Canadians arrest polygamist

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
Canadian Man with 149 Kids Sentenced to House Arrest: 'I'm Guilty of Living My Religion'

You heard right. The country that embraced legal pot and gay sex and pretty much anything goes has been arrested for polygamy.

He said he was just practicing his religious beliefs.

And to think, all he had to do was just get them pregnant and not marry them cuz marrying them is just yucky.

I'm sure putting him in jail will solve all of his problem and the hundred or so children he fathered.

There, that was easy.

LMAO!
drunk.gif

Canadian Man with 149 Kids Sentenced to House Arrest: 'I'm Guilty of Living My Religion'

You heard right. The country that embraced legal pot and gay sex and pretty much anything goes has been arrested for polygamy.

He said he was just practicing his religious beliefs.

And to think, all he had to do was just get them pregnant and not marry them cuz marrying them is just yucky.

I'm sure putting him in jail will solve all of his problem and the hundred or so children he fathered.

There, that was easy.

LMAO!
drunk.gif
If he had said that multiple women was his sexual orientation, he would not have been arrested.

I'm telling you, Canada is purging. They are policing their citizens to enforce one ideology over others. Is England aware of this defiance of British policies?

It is an interesting point- he said he was practicing polygamy according to his closely held religious beliefs- Canada of course has different laws than we do- but if this was happening here- as it does indeed occur here- should anyone be arrested for just polygamy?

Let me put it another way-
Should polygamy be illegal? If you think yes-
Should polygamy be illegal, unless a person claims his religion tells him to be polygamous?

So sentencing to house arrest is going to solve the problem of a polygamous daddy with 149 kiddos?

Really??

So sentencing to house arrest is going to solve the problem of a polygamous daddy with 149 kiddos?

Really??

What kind of surprised me is that there was no suggestion that the wives or children were neglected or not financially supported or abused- there is usually some other issue that prompts this kind of prosecution- at least from cases I remember seeing in the U.S.

The perp apparently loves his wives and progeny, and they love him.

He broke the law of monogamy as enshrined in provincial statutes.

He did nothing else.

The perp apparently loves his wives and progeny, and they love him.

He broke the law of monogamy as enshrined in provincial statutes.

He did nothing else.
Like I said, if he had just maintained that he has a polyamorous sexual orientation, this wouldn't even be an issue. But if you attach a faith to something then it's gloves-off in Canada. Seems like a preference is being extended to certain ideologies and behaviors. Which is the same as saying a state is establishing an official religion or ideology it protects and defends.

Forum List

Back