Car Tabs

I'm seeing a lot of expired tabs on the road.....some 2 yrs in arears. Is it the covid, lack of policing....or something else. If I were a cop could spend all day writing tab tickets.
Here in VA, Governor Babykiller Blackface Northam issued an order allowing people to let their licenses, tags, and inspections lapse as a result of the COVID plandemic. I think it was only for about 90 days, but it may have been extended, possibly more than once. Commerical driver's license extensions are still in place until May 31 for everyone's whose expire before then.

[Boring links:]

I suppose other governors did similar, so that may have something to do with what you are witnessing.

I don't pay attention to other people's tags, but I have been asked by a colleague if I had noticed how many people are driving around with expired tags here.

I must admit that I don't see nearly as much traffic enforcement by police around here these days, not that it was ever really needed anyway. Roads are pretty safe around here. But I wonder if all the anti-police and defunding of police coverage has driven this anecdotal observation of mine. Who wants to pull someone over and get accused of racial profiling and have a long argument about that? So this possible reduced enforcement, along with people simply not caring anymore in this age of COVID, might also have something to do with it.

Forum List

Back