CARandDRIVER: The Cheapest Electric Cars for 2023 (27K-42K)

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006
We've seen several Climate Denier ALARMIST threads on on the cost of EVs, batteries, repairs etc.
Well, here are some real numbers from CARandDRIVER Mag.
I think even Tesla has cut it's cheapest models the 40s

The Cheapest Electric Cars for 2023

Looking to buy an electric vehicle, but don't want to break the bank?
Then check out these inexpensive EVs.
PUBLISHED: MAR 13, 2023

• 10. 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5—$42,785
  • 9. Hyundai Ioniq 6— $42,715
  • 8. 2023 Kia Niro EV—$40,875
  • 7. 2023 Volkswagen ID.4—$40,290
  • 6. 2023 Mazda MX-30—$35,385
  • 5. 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric—$34,885
  • 4. 2023 Mini Cooper SE Hardtop—$30,895
  • 3. 2023 Nissan Leaf—$29,135
  • 2. 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV—$28,795
  • 1. 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EV—$27,495

`

Ooops:​

The cheapest Tesla now costs less than $40,000​

Apr 19, 2023
Ooops, just checked latest Tesla Cut.

• Tesla's entry-level Model 3 sedan now costs $39,990 after the company's latest price cut.

Really? When Biden kills off the western entire fossil fuel industry, HOW are you gonna charge your your Tesla? With a fleeting and unreliable sources like wind and solar? China meanwhile, doesn't give a rats ass about the environment an builds record numbers of coal burning plants and ignores western environmentalist. And the contribute like 85% pollution. And dumping 90% of plastic into the ocean. Plastic straws up turtle's noses, China doesn't care. Stop enabling China with this faux environmental garbage.

Really? When Biden kills off the western entire fossil fuel industry, HOW are you gonna charge your your Tesla? With a fleeting and unreliable sources like wind and solar? China meanwhile, doesn't give a rats ass about the environment an builds record numbers of coal burning plants and ignores western environmentalist. And the contribute like 85% pollution. But dumping p[lasic into the ocean. Plastic straws up turtle's noses, China doesn't care.
But he can feels all righteous and that's more important than reality

The magic numbers are 250 mile range, $35 grand, 30 minutes to charge from 10-80% at a public charging station. Until those metrics are met, EV's will be a niche market.

Thus far, the stories of 5 year battery life and $15k replacement costs are anecdotal and generally false.

The magic numbers are 250 mile range, $35 grand, 30 minutes to charge from 10-80% at a public charging station. Until those metrics are met, EV's will be a niche market.

Thus far, the stories of 5 year battery life and $15k replacement costs are anecdotal and generally false.

Nice looking too:​

""8. 2023 Kia Niro EV Wind—$40,875​

2023 kia niro ev
KIA

• Car and Driver rating: 8/10
  • EPA-rated driving range: 253 miles
Those determined to own the cheapest Kia electric vehicle will want to take a look at the Niro EV, which stickers for $40,875 in entry-level Wind guise. The Niro EV has a front-mounted 201-hp electric motor and a 64.8-kWh pack that affords it an EPA-estimated range of up to 253 miles.
Besides its ability to accelerate to 60 mph in just 6.7 seconds, the Niro EV Wind also comes standard with niceties such as a 10.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, in-dash navigation, and a proximity key.

`

• 10. 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5—$42,785
  • 9. Hyundai Ioniq 6— $42,715
  • 8. 2023 Kia Niro EV—$40,875
  • 7. 2023 Volkswagen ID.4—$40,290
  • 6. 2023 Mazda MX-30—$35,385
  • 5. 2023 Hyundai Kona Electric—$34,885
  • 4. 2023 Mini Cooper SE Hardtop—$30,895
  • 3. 2023 Nissan Leaf—$29,135
  • 2. 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV—$28,795
  • 1. 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EV—$27,495

So, basically, paying $30,000-$40,000 for a little tin can shit box death trap to squeeze into when for 1/10th that price, you can get yourself a gracious, comfortable, feature packed midsize luxury internal combustion in great shape with power out the ass which is very cheap to maintain and operate.

I'll pass on an EV.

When everyone is driving EVs and it is working out just great with most people thrilled with buying them delighted with the new "electric" car craze, I'll consider buying a USED one (with new battery of course).

