Canadians angered over "Buy American" rule

Your opinion will be filed with the similar failures of Greenspan, thanks.
Thanks for telling me what my opinion is, however I don't think Greenspan has anything to do with the question at hand, it's weird that you should even bring him up since I'm positive I've never mentioned him in this thread (or even on this site).

We are not a nation that exists so that bastard capitalistas can cry about their freedom to undermine this nation for the sake of their pocketbooks. Again, when Canadia starts importing American goods on par with how much they export here then we'll start to give a fuck. Until then, enjoy your float down the same economic path of the dodo.
LOL, so your contention is what ? that encouraging our domestic producers to become less and less efficient is GOOD for the country? tell me how much good have such notions done for our domestic manufacturing base over the last 50 years ? Maybe if we started actually producing more competitive goods & services that the world wanted to buy and started living with our means trade deficits wouldn't be such an issue, huh ?

Sorry I don't think I mentioned patriotism, nor do I feel it has anything to do with the question at hand. BTW it's not just my personal pocketbook that gets affected here, it's all taxpayers and in the long run American workers.

Sorry, cheaper steel from Canadia that puts American's out of work isn't a deal for US even if it is for YOU. Your rhetorical keyworkd "efficient" is cute too... about as cute as the total failure that your economic scheme has provided this nation.
Sorry but it's not cheaper steel from Canada that's putting American's out of work, it's the inability of American's to compete that is, Americans could of course compete on a global stage in just about any industry, if the gub'ment would get our their way but alas' the central planners don't seem to want to give them a chance and thus it begets government interventionalist measures like the one in question.

You and the cuban Batista government will share an Astrix in the pages of history.
Along with the founding fathers too I presume, at least Me and Cuban Batista government will be in good company, and I suspect won't be nearly as reviled as You and You're collectivist pals by those same pages. :tongue:

Give us universal/single payer healthcare so our corporations can compete with Canada!!!!

I'm looking around and I don't see anything that I've bought that was made in the US. Maybe my wireless router but that's about it. When did it get like this? I think I fell asleep at the wheel.

Will this be a permanent provision or will we be getting a bunch of people jobs just to watch them get cut off at the knees in 3 or 4 years when we decide the stimulus is over? If the non-competitive jobs are not protected, the workers will lose their jobs when the "real" market returns.

The United States, at the VERY least when it comes to tax based purchases, should ALWAYS buy from the American first. ALWAYS. The necessity for a "stimulus" is the direct result of selling out our nation for the sake of individual pocketbooks under the guise of free market capitalism. I'd make this a federal amendment.

All that is normative...."should be" .... "would make".....

I was just wondering what the current plan is under the stimulus that made this policy.

If it is going to be permanent, then fine. If it's some sort of temporary scheme, then it's for shit and you are just jerking people around who will then have their lives uprooted in 4 years to go find new jobs while everyone else is enjoying the good life.

I would just like to get straight on the actual policy before we go into whether free markets are good at this point in time, or not.

uh, would you not use the same terms when describing how you think the market SHOULD BE?

good grief.

Any guess on what group of people will work to overturn this policy even if it were to be perm? I've got a mexican tv and a chinese nike for you if you guess correctly.

You have to be the dumbest person on USMB hands down. :lol: obamalama :cuckoo:

I'm willow and my life has value :eusa_liar:

why am I dumb? doyathink???

Don't let em cross the border? Obamalama's fault?

When I first met you, you were wrong but at least seemed to be rational. Now you are just soooo anti obama that its crazy.

Like the bitches/whores and ***** that were anti bill clinton. He did a good job but you never shut the fuck up about how everything was his fault.

Meanwhile he would have gotten in your panties with one shake of his thumb.

shows ya what you know DUmmie! I was a democwat back in them days,, and the republicans picked unmercifully on Clinton.. made me mad too,, til the DUMBF. knowing,, full well, that the Republicans were after him,, went right on ahead and did his Monica Thang.. that's the day I walked away from being a DUMMIE! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So we should reward uncompetitive, ineffecient producers with taxpayer dollars just because they happen to be domestic producers?

Remember Jordan got in trouble because his shoe factories were using child slave labor?

Does that not matter anymore?

Should we have to compete with that?

Do you not understand every country protects their economies at least some? Only America does not.

Must not affect you. You like the cheap goods. Good for you. But now it has gone too far, and you still don't admit it could/is/might be/already is a problem.

Are you joking dude? America has been basking in protectionism for centuries.

and, coincidentally, we were a stronger nation during those occasions where we were not hemorrhaging opportunity out of the country.. funny how that works.

I'm looking around and I don't see anything that I've bought that was made in the US. Maybe my wireless router but that's about it. When did it get like this? I think I fell asleep at the wheel.

And why don't Republicans understand that this is a problem?

Last week they posted some drivel about how we really are still the largest manufacturer in the world. We even still export more than China.

But you just know that their numbers are tainted.

Or, even if we are still #1, that doesn't mean we haven't outsourced too much.

