Capitalism without competition is not capitalism

You need government to eliminate competition.

If your opponent is doing much better than you are, you don't have to compete with them. Just buy them and then have them give the same crappy service your company does. The Public won't be the wiser.

Money can only get you so far. To really get one over on them, you have to get in bed with government. Then you can regulate your competitors into the ground.

welcome to reality you're living with crony capitalism
theirs still a lot of micro to large independents out there ...from service to machine shops ...use em

competition indeed breeds innovation

For all you self proclaimed Capitalists, there is something to think about.

We simply need to raise the minimum wage until everything is fine and wonderful.

In the 80s, I was stationed at Ellsworth, SD. We hadn't had a raise in military pay for 3 years. So to make it up to us, we got a whopping 12% pay raise that year. We were elated. That's the good news.

Now for the bad news. Food went up 12%, utilities went up 12%, Gasoline went up 12% and so on. And I found myself 3 tax levels higher paying higher taxes. In the end, I lost money. They could have kept that raise and I would have been better off. And the Civilians didn't get that 12% raise but they got nailed for that 12%.

Just raising the Min Wage doesn't accomplish a thing. What happens is, the greed factor kicks in and the Rich want that increase for themselves. If you get a min raise from 10 to 15 bucks, the cost of living will go up about 30% and you are now in a higher tax bracket and actually lose money. And what about that poor fool that is making 16 bucks an hour already that doesn't get any raises? He is now paying 30% more for his cost of living as well. Everyone just got poorer while the Rich just got richer.

Unless you do something about the Greed Factor, just raising the Min Wage just doesn't work. And that's another discussion entirely.

welcome to reality you're living with crony capitalism
theirs still a lot of micro to large independents out there ...from service to machine shops ...use em

competition indeed breeds innovation

Until you start getting competitive. At that point, all hell breaks loose. Big Corporations hate competition and will do whatever is necessary to get rid of it including either ruining your business to offering you many times the worth of your business to get you out of the picture. Unless you actually ARE a competitor, you are a nothing or at least as close to nothing as possible.

Yes it is. It is even end stage capitalism and the beginning of a new feudal period that not many will survive.
Every capitalist knows that the worst case scenario is not disasters and wars but competition.

She needs to read up on the myth of government. Government can't promote competition - it can only inhibit it. It's the reason the markets are dominated by huge corporation.

Last edited:

We simply need to raise the minimum wage until everything is fine and wonderful.

In the 80s, I was stationed at Ellsworth, SD. We hadn't had a raise in military pay for 3 years. So to make it up to us, we got a whopping 12% pay raise that year. We were elated. That's the good news.

Now for the bad news. Food went up 12%, utilities went up 12%, Gasoline went up 12% and so on. And I found myself 3 tax levels higher paying higher taxes. In the end, I lost money. They could have kept that raise and I would have been better off. And the Civilians didn't get that 12% raise but they got nailed for that 12%.

Just raising the Min Wage doesn't accomplish a thing. What happens is, the greed factor kicks in and the Rich want that increase for themselves. If you get a min raise from 10 to 15 bucks, the cost of living will go up about 30% and you are now in a higher tax bracket and actually lose money. And what about that poor fool that is making 16 bucks an hour already that doesn't get any raises? He is now paying 30% more for his cost of living as well. Everyone just got poorer while the Rich just got richer.

Unless you do something about the Greed Factor, just raising the Min Wage just doesn't work. And that's another discussion entirely.

There is no explanation for a twelve percent increase across the board. Labor is seperate from goods and services for the military. Maybe you simply, miscalculated. It seems to be a common right wing misunderstanding of economics.

I have mixed feelings about the competition thing. Some form of a patent office IS necessary. We have these global one world government folks trying to force China to follow our laws and I guess the U.S. to follow the U.N.'s or something though. I dunno. Maybe trade patent protection for non tariffed trade.

I'm big on anti-merger laws. Hell, corporations are big government created entities. If no corporation could buy another I wouldn't mind. Ppl can't buy eachother.

Gina DOES have to follow our copyright and trademark laws. It is about protecting the intellectual property of the creator.

If they don’t like the rules, let them create things on their own

I have mixed feelings about the competition thing. Some form of a patent office IS necessary. We have these global one world government folks trying to force China to follow our laws and I guess the U.S. to follow the U.N.'s or something though. I dunno. Maybe trade patent protection for non tariffed trade.

I'm big on anti-merger laws. Hell, corporations are big government created entities. If no corporation could buy another I wouldn't mind. Ppl can't buy eachother.

Gina DOES have to follow our copyright and trademark laws. It is about protecting the intellectual property of the creator.

If they don’t like the rules, let them create things on their own

So do we have to follow their rules? That sounds pretty one world government of you.

Correct, what the US has now is called crony capitalism. The wealthy buy politicians to pass laws that put their competitors out of business. Eventually, the only competition they have left is the middle class, and they need to disarm them so that they can make them the slaves they want us to be.

