Cape Cod

D

Dis

Now that it's been decided for sure that's where I want to spend my bday, any suggestions on what to do, not to do, how to best get around, foods to try, those to avoid, etc? Will likely leave on Tuesday, some back on Saturday...

I haven't been to the Cape in years but I hear that traffic getting down there isn't so bad now that they got rid of the rotary at the Bourne Bridge.

All in all though its a nice place, lots of sandy beaches, restaurants, and bars. There's lots of cheesy tourists things to do too like mini-golf. Wellfleet has a drive-in movie theater. P-Town is about a as gay as San Fransisco.

I haven't been to the Cape in years but I hear that traffic getting down there isn't so bad now that they got rid of the rotary at the Bourne Bridge.

All in all though its a nice place, lots of sandy beaches, restaurants, and bars. There's lots of cheesy tourists things to do too like mini-golf. Wellfleet has a drive-in movie theater. P-Town is about a as gay as San Fransisco.

I can suck at mini-golf here.. I don't need to pay extra to suck at it there. :D

Those rotaries are maddening if you don't stay aggressive. My sister told me a story about a woman who got in one and couldn't get out. She just kept driving in circles and crying.

Those rotaries are maddening if you don't stay aggressive. My sister told me a story about a woman who got in one and couldn't get out. She just kept driving in circles and crying.

Hey kids Big Ben! Parliament!

Mews Restaurant, Provincetown. www.mews.com

Good food. Good drinks.

Try the Black Orchid Martini: Blavod black vodka, Chambord, and a splash of cranberry.

Mews Restaurant, Provincetown. www.mews.com

Good food. Good drinks.

Try the Black Orchid Martini: Blavod black vodka, Chambord, and a splash of cranberry.

If it's anything like the Black Orchid ice cream drink MJ Stevens makes out here, I'm in!

Now that it's been decided for sure that's where I want to spend my bday, any suggestions on what to do, not to do, how to best get around, foods to try, those to avoid, etc? Will likely leave on Tuesday, some back on Saturday...

Stay or go to the beach on the ocean side, not the bay side. I like the entire outer forearm (if you think of Chatham as the elbow) it's ALL gorgeous, and there are bike trails too.

My favorite is Race Point Beach.

Cape Cod Beaches for Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket | CapeGuide.com

Cape Cod Transportation: Cape Cod Travel Tips and Transportation Providers

Oh and as far as food goes, you must have lobstah of course, and steamers! (clams) :D

this is an excellent place for a birthday dinner, really good service, great food. we usually go there on our anniversary which coincidentally is in august...

Chillingsworth: 2008 Sample Dinner Menu

what do you like to do? birdwatch? bike? beach?
nantucket's a good day trip as is the vineyard but i think it gets old after a day.. nauset beach is great as is coast guard beach. sunset at skaket beach in orleans is beautiful. baxter's in hyannis is a good place for lunch and it's close to the ferry for nantucket. if you do go to nantucket, take the high speed ferry and save 3 hours.

this is an excellent place for a birthday dinner, really good service, great food. we usually go there on our anniversary which coincidentally is in august...

nantucket's a good day trip as is the vineyard but i think it gets old after a day.. nauset beach is great as is coast guard beach. sunset at skaket beach in orleans is beautiful. baxter's in hyannis is a good place for lunch and it's close to the ferry for nantucket. if you do go to nantucket, take the high speed ferry and save 3 hours.

Oh good grief, that menu looks absolutely delish! I start getting hungry around this time of day anyway.

Oh my. Everything except for the lamb and duck sounds yummy. I'd eat there in a heartbeat.

Gonna zip over to Salem first, I think.. I want to see the witch museum. :)

Ok.. I just got around to seeing the prices for the menu Del posted.. $80 a plate? LMAO.

Dude.. You going to make the first deposit into my paypal account?

While not opposed to paying for a nice meal, $200 for a single dinner... A couple of those and that's going to cut into my shopping funds. :evil:

Forum List

Back