who is Dean?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by fasttalker1, Dec 9, 2003.

1. fasttalker1

fasttalker1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I like to call him "Dictator Dean," and I often refer to his "Midnight Legislation." He does not listen to the people. I would love to see another Vermonter in the White House, but not Dean.
    When the civil union proposal was put forth, there were public meetings. My position on that issue is irrelevent, the overwhelming public response was negative. Dean just said "silly Vermonters, you don't know what you want or need. Don't worry, I know what is best, and I will do that." And he did.
    He singlehandedly changed State subdivision regulations, even after the environmental board did what he decreed and changed the subdivision rules. The new rules didn't meet with his approval, and he enacted his own over their heads. Must be they were already written, because the 80- 90 page document was ready for enactment that day, shocking the real estate world in Vermont, and with no warning.
    He also forced a needle exchange facility into a community that did not want it. Concerned parents and locals had no voice with Dictator Dean.
    Even during his governorship, he was eyeing the White House, and was laying a path for that.
    Dean does not work for the people, he does not hear what they say, and he does not hold himself accountable to them.
    I have been suprised that his candidacy is beign taken seriously, and I fear the fallout that would result should he become president.
    I say make your vote count while it can, do not let Dean make it to the Whitehouse!

2. dijetlo

dijetlo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the board Fasttalker. Enjoying your posts.
    I would call Howard Dean, HD, since it is bias nuetral. Just my suggestion.
    Do you have a link that shows Vermonters to be overwhelmingly anti-gay marriage?
    Do you have a link to information on the change in subdivision rules? Apparently it shocked the real estate world in Vermont, do you work in real estate in Vermont, or you just have an affinity for realtors ?
    As far as forcing a needle exchange program on a community that didn't want it, my first question would be is the program being used ? If it is, the program is helping to stem the growth of a deadly communicable disease and was in the interest of the public health of this community to put it there.

More needle exchange programs, gay marriage and unpredictable regulation of subdivisions across the land. Surely armegedon will follow...;)
    Save your ammo, he aint even the nominee yet.

3. Psychoblues

Psychoblues Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +143
    I'll take Dean!!!!!! I would've considered Chuck Hagel but he ain't running!!!!!!!!!

4. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    I think your tinfoil hat is pressing too hard against your brain.

5. Sevendogs

Sevendogs Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    :) We may replace one evil president with another one, but any other may be better then Bush. Perpahs, Dean is not a good choice, but he is still better then Bush.

6. jimnyc

jimnyc ...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +246
    Why don't you tell us 'exactly' why you feel Dean is better than Bush. Can you do that? Or are you going to continue talking your garbage (and yes, when you refuse to backup your statements, they are garbage)?

7. Phythian

Phythian Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Great point jimnyc. The Dems only complain about matters and tell you what others are doing wrong (even when it works, ie. tax cuts=stimulation=growth). They never have a detailed game plan or answers as to how they plan to correct something. They make absurd comments and are not held accountable for them. Most of the time you don't get a straight answer from them. When they give one, and it seems to upset ANYONE, they start making excuses and claim "it was taken out of context". They can't give a straight answer because the Democratic Party has no direction or true leadership.

8. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    JimmyC, they don't need a reason. That the election was 'stolen' seems to be enough of a reason for the base of the democratic party. Forget that the constitutional process was followed. Forget that Bush has exceeded all expectations, certainly post 9/11.

9. acludem

acludem VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +69
    Bush has only met my expecations, which means he's been a complete failure. He and his administration have been nothing short of disastrous for the American people.

I have yet to decide on a candidate in the Democratic primary, but any of them, short of Al Sharpton, would be a better President than Bush, and between Bush and Sharpton it's a toss-up.

10. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    and you are one of those of whom I spoke. Good thing for all of us this is a free country.