Canadian Mayor supporting total handgun ban

Canada has one third the homicide rate, and one sixth the gun homicide rate, compared to the United States.

Last edited:
Canada has one third the homicide rate, and one sixth the gun homicide rate, compared to the United States.
----------------------- so what Canada is not the USA nor would i want it to be G5000 .

In Canada, buying a gun takes about 60 days. Licensing agents are required to advise an applicant's spouse or next-of-kin prior to granting a license. In fact, they have to notify any significant other you lived with in the prior two years that you are buying a gun. And you have to take a gun safety course.

Magazines are limited to 5 rounds.

You can own an AR-15 but AK-47s are banned outright.

Your AR-15 can only be fired at a gun range, and you have to be licensed.

----------------------- so what Canada is not the USA nor would i want it to be G5000 .
The point is that strict gun control is very successful at reducing the homicide rate in a developed country.

The point is that strict gun control is very successful at reducing the homicide rate in a developed country.
--------------------------------------- yeah maybe but this is America and look at the disarmed subjects that are mere subjects to their bosses and rulers , queens , trudy trudeau , chavez and the dead 'maduro' from Venezuela , castro and other dictators G5000 .

In Canada, buying a gun takes about 60 days. Licensing agents are required to advise an applicant's spouse or next-of-kin prior to granting a license. In fact, they have to notify any significant other you lived with in the prior two years that you are buying a gun. And you have to take a gun safety course.

------------------------------------ you post your info as if its good news and rules but it isn't . Besides that , those are rules for Canada and 'canooks' and American gun people don't want those rules in the USA G5000 .

------------------------------------ you post your info as if its good news and rules but it isn't . Besides that , those are rules for Canada and 'canooks' and American gun people don't want those rules in the USA G5000 .
I am posting the FACTS so people know the FACTS instead of just bloviating from ignorance.

What is your problem with INFORMATION, dipshit?

I am posting the FACTS so people know the FACTS instead of just bloviating from ignorance.

---------------------------------- so now YOU are name calling eh G5000 [chuckle] . But hey , i am simply responding to your info from a gun persons point of view . Plus , i politely assert that yer info doesn't matter to American gun owners that understand what the 'second amendment' is all about . Course gun people that agree with YOU can chime in anytime that they like to agree with you G5000 You Feckhead . :afro:

--------------------------------- and those FACTS ad info only apply to 'canook' subject at this time G5000 .

i think its funny , take away all 'canooks' handguns because your 'canook government' imported a murderous muslim into 'Canada . Course 'trudy trudeau' will still be protected by men with concealed handguns .

And in effort to defend the citizens, take away their guns to protect themselves.

Come to think of it, isn't that what the left is trying to do here? They are importing criminals and wanting to disarm the public at the same time. Now there's a good combination.

He wasn’t an “imported criminal”. He was a home grown mentally disturbed man. Like the guy in the Florida school shooting, he’d gone on and off his meds but had frequently told others he wanted to shoot someone. Others had reported his behaviour, including members of his family. Nothing was done.

The gun he used was stolen in a burglary in Saskatchewan two years ago.

After a mass shooting left three people dead, including the shooter, in Toronto on Sunday, the city's conservative mayor backed a proposal that even the most liberal American politicians wouldn't dare support ― a total ban on all handgun sales.

"Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?" Mayor John Tory asked at a city council meeting on Monday.

Tory spoke a day after 29-year-old Faisal Hussain opened fire with a handgun on a busy avenue in the city, killing two females and injuring 13 other people. The incident left Torontonians in fear and mourning and prompted the city council to vote on Tuesday night to ask the federal government to ban the sale of handguns within city limits.

"What's happened in the United States is what not to do," said Toronto city councilman Joe Cressy following Sunday's shooting.

Toronto's Mayor Did What No U.S. Leader Has Done After A Mass Shooting

So do they really think that a ban on handguns in Toronto will stop people from getting guns? They consider this Mayor a conservative?

I don't know, but I think liberal politics is beginning to infect our friends up north. A nice dog and pony show to placate the masses. Canada already has strict gun measures, in fact, the same measures liberals think we should implement here such as special licensing, government training, and of course, all the red tape. But oh! It's not working very well.