Baseless, delusional lunacy – no one seeks to ‘disarm’ anyone.

There is no explanation for a twelve percent increase across the board. Labor is seperate from goods and services for the military. Maybe you simply, miscalculated. It seems to be a common right wing misunderstanding of economics.

No miscalculation involved. The question for the 12% increase in cost of living happening exactly at the same time as we received our 12% increase was asked. Their answer was, they had planned on it all along. They assumed that their answer would be accepted and they were right. Everyone in power just blindly accepted it since they also got their cut. The Working class was sent deeper into the abyss. If you think this was a coincidence then you are either in on it or dumber than a box of rocks.

Correct, what the US has now is called crony capitalism. The wealthy buy politicians to pass laws that put their competitors out of business. Eventually, the only competition they have left is the middle class, and they need to disarm them so that they can make them the slaves they want us to be.

There are many other ways to disarm the citizens than by taking their guns. You can also take their will which is even worse. And that seems to be the norm of today.

In a word...bullshit. That is the ultimate goal. Every now and then one of them lets the cat out of the bag, but all of this incremental gun control has one final goal and that is the confiscation of all guns from those the elite deem unworthy.

In a word...bullshit. That is the ultimate goal. Every now and then one of them lets the cat out of the bag, but all of this incremental gun control has one final goal and that is the confiscation of all guns from those the elite deem unworthy.

Eastfloor, we ain't buying it anymore. This BS isn't keeping more and more states, counties and townships from passing various gun regs (usually just universal background checks). Since I support Universal Background Checks with no waiting that I want to seize all your guns? You may be right but only if you can't pass a simple background check. Or you think we all want to confiscate your guns since we don't let you open carry in a Bar around a Drunk (mainly you) which was already tried and a lot of drunks ended up shooting each other dead along with innocents as they drove insane weaving home shooting at other drives. If you support no gun regulations in these places then maybe you should not have any guns. But the rest of us will continue on with our common sense gun regulations and keep ours.

So keep spewing this BS. It doesn't work anymore and makes you look foolish. Hell, it's not even a good bumper sticker anymore.

Sometimes government can be the competition.

People who can’t afford private school go to public.

Maybe people who can’t afford healthcare should have a public option?

That might keep the insurance giants in check. People who can’t afford their rates will join the government system.

And you can only go to public healthcare facilities just like I can only go free to public schools. I don’t get to take the public money and go to private school.

The video in the OP is one giant Post hoc ergo propter hoc fallacy. The driver isn't the relaxing of laws related to mergers and acquisitions. It is because of IRA's, 401K's have added immense pressure on publicly traded companies to force growth by any means possible.

Sometimes government can be the competition.

People who can’t afford private school go to public.

Maybe people who can’t afford healthcare should have a public option?

That might keep the insurance giants in check. People who can’t afford their rates will join the government system.

I agree. One of the least cost and most effective health care is Clinics. Make it where it's part of the Residency program for nurses, CNAs and Doctors that have been signed off by MDs with a Hospital Oversight. Some Residents may elect to stay even after they get their full blown Medical Certificate, who knows. Right now, there are Clinics that exist but they are Non Profits. But there just aren't enough of them. And from what I see around here (we have one) the Medical Service is below par since they only receive donations and whatever money they take in on the percentage basis of income of their clients.

To give you an idea, at a Dental Clinic, it would cost more for me to use that due to them needing funds on the percentage of income than I pay at a regular Dentist. I have dental insurance and that is something they are not really equipped to handle that well. My income level would be paying from someone with no dental insurance and poverty income. And, the Dental Clinic will be more prone to just pull the tooth than try and fix it since pulling is the cheapest way in the short run and long run. Put the Clinic under the watchful eye of the Local Dental Association and fund them from the Government with a salary cap and require them to give the same service as every other Dental Offices. And create a couple more of them to handle the overflow.

How do you pay for these Dental Clinics? Even Dental Offices will not turn away anyone with severe tooth or gum pain. Chances are, they will take the easy way out and go for extraction instead of Root Canal just like the non profit Dental Clinic will. But extraction will get rid of the pain for good. The Dental Office will have to absorb the cost of that extraction though. Just figure out the amount of money that the Dental Offices are spending on these free services and spend it on the new Dental Clinics and you should have money left over. Plus, you can get the root canal at the Dental Clinic instead of the Extraction for people below the income cutoff.

The same goes for the Medical Clinics. Like the Dental Clinics, preventive medicine will save a ton of money in the long run for the medical community. And it would put a screeching halt to using Emergency Rooms for illnesses that started out as minor if taken care of early that turned into full blown life threatening events. The Hospitals ends up saving money since their emergency rooms are now being used for real emergencies instead of free health care. Take some of that money and channel it to the Medical Clinics.

If you get a chance, watch Becker Reruns to get an idea what a Dr. Clinic should look like.

Forum List

Back