But they love pointing out that Clinton signed NAFTA.

See how politics work? The GOP created the bank bailout situation, but the Dems signed it so they are to blame. The GOP invented NAFTA, but Clinton signed it. And the Iraq war was the GOP's war, but if even one Dem signed on, they are equally to blame.

Remember Jordan got in trouble because his shoe factories were using child slave labor?

Do you not understand every country protects their economies at least some? Only America does not.

Must not affect you. You like the cheap goods. Good for you. But now it has gone too far, and you still don't admit it could/is/might be/already is a problem.

and, coincidentally, we were a stronger nation during those occasions where we were not hemorrhaging opportunity out of the country.. funny how that works.

Not as funny as Willow saying Obamalama for the 1000000000th time. Stupid bitch.

Not as funny as Willow saying Obamalama for the 1000000000th time. Stupid bitch.

it will never be anything other than the obamalama,, well, maybe some day,, if he ever stands up for America.. we'll see

I dunno, are the Canadians using child slave labors to produce the goods in question.

Completely non sequiter arguement, that's a human rights question, while we can certainly object to rampant violations and design policies to punish producers that fall into this category, the provision in question doesn't do any sort of thing, it bars all foreign competition carte blanche.

You don't think our government already practices protectionism ? oh please don't tell me you believe that and just because other countries do it doesn't make it a good idea for us, we've already decimated our domestic manufacturing base primarily due to government interventionalism, how does anybody in their right mind assume we can change that for the better with even more government intervention?

Must not affect you. You like the cheap goods. Good for you.
So what are you saying? you like paying more for inferior goods ?

Considering where oil and gas products have been inflated from the last few years does Canada have any room to actually pitch a bitch?

When I first met you, you were wrong but at least seemed to be rational. Now you are just soooo anti obama that its crazy.

Like the bitches/whores and ***** that were anti bill clinton. He did a good job but you never shut the fuck up about how everything was his fault.

shows ya what you know DUmmie! I was a democwat back in them days,, and the republicans picked unmercifully on Clinton.. made me mad too,, til the DUMBF. knowing,, full well, that the Republicans were after him,, went right on ahead and did his Monica Thang.. that's the day I walked away from being a DUMMIE! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

So the GOP tactic worked on you? Thanks for admitting it at least.

So the "liberal" media :eusa_liar: did a successful job in getting you to vote against Gore in 2000 by attacking him and Clinton for 8 straight years.

And funny Bush lying didn't get you to come back?

Nice.

So you became a republican because of Clinton's dick policy? :lol:

So the GOP tactic worked on you? Thanks for admitting it at least.

So the "liberal" media :eusa_liar: did a successful job in getting you to vote against Gore in 2000 by attacking him and Clinton for 8 straight years.

And funny Bush lying didn't get you to come back?

Nice.

you don't read well do you?? it was a Clinton tactic that disgusted me,, ie fucking stupidity that's what it was alrighty.. fucking stupidity.

no. Not at all. Especially if our domestic producers suffer because of some bullshit global flea market policy. How much steel do you think Canadia buys from the US? I'll give you a hint: there is a reason your type tries so hard to avoid the topic of trade deficits.

So, again, fuck Canadia and fuck capitalista americans who would sell out this nation in the Great American Yardsale.

This is great. This is going to expose the right wingers as either being in favor of NAFTA or just stupid right wing parrots like Willow who can't say anything other than obamalama.

rightwingers like Obama and Bill Clinton?

But the ignorant do not realize we should be deathly afraid of retaliation.

(1) OIL STUPID: The main reason we have a trade deficit with Canada is because they are our main oil provider by far. Imagine the effects on the US economy if Canada retaliated with oil? Been to the gas pump lately oil has gone up in Chicago at least to $3.00! Its pinching us again. Oil going up drives the price of freight up, which gets pushed onto the consumer. Say we stopped importing an oil or got off our addiction to oil, the trade deficit would be cut substantially!

(2) Our Manufactured Goods: Via the Walmart effect people things America doesn't produce any manufactured goods. The small consumer products in the store, sure those are gone, but America still produces stateside 20% of the world's goods!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/1240839-post1.html

How can that be? Americans still produce the large manufactured goods that are sold B to B rather than B to C. These goods require well educated people and not minons that just follow orders via the small goods produced in say Walmart, Target and Toys-r-u! We send far more large manufacturing goods to Canada then they send to America. Its a fact! :eusa_angel:

oh! and just to add,, you democwat dudes ain't improved any either,, gwb ran circles around your azzes for eight years and he's dumb..

give me one good reason i should support a donkeyface who thinks with his dick and not his brain.. would you?? hell they were after his ass for years and the dummie still dropped his drawers and set himself up for the fiasco of a lifetime.. i got the hell outta dodge.. never looked back,,

Last edited:

I dunno, are the Canadians using child slave labors to produce the goods in question.