Will our Democrats learn anything from Canada? Probably not. But according to this Huff piece, their strict regulations have led to more shootings and gun deaths in 2018 compared to last year.
Why do you say it’s not working well? Because of this one incident? I haven’t looked at the numbers but does Canada have a fun violenve problem?

And I gotta correct one of your statements. A hand gun ban will absolutely stop people from getting guns, that’s the whole point. It won’t stop everybody but it puts less guns out there you can’t really dispute that.

I say do it. Let the world see just how useless gun bans are. As anyone with a brain knows, it ain't the tool, it's the person using the tool that kills. Ban all guns and watch the crime rate skyrocket.

After a mass shooting left three people dead, including the shooter, in Toronto on Sunday, the city's conservative mayor backed a proposal that even the most liberal American politicians wouldn't dare support ― a total ban on all handgun sales.

"Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?" Mayor John Tory asked at a city council meeting on Monday.

Tory spoke a day after 29-year-old Faisal Hussain opened fire with a handgun on a busy avenue in the city, killing two females and injuring 13 other people. The incident left Torontonians in fear and mourning and prompted the city council to vote on Tuesday night to ask the federal government to ban the sale of handguns within city limits.

"What's happened in the United States is what not to do," said Toronto city councilman Joe Cressy following Sunday's shooting.

Toronto's Mayor Did What No U.S. Leader Has Done After A Mass Shooting

So do they really think that a ban on handguns in Toronto will stop people from getting guns? They consider this Mayor a conservative?

I don't know, but I think liberal politics is beginning to infect our friends up north. A nice dog and pony show to placate the masses. Canada already has strict gun measures, in fact, the same measures liberals think we should implement here such as special licensing, government training, and of course, all the red tape. But oh! It's not working very well.

Will our Democrats learn anything from Canada? Probably not. But according to this Huff piece, their strict regulations have led to more shootings and gun deaths in 2018 compared to last year.
Why do you say it’s not working well? Because of this one incident? I haven’t looked at the numbers but does Canada have a fun violenve problem?

And I gotta correct one of your statements. A hand gun ban will absolutely stop people from getting guns, that’s the whole point. It won’t stop everybody but it puts less guns out there you can’t really dispute that.

I say do it. Let the world see just how useless gun bans are. As anyone with a brain knows, it ain't the tool, it's the person using the tool that kills. Ban all guns and watch the crime rate skyrocket.

We really don't need Canada to support our claim, there are plenty of other examples already such as when we had our assault weapons ban that did noting.

i think its funny , take away all 'canooks' handguns because your 'canook government' imported a murderous muslim into 'Canada . Course 'trudy trudeau' will still be protected by men with concealed handguns .

And in effort to defend the citizens, take away their guns to protect themselves.

Come to think of it, isn't that what the left is trying to do here? They are importing criminals and wanting to disarm the public at the same time. Now there's a good combination.

He wasn’t an “imported criminal”. He was a home grown mentally disturbed man. Like the guy in the Florida school shooting, he’d gone on and off his meds but had frequently told others he wanted to shoot someone. Others had reported his behaviour, including members of his family. Nothing was done.

Really? The report I read yesterday is the police believed that he got the gun from his brother. Did they change the story?

And with all that, according to the OP, their gun violence increased since last year.

---------------------------------- i cleared that up , I corrected my mistake DLady .

and a correction but the 'paki' muslim murderer was born in Canada of [assumed] imported 'paki' parents .
------------------------------------- see DragonLady , SEE , it was the muslim murderers 'paki' parents that introduced the muslim murderer to Canada . [See post number 11 DLady ]

Last edited:
but my larger point is that if you stop the selling of guns and then remove all guns from Canada , well 'trudy trudeau' and probably some of his extended family will still be protected by taxpayer paid men carrying guns . And the criminal and government men and elites wil have guns or protection from taxpayer paid men with guns DLady .

Last edited:
A gun ban in a country that doesn’t have a 250 year history of lawful gun possession, 450 million lawfully owned firearms (God knows how many illegally possessed) and the Constitutionally protected, Supreme Court upheld, right to bear arms might work.

Possibly.

A gun ban in a country that doesn’t have a 250 year history of lawful gun possession, 450 million lawfully owned firearms (God knows how many illegally possessed) and the Constitutionally protected, Supreme Court upheld, right to bear arms might work.

Possibly.

A right to bear arms only to protect the government of the United States from foreign assault with the intent to overthrow.

Forum List

Back