Caption please

Discussion in 'Politics' started by MtnBiker, Dec 9, 2003.

1. jon_forward

jon_forward Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    my, the natives are restless...and touchy tooo.... good thing we are just pokin fun at the 9 lil indians

2. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    One big difference, none of them are our current President !

;)

3. jon_forward

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Or will ever be OUR president!!!!

4. eric

eric Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    There is a god !

5. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Don't disparage my native american ancestors by grouping those candidates with them

so criticism of the current president shouldn't be allowed?

6. dijetlo

dijetlo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ah ah, ah, my conservative zealot friend, not so fast. The office doesn't protect the candidate, that is an underpinning of democracy. As for god picking GWB, then I guess he picked Bill Clinton too. Who says God doesn't have a sense of humor, huh? I don't incurr the diety in political disputes, since I may have to answer for it later.

7. jon_forward

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5
    no harm meant Dk:rolleyes:

8. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Can you please show me where the word "hate" was used before your entry in the thread.

I'll be waiting.

Thanks!

9. dijetlo

dijetlo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I think the off hand way all the candidates are routinely derided would qualify.

You guys see it as amusing. People who don't like Bush see making similar references to GWB amusing as well, but when they do it they are accused of hating GWB, and for reasons I have never seen explained, told that it is wrong to campaign on your opponents negatives. None of you guys popped up and said "I hate Dennis Kucinech", but your loathing comes through just the same.
    I don't want you guys to stop posting this stuff, it is a free country, your having fun, I didn't mean to stop you. It is just that we had a recent debate about campaigning on hate, where you, Jim made a strong argument about negative campaigning, going so far as to suggest the "Anybody but Bush" people are doing thier candidates and the country a disservice. (If I am mistakenly attributing it to you, my apologese). This type of discussion is part of politics and allways has been, it has been indulged in by both parties, your indulging in it now.

Hey MB, I don't often make fun of politicians, though now that I have your permission, I may try it out an see how I like it ::p:
    I call republicans repubs because the 3 letter abbrevaition is rep. . It gets confusing since a congressmans name is preceded by the abbreviation Rep. so I use repub instead. (Is he saying Representative Denny Haskert, or Republican Representative Denny Haskert?) I would say repub rep Haskert. I didn't think Repub was a derogatory term, if you feel it is I'll be happy to change it. I use Dem more than democrat for the same reason, it is shorter.

10. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Off handed comments do not even come close to "hate". Not wanting someone to be the leader of your country does not equal hate. Nice spin though!

No, when people have a gathering called "Hate Bush", then they get accused of hating GWB.

Anybody but Bush? I'll just accept your apology and leave it at that. :)