Can't collect rain water?!?

If you simply wanted to inform you would have linked to a purely informational webpage, not some hack opinion piece designed to stir up the ignorant over a non-issue.

Find me a purely informational webpage on the subject and I'll link to it, okay?

Water right - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:lol: Well, I did ask for it. How about one that I can read and understand....one that actually explicitly explains the laws in Washington and Oregon regarding the collection of rainwater.

My city charges us a tax on the amount of rain water run-off they calculate for each property.

But collecting rain? Most of which would have evaporated anyways if not collected?

LOL! Oh my god you are fucking retarded. WHERE THE FUCK DO YOU THINK RIVERS AND STREAMS COME FROM YOU FUCKING DUMBASS?

How can you be so passionate against this stupid shit? Tha fuck is wrong with you

How can I be so passionate against your stupidity? Your suggestion that most rainwater simply evaporates rather than going to form the multitude of streams, creeks, rivers, and lakes that we see all around us? I'm a scientist - such blatant stupidity and ignorance of basic science gets me riled up. I'm sorry your stupidity got me so passionate!

:lol: Well, I did ask for it. How about one that I can read and understand....one that actually explicitly explains the laws in Washington and Oregon regarding the collection of rainwater.

Jesus fuck no way!

Let me google that for you

Okay, that was cool. I don't like your attitude and your language could use some cleaning up, but that was cool. :)

Our government charges for waste water management and rain runoff based on your properties assessment. They say you have X amount of insoluble property. Until recently, they also outlawed capturing rainwater. They got you coming and going here. The Government defines ALL the parameters.

Last edited:
I'll bet it would have never been an issue if the dealership was on a private well instead of city water.

Any takers?

Last edited:
I'll bet it would have never been an issue if the dealership was on a private well instead of city water.

Any takers?

It makes no difference in many cities. If your property is within the City’s water and sewer service area you must connect to the City’s water and sewer system prior to occupation of the building. The land owner gets a sewer bill even if the water is disconnected & property is unoccupied.

Any takers?

My subdivision has a 'community well.' We all pay the same, a little less than $20/month. I and some others pay it all for the year in January. No limit on what you use, but in the hot summer months it can be an issue if people are watering their lawns. Lawn watering tends to drain the system and the people at the top of the hill run out first. The ones at the bottom suck all the water out of the hot water heaters above them before they run out. I had my plumber install a device that would prevent this from happening to mine, because we all know that letting an electric water heater run dry will ruin it. I never really run out of water now, as I usually have plenty in my tank. In all our system sucks because it is always going down. When it does, some people just get water from the lake. But water is heavy. I don't do that.

Now, after all that, I can understand the ire of those downstream. That is what happens here when the system goes down. The ones up top want everyone below to shut off their water. But some things are generally downhill, and water is one of those if it doesn't soak into he ground. I really don't think they could stop a person from using well water. But if you want to look about water rights, the correct term to look up is Riparian Rights.

Lol, it's not legal in my city by code, but there is a city agency that gives out rain barrels.

I use em, and I like em.

Washing your hair with rain water is supposed to make your hair soft. But I wouldn't drink it after running off of the roof due to chemicals and bird shit.

Ridiculous stuff. I say do it anyways. It's only illegal if you get caught. Just don't install a crazy system like that guy did.

Its still illegal even if you don't get caught.

After constructing a large rainwater collection system at his new dealership to use for washing new cars, Miller found out that the project was actually an “unlawful diversion of rainwater.”
I fail to see why he should have rights to drainage that belong to others just because he wants to take them.

You idiots act like this is something new. Water rights have long been regulated by all levels of government. If they weren't then whomever was near the top of a river could just keep all the water. That would of course be great for the few people at the top of the river but pretty bad for the thousands of others down stream who need water for their crops and farm animals and it would turn navigable waterways into unnavigable.

Cool!!

That means I can go back to calling them "Illegal Immigrants"
:clap2:

Thanks

This just pisses me off. Sorry, but it does. It's MY property. It fell from the fucking sky, fercrissakes. If I wanna collect it, then dammit I sure the hell will. If they wanna throw me in jail for collecting rain water, then go for it. But I plan to do what I want on my property and whatever FALLS in it.

Its not your property because it falls from the sky. You're such a fucking ignoramous. If its your property then what the hell are you doing letting most of it flow from your property onto others?

FYI, in the western states water on your property belongs to you if it falls from the sky because your property is considered the source of that water, but thanks for jumping in and proving you know as little about water rights as you do about gravity.

Lol, it's not legal in my city by code, but there is a city agency that gives out rain barrels.

I use em, and I like em.

Washing your hair with rain water is supposed to make your hair soft. But I wouldn't drink it after running off of the roof due to chemicals and bird shit.

Just use it to water the plants and the new grass areas. Use city water and they take forever to pop up. A little rain water and they shoot out of the ground.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back