Completely non sequiter arguement, that's a human rights question, while we can certainly object to rampant violations and design policies to punish producers that fall into this category, the provision in question doesn't do any sort of thing, it bars all foreign competition carte blanche.

You don't think our government already practices protectionism ? oh please don't tell me you believe that and just because other countries do it doesn't make it a good idea for us, we've already decimated our domestic manufacturing base primarily due to government interventionalism, how does anybody in their right mind assume we can change that for the better with even more government intervention?

Must not affect you. You like the cheap goods. Good for you.
So what are you saying? you like paying more for inferior goods ?

Ok. Its not apples to apples. Should we have to compete with a country that has universal healthcare?

We should not have to compete with countries that pay less than we pay here. If there are certain things we deem appropriate to buy from overseas, then fine, but we are buying too much from people who aren't buying from us. So then we should buy less from them to even things out and to protect the American middle class. And yes, sometimes you might pay a little more, but who says for INFERIOR products? Is that your assumtion in every case? Why so anti American?

The government can "intervien" and do good, or the govenment can "intervien" and do harm to us.

So your assumption that the Dems will only make things worse is wrong, because their actions will be much different than the GOP.

But I'm loving this argument because you are talking out of both sides of your mouth. I can't tell if you are pro NAFTA or not. Sounds like you are mostly in favor of it. Which is what I want to expose.

Thanks for telling me what my opinion is, however I don't think Greenspan has anything to do with the question at hand, it's weird that you should even bring him up since I'm positive I've never mentioned him in this thread (or even on this site).

Considering you common support of the bullshit free market "or else" I guess you'd be wrong. I bring him up because he is the posterchild of the failure of your economic opinion. Would you care to see some before and after testimonials?

LOL, so your contention is what ? that encouraging our domestic producers to become less and less efficient is GOOD for the country? tell me how much good have such notions done for our domestic manufacturing base over the last 50 years ? Maybe if we started actually producing more competitive goods & services that the world wanted to buy and started living with our means trade deficits wouldn't be such an issue, huh ?

Indeed, 50 fucking years ago when the US was busy investing in its own we didn't see your kind looking to sell the US at the lowest bidder. Ironically we were a stronger nation during what was dubbed THE GREATEST GENERATION. Apparently, your kind would have had low ball bidding Italians winning the bid on Ammo manufacturing during ww2.

MAYBE if your kind weren't so full of shit when it comes to free market capitalism and showed loyalty above what your checkbook can stomach you'd figure out why we have been economically failing since back in the 80s when "Hungry? Eat Your Import!" bumper stickers became popular.

Sorry I don't think I mentioned patriotism, nor do I feel it has anything to do with the question at hand. BTW it's not just my personal pocketbook that gets affected here, it's all taxpayers and in the long run American workers.

Of course you don't, capitalista. The rest of the nation could drown as far as you care as long as you could make a dollar off of the occasion. In the long run my ass. We've seen what the long run looks like, dude... we've known since the 80s how this was going to turn out.

Sorry but it's not cheaper steel from Canada that's putting American's out of work, it's the inability of American's to compete that is, Americans could of course compete on a global stage in just about any industry, if the gub'ment would get our their way but alas' the central planners don't seem to want to give them a chance and thus it begets government interventionalist measures like the one in question.

American's can't compete with motherfuckers like you cutting of their fucking knees for a few pennies more. Again, it's fun to watch your kind hide behind bullshit jargon like "effeciency" and "compete" when we all know that all you are doing is avoiding the terms SLAVE LABOR and THIRD WORLD LIVING STANDARD. Indeed, motherfucker, a consumer base that the glboe envies probably SHOULD work for the same "competitive wage" as a fucking chinese dirt farmer turned shoe maker, eh?

:thup:

If the government got out of your way you'd have sold us out a decade ago and then cried about your offshore tax haven. You are no cure for economics, dude. You are, in fact, the proverbial fucking AIDS of economics.

Get used to it, buddy. Your kind has seen it's day fly by. and, to be honest, it wasn't at all impressive.

Along with the founding fathers too I presume, at least Me and Cuban Batista government will be in good company, and I suspect won't be nearly as reviled as You and You're collectivist pals by those same pages. :tongue:

Yea, dude... because lord fucking knows the BATISTA gov is seen, historically, as the golden years of Cuba!

:rofl:

:thup:

oh! and just to add,, you democwat dudes ain't improved any either,, gwb ran circles around your azzes for eight years and he's dumb..

give me one good reason i should support a donkeyface who thinks with his dick and not his brain.. would you?? hell they were after his ass for years and the dummie still dropped his drawers and set himself up for the fiasco of a lifetime.. i got the hell outta dodge.. never looked back,,

Wouldn't have been a big deal if the corporate/right wing media didn't make it an 8 year affair.

And now you don't want ANY investigations into the Bush/Cheney wrong doings. That would cost too much money. Meanwhile Ken Starr spent a billion dollars wasting our time.

But to you it wasn't a waste because it got GW elected and 4000 killed on 9-11. Mission accomplished for you, right?

Forum List

Back