Cool. Get a "cheap" EV so you can drive 100 milles and charge, drive 100 miles and charge, drive a hundred miles and charge. Then spend $15 grand to replace the shitty battery, if it doesn't catch on fire.

Hey, you can go to a restaurant and get a meal to kill that hour while you wait to charge up!!! You'll eventually get there someday! :lmao:

2023 kia niro ev
KIA

Those determined to own the cheapest Kia electric vehicle will want to take a look at the Niro EV, which stickers for $40,875 in entry-level Wind guise. The Niro EV has a front-mounted 201-hp electric motor and a 64.8-kWh pack that affords it an EPA-estimated range of up to 253 miles.
Besides its ability to accelerate to 60 mph in just 6.7 seconds, the Niro EV Wind also comes standard with niceties such as a 10.3-inch touchscreen infotainment system, in-dash navigation, and a proximity key.

`
No one is stopping you from buying one.

Why do you wish to force others to buy a product that may not fit their own preferences?

No one is stopping you from buying one.

Why do you wish to force others to buy a product that may not fit their own preferences?
WTF.
You have been an Obnoxious Crackpot throughout the thread (5!), obsessively bashing EVs.
The post was as much informational as anything else, and certainly NOT "to FORCE Others." WTF!
Precisely the Alarmist we see here. Just like SkookerASSbil's two Identical threads near the top.

ie, Many people will probably buy/are probably buying them as second cars, mainly for daily usage. The ranges are plenty good to shop, dine, visit friends.. and do that for a few days without a charge. I put very little mileage on my car, maybe once a year (maybe not) more than 200 miles in a day.

And no one is making better/more economical use than me.
I drive a 2006 Toyota Highlander (6c, AWD) with only 76,000 miles, mostly as a City user and driving out to the beach for the weekend. Now live on the beach in S Fl and barely have to go anywhere but for a seasonal trip to to avoid hurricane season.. oft by plane back North. Probably a few Million of us seasonals in this state alone. Many ship their cars back and forth when they fly.
I could easily get an electric for my needs but love my old Highlander.
Perhaps the next car. We'll see.

PS: EV sales doubled in 2022.
`

Last edited:
WTF.
You have been an Obnoxious Crackpot throughout the thread (5!), obsessively bashing EVs.
The post was as much informational as anything else, and certainly NOT "to FORCE Others." WTF!

ie, Many people will probably buy/are probably buying them as second cars, mainly to daily usage. The ranges are plenty good to shop, dine, visit friends.. and do that for a few days without a charge. I put very little mileage on my car, maybe once a year (maybe not) more than 200 miles in a day.

And no one is making better/more economical use than me.
I drive a 2006 Toyota Highlander (6c, AWD) with only 76,000 miles, mostly as a City user and driving out to the beach for the weekend. Now live on the beach in S Fl and barely have to go anywhere but for a seasonal trip to to avoid hurricane season.. by plane back north. Probably a few Million of us seasonals in this state alone.
I could easily get an electric for my needs but love my old Highlander.
Perhaps the next car. We'll see.
`
`
You are one to talk of being obnoxious as you swing your red thumbs at anyone who doesn't jump on your green bandwagon.
Ironic that you don't even own one.
Short of the subsidies I said nothing negative about EVs. Just that they didn't fit my preferences or lifestyle, but you felt the overwhelming need to swing your negs around as usual.

2023 kia niro ev
KIA

`

I suggest you buy one and give us a driver's report.

You are one to talk of being obnoxious as you swing your red thumbs at anyone who doesn't jump on your green bandwagon.
Ironic that you don't even own one.
Short of the subsidies I said nothing negative about EVs. Just that they didn't fit my preferences or lifestyle, but you felt the overwhelming need to swing your negs around as usual.
If you have a specific case you would like to discuss in this section ("green bandwagon")... I'm in.
But please search first as I'm sure it's already been elucidated by me and Not refuted by you... since you noted my position but, as I recall made your usual frivolous one-line replies as you have no knowledge of the AGW topic. (I tried to cover all the Pillar issues as thread starts. Many still on the first two pages)
take care. Or try me. bye

Forum List

Back