Capitol Police officer who shot Ashli Babbit had history of negligence with his firearm

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas

Capitol Police weapon left unattended in Capitol bathroom, again​

Latest incident recalls rash of similar ones in 2015​

A U.S. Capitol Police lieutenant left his service weapon in a bathroom Monday night and the unattended gun was discovered later by another Capitol Police officer.

After the House adjourned on Monday, Lt. Mike Byrd left his Glock 22 in a bathroom in the Capitol Visitor Center complex, according to sources familiar with the incident. Byrd is the commander of the House Chambers section of the Capitol Police and was on the job Tuesday and Wednesday.

Byrd addressed the incident at Tuesday morning’s officer roll call and, according to sources, told fellow officers that he “will be treated differently” because of his rank as a lieutenant. It was not clear what exactly the lieutenant meant by the comment.

Unlike a gun with a traditional safety, a Glock will fire if the trigger is pulled — making the discovery of an unattended gun in the Capitol complex particularly concerning.

Capitol Police said a service weapon was discovered “during a routine security sweep” Monday. Once the weapon was secured, the department began an immediate investigation into the matter, according to Capitol Police spokeswoman Eva Malecki.

Why was his gun even unholstered in the bathroom? Was he looking in the mirror pointing it and saying "Go ahead, Trumper. Make my day."

Democrats pick strange people for their heroes.

A U.S. Capitol Police lieutenant left his service weapon in a bathroom Monday night and the unattended gun was discovered later by another Capitol Police officer.

After the House adjourned on Monday, Lt. Mike Byrd left his Glock 22 in a bathroom in the Capitol Visitor Center complex, according to sources familiar with the incident. Byrd is the commander of the House Chambers section of the Capitol Police and was on the job Tuesday and Wednesday.

Byrd addressed the incident at Tuesday morning’s officer roll call and, according to sources, told fellow officers that he “will be treated differently” because of his rank as a lieutenant. It was not clear what exactly the lieutenant meant by the comment.

Unlike a gun with a traditional safety, a Glock will fire if the trigger is pulled — making the discovery of an unattended gun in the Capitol complex particularly concerning.

Capitol Police said a service weapon was discovered “during a routine security sweep” Monday. Once the weapon was secured, the department began an immediate investigation into the matter, according to Capitol Police spokeswoman Eva Malecki.

Why was his gun even unholstered in the bathroom? Was he looking in the mirror pointing it and saying "Go ahead, Trumper. Make my day."

We need more good men like him

thank you

My everyday carry is a Glock. Whoever wrote this story knows nothing about a safety. The concern is it being out of a holster. If there is any truth at all to this story.

you wouldn't know good if it bit you in the ass.

The attack on Norris is an example of erratic and sometimes threatening behavior by Babbitt, who was shot by a police officer while at the vanguard of the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol. Former President Donald Trump and his supporters have sought to portray her as a righteous martyr who was unjustly killed.

Officer Byrd should have immediately been relieved of his duties upon seeing the video of him shooting an unarmed woman posing no eminent threat to him or anyone else.

The attack on Norris is an example of erratic and sometimes threatening behavior by Babbitt, who was shot by a police officer while at the vanguard of the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol. Former President Donald Trump and his supporters have sought to portray her as a righteous martyr who was unjustly killed.

From what I have seen the police demonstrated amazing discipline and self control. Somebody hits me with a flag pole or fire extinguisher and don't knock me out, or tries to over run my position by numbers of insurgents get shot. Boom.

Can you imagine if Byrd had been white and Babbitt had been black how differently the crazy racist left wing Democrats would be reacting to the shooting?
Or what if it really was ANTIFA. There would be hundreds of dead black guys disguised as old white Trumpster guys dead everywhere. What if...

Forum List

Back