Canadians angered over "Buy American" rule

Canada needs to learn just like the rest of us what happens when you try to kiss obama ass,,check the shareholders,, check the bondholders,, check out the lost pensions,, I'm gonna write Canada and tell em I'll come up there and buy me a toyota.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Our American car companies are stabbing americans in the back. My Dodge was built in Canada. What's up with that? I would say your national health care influenced this.

José;1263201 said:
Free trade is just like nuclear demilitarization.

Everybody, including the US, recommend it to others, not to themselves. :lol:

When Mexico starts buying our products on par with what we've granted them over the last 20 years then you can criticize the US, thanks.

Yea, Jose! It seems like America is turning into Mexico. Soon we'll be going there for jobs Mexicans won't do.

Canada needs to learn just like the rest of us what happens when you try to kiss obama ass,,check the shareholders,, check the bondholders,, check out the lost pensions,, I'm gonna write Canada and tell em I'll come up there and buy me a toyota.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Our American car companies are stabbing americans in the back. My Dodge was built in Canada. What's up with that? I would say your national health care influenced this.

You mean lack of? Our car companies don't have to pay for employee healthcare in Canada. The Government pays it.

If you look at just the company's balance sheet than yes that is a logical statement but from the government's POV there is a line drawn around the nation. The money that changes hands inside the circle doesn't change the nations balance sheet except in titles.
So we should reward uncompetitive, ineffecient producers with taxpayer dollars just because they happen to be domestic producers?

What's that got to do with the price and quality of steel on the open market ? If our answer to protectionism is more protectionism of our own, that justs makes both sides stupid and inefficient.

Your opinion will be filed with the similar failures of Greenspan, thanks. We are not a nation that exists so that bastard capitalistas can cry about their freedom to undermine this nation for the sake of their pocketbooks. Again, when Canadia starts importing American goods on par with how much they export here then we'll start to give a fuck. Until then, enjoy your float down the same economic path of the dodo.

LOL, "my type" ? what type would that be? the type that thinks the lowest cost/highest quality producer should win in the marketplace and that inefficient producers should be punished by it? If that's the type you're taking about, we're called free-market capitalists.

free market capitalista bitches who seems to think that patriotism is only necessary as long as your personal pocketbook benefits. Sorry, cheaper steel from Canadia that puts American's out of work isn't a deal for US even if it is for YOU. Your rhetorical keyworkd "efficient" is cute too... about as cute as the total failure that your economic scheme has provided this nation. You and the cuban Batista government will share an Astrix in the pages of history.

no. Not at all. Especially if our domestic producers suffer because of some bullshit global flea market policy. How much steel do you think Canadia buys from the US?
What's that got to do with the price and quality of steel on the open market ? If our answer to protectionism is more protectionism of our own, that justs makes both sides stupid and inefficient.

I'll give you a hint: there is a reason your type tries so hard to avoid the topic of trade deficits.

LOL, "my type" ? what type would that be? the type that thinks the lowest cost/highest quality producer should win in the marketplace and that inefficient producers should be punished by it? If that's the type you're taking about, we're called free-market capitalists.

Here's one!!! Here's a right winger who actually admits to defending NAFTA.

Cheap goods for consumers matter more than wages until no one can afford to buy anything.

So did you like Clinton for signing NAFTA? Most of you point to him when NAFTA is brought up but you fail to also admit that you have big boners for NAFTA.

Will this be a permanent provision or will we be getting a bunch of people jobs just to watch them get cut off at the knees in 3 or 4 years when we decide the stimulus is over? If the non-competitive jobs are not protected, the workers will lose their jobs when the "real" market returns.

Man, fuck the Canadians. They're not better than the Americans; complain when the Americans put up trade barriers, but not a peep about their gigantic agricultural subsidies that, along with the rest of the developed world, fuck over everybody else.

Will this be a permanent provision or will we be getting a bunch of people jobs just to watch them get cut off at the knees in 3 or 4 years when we decide the stimulus is over? If the non-competitive jobs are not protected, the workers will lose their jobs when the "real" market returns.

The United States, at the VERY least when it comes to tax based purchases, should ALWAYS buy from the American first. ALWAYS. The necessity for a "stimulus" is the direct result of selling out our nation for the sake of individual pocketbooks under the guise of free market capitalism. I'd make this a federal amendment.

No one is saying that, you are creating a situation that is black and white. Most things aren't that simple. I think if American steel workers were making far inferior products at 10X the average price the news would pick it up somewhere even if not in the US. If there was a situation like you said where the cost difference is greater than 100% then yes I agree. I would not reward failing companies because of their domestic location.

From what I have seen, which isn't much, most the time the price difference comes from shipping costs and other items that vary depending on the situation.

