are decreased.

Sales tax will decrease. Taxes on certain manufacturing will decrease.

It's revenue neutral.
See if you can detect the dishonest bias in your article from this quote:

• I-732 will add a $25 per ton tax to polluting fossil fuels. This is equivalent to about a 25 cent increase per gallon of gasoline. Household electricity prices would go up about five percent.
  • I-732 returns the money polluters pay to everyone’s pocket by lowering other taxes:
    • Lowers the sales tax by one percentage point, saving the average family hundreds of dollars per year.
Do you see it? And I don't just mean the use of "polluters".

I didn't read the whole article.

I read the text of the initiative.

If my electric bills are going to go up 5 percent I have no problem with it.

My last electric bill, which was a 2 month billing cycle, was 27 dollars. My house is 3800 sq feet and I'm right on Puget Sound so we get the storms first and we always have lower temeratures because of it.

My electric bills are low enough to pay a surcharge on pollution. We're paying it anyway by having to clean up the mess so why not do it the cheaper way instead of the unhealthy and expensive way? I'll pay a little more to help prevent a child from having a disease like asthma because of pollution.
The dishonest bias in that article is that they take pains to tell you the dollar amount of how much you will "save" in sales tax, but utterly fail to mention the dollar amount you will pay in extra utility bills and gasoline.

A lie of omission that is a sure sign of a scam.

I will pay less in sales taxes which will off set the very minimal amount I might pay extra for the carbon tax.

I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again and haven't. I don't use as much gas as those with a regular car. So the increase for those like me will be less.

Which is the point. Encourage more people to be more environmentally responsible and get as many of those horribly stinky cars off the road.

Since I don't drive a regular gas car I've noticed how horrible regular cars smell. I hope more people have even more incentive to trade in their old gas guzzlers that harm our environment and get one that doesn't pollute as much.

I just went through the voter's pamphlet again. I didn't miss the so called 5% increase on a household on energy. You got that from the article. Which isn't in the financial declaration required by the law here. So I'm more inclined to believe that 5% increase in the article is supposition and not fact.

The tax isn't on energy that's created from non carbon sources such as water, wind and the sun. Which is how we generate energy here. Water is the largest percentage at 60%. The rest is renewables such as wind and sun. We have a law that requires the renewable energy so there's no energy that I know of that comes from fossil fuels here beyond the gas people put in their cars.

Idiot. All it does is kill jobs and redistribute wealth. No one in this country benefits but business with overseas interests.

It's revenue neutral.

• I-732 will add a $25 per ton tax to polluting fossil fuels. This is equivalent to about a 25 cent increase per gallon of gasoline. Household electricity prices would go up about five percent.
  • I-732 returns the money polluters pay to everyone’s pocket by lowering other taxes:
    • Lowers the sales tax by one percentage point, saving the average family hundreds of dollars per year.

My last electric bill, which was a 2 month billing cycle, was 27 dollars. My house is 3800 sq feet and I'm right on Puget Sound so we get the storms first and we always have lower temeratures because of it.

My electric bills are low enough to pay a surcharge on pollution. We're paying it anyway by having to clean up the mess so why not do it the cheaper way instead of the unhealthy and expensive way? I'll pay a little more to help prevent a child from having a disease like asthma because of pollution.
The dishonest bias in that article is that they take pains to tell you the dollar amount of how much you will "save" in sales tax, but utterly fail to mention the dollar amount you will pay in extra utility bills and gasoline.

I will pay less in sales taxes which will off set the very minimal amount I might pay extra for the carbon tax.

I decided in 2001 to never buy a regular gas car again and haven't. I don't use as much gas as those with a regular car. So the increase for those like me will be less.

Which is the point. Encourage more people to be more environmentally responsible and get as many of those horribly stinky cars off the road.

Since I don't drive a regular gas car I've noticed how horrible regular cars smell. I hope more people have even more incentive to trade in their old gas guzzlers that harm our environment and get one that doesn't pollute as much.

I just went through the voter's pamphlet again. I didn't miss the so called 5% increase on a household on energy. You got that from the article. Which isn't in the financial declaration required by the law here. So I'm more inclined to believe that 5% increase in the article is supposition and not fact.

The tax isn't on energy that's created from non carbon sources such as water, wind and the sun. Which is how we generate energy here. Water is the largest percentage at 60%. The rest is renewables such as wind and sun. We have a law that requires the renewable energy so there's no energy that I know of that comes from fossil fuels here beyond the gas people put in their cars.

Typical brain dead progressive. Who do you think brings your food to your markets? Hmmm, smarty pants? Trucks. Big trucks that burn fuel. You will be paying more for EVERYTHING you moron. That's how carbon taxes work. And, they do nothing to actually combat pollution. Go ahead, find a link to a site that shows how carbon taxes actually reduce pollution. I dare you. The polluters merely pass the fee's on to the peons and continue to pollute the same as before.

Care to know who invented the carbon tax? Here's a hint...he was the CEO of ENRON.

Go ahead and look them up.

It's revenue neutral.

Almost nothing from wind or solar, you are quite full of it. Most is from dams but 10% from coal and 4% nuclear. We would have more if it wasn't for the halfwits shutting down the Satsop and Kelso plants.

Nuclear Energy in Washington - CASEnergy Coalition
Nuclear energy is a vital part of America’s energy portfolio. Nuclear energy already provides about 20 percent of the country’s electricity, and Washington’s Columbia facility generates 4 percent of the state’s electricity.

Demand for energy is expected to grow in Washington and across the United States, as much as 28 percent by 2040 in the U.S. In order to meet future electricity demands, the United States will need to embrace a broad portfolio of American-produced energy solutions, and nuclear energy must be a part of that mix.

And those people who freeze to death in the winter and die from the heat in the summer because they can't afford air conditioning and heat...thank you...of course morons like you hate people...so their deaths will mean nothing to you....

The average electric bill in Washington is $1056 a year. So this carbon tax would add about $53 to each home's bills each year.

The average household uses 1,011 gallons of gas each year. So that is an additional $269.25 per household a year.

This is what the dishonestly biased article in the OP kept from you. The "hundreds" they claimed you would save on sales taxes are wiped out by higher electric and fuel bills.

And the "revenue neutral" bill would increase the already historical deficits.

Stop polluting your brains with so much dope up there. It's bad for the environment.

Forum List

Back