I'd by Canadian, but I've got enough maple syrup and I already have a pair of snowshoes.

If you look at just the company's balance sheet than yes that is a logical statement but from the government's POV there is a line drawn around the nation. The money that changes hands inside the circle doesn't change the nations balance sheet except in titles.
So we should reward uncompetitive, ineffecient producers with taxpayer dollars just because they happen to be domestic producers?

Remember Jordan got in trouble because his shoe factories were using child slave labor?

Does that not matter anymore?

Should we have to compete with that?

Do you not understand every country protects their economies at least some? Only America does not.

Must not affect you. You like the cheap goods. Good for you. But now it has gone too far, and you still don't admit it could/is/might be/already is a problem.

The United States, at the VERY least when it comes to tax based purchases, should ALWAYS buy from the American first. ALWAYS. The necessity for a "stimulus" is the direct result of selling out our nation for the sake of individual pocketbooks under the guise of free market capitalism. I'd make this a federal amendment.

All that is normative...."should be" .... "would make".....

I was just wondering what the current plan is under the stimulus that made this policy.

If it is going to be permanent, then fine. If it's some sort of temporary scheme, then it's for shit and you are just jerking people around who will then have their lives uprooted in 4 years to go find new jobs while everyone else is enjoying the good life.

I would just like to get straight on the actual policy before we go into whether free markets are good at this point in time, or not.

You talkin bout Gettlesfinger (finger get it? :lol:_ Motors? They hell you say!:eek:

Remember Jordan got in trouble because his shoe factories were using child slave labor?

Do you not understand every country protects their economies at least some? Only America does not.

Must not affect you. You like the cheap goods. Good for you. But now it has gone too far, and you still don't admit it could/is/might be/already is a problem.

Are you joking dude? America has been basking in protectionism for centuries.

hee heee heee! fuckem! :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle: and don't let emcrossourborderseither.

You have to be the dumbest person on USMB hands down. :lol: obamalama :cuckoo:

I'm willow and my life has value :eusa_liar:

why am I dumb? doyathink???

Don't let em cross the border? Obamalama's fault?

When I first met you, you were wrong but at least seemed to be rational. Now you are just soooo anti obama that its crazy.

Like the bitches/whores and ***** that were anti bill clinton. He did a good job but you never shut the fuck up about how everything was his fault.

Meanwhile he would have gotten in your panties with one shake of his thumb.

Yep,, good old case of thuggery! just like we bypassed american law and did a "special" on the shareholders and the bondholders, and the pension holders and the dealerss, we by god will not act like the people we are supposed to be,, no sirrreeee by god fuck em,, and that "agreement" we signed with them.. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are you joking dude? America has been basking in protectionism for centuries.

And look how well our middle class did.

Start pitting us against 3rd world slave labor and the America we know is finished.

Democracy - Not "The Free Market" - Will Save America's Middle Class

Did you think that was by accident?

Your opinion will be filed with the similar failures of Greenspan, thanks.
Thanks for telling me what my opinion is, however I don't think Greenspan has anything to do with the question at hand, it's weird that you should even bring him up since I'm positive I've never mentioned him in this thread (or even on this site).

We are not a nation that exists so that bastard capitalistas can cry about their freedom to undermine this nation for the sake of their pocketbooks. Again, when Canadia starts importing American goods on par with how much they export here then we'll start to give a fuck. Until then, enjoy your float down the same economic path of the dodo.
LOL, so your contention is what ? that encouraging our domestic producers to become less and less efficient is GOOD for the country? tell me how much good have such notions done for our domestic manufacturing base over the last 50 years ? Maybe if we started actually producing more competitive goods & services that the world wanted to buy and started living with our means trade deficits wouldn't be such an issue, huh ?

free market capitalista bitches who seems to think that patriotism is only necessary as long as your personal pocketbook benefits.
Sorry I don't think I mentioned patriotism, nor do I feel it has anything to do with the question at hand. BTW it's not just my personal pocketbook that gets affected here, it's all taxpayers and in the long run American workers.

Sorry, cheaper steel from Canadia that puts American's out of work isn't a deal for US even if it is for YOU. Your rhetorical keyworkd "efficient" is cute too... about as cute as the total failure that your economic scheme has provided this nation.
Sorry but it's not cheaper steel from Canada that's putting American's out of work, it's the inability of American's to compete that is, Americans could of course compete on a global stage in just about any industry, if the gub'ment would get our their way but alas' the central planners don't seem to want to give them a chance and thus it begets government interventionalist measures like the one in question.

You and the cuban Batista government will share an Astrix in the pages of history.
Along with the founding fathers too I presume, at least Me and Cuban Batista government will be in good company, and I suspect won't be nearly as reviled as You and You're collectivist pals by those same pages. :tongue:

Forum List

Back