Canadian Mayor supporting total handgun ban

And I gotta correct one of your statements. A hand gun ban will absolutely stop people from getting guns, that’s the whole point. It won’t stop everybody but it puts less guns out there you can’t really dispute that.

Yeah, just like a narcotics ban stopped people from getting drugs...:rolleyes:
I don’t agree with drug laws but absolutely making drugs illegal prevent people from getting and doing drugs. It doesn’t stop everybody but I never claimed it did

You are close. Banning recreational narcotics stop good people from taking drugs. The bad people will take them regardless, and that's the exact same results that would take place with a gun ban.
Yeah I recognized that. It puts less guns on the street and will prevent mostly “Good” people from having guns for defense. It will also prevent some “bad” people from getting and using guns and then there will be some bad people who still get and use guns.

After a mass shooting left three people dead, including the shooter, in Toronto on Sunday, the city's conservative mayor backed a proposal that even the most liberal American politicians wouldn't dare support ― a total ban on all handgun sales.

"Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?" Mayor John Tory asked at a city council meeting on Monday.

Tory spoke a day after 29-year-old Faisal Hussain opened fire with a handgun on a busy avenue in the city, killing two females and injuring 13 other people. The incident left Torontonians in fear and mourning and prompted the city council to vote on Tuesday night to ask the federal government to ban the sale of handguns within city limits.

"What's happened in the United States is what not to do," said Toronto city councilman Joe Cressy following Sunday's shooting.

Toronto's Mayor Did What No U.S. Leader Has Done After A Mass Shooting

So do they really think that a ban on handguns in Toronto will stop people from getting guns? They consider this Mayor a conservative?

I don't know, but I think liberal politics is beginning to infect our friends up north. A nice dog and pony show to placate the masses. Canada already has strict gun measures, in fact, the same measures liberals think we should implement here such as special licensing, government training, and of course, all the red tape. But oh! It's not working very well.

Will our Democrats learn anything from Canada? Probably not. But according to this Huff piece, their strict regulations have led to more shootings and gun deaths in 2018 compared to last year.
Why do you say it’s not working well? Because of this one incident? I haven’t looked at the numbers but does Canada have a fun violenve problem?

And I gotta correct one of your statements. A hand gun ban will absolutely stop people from getting guns, that’s the whole point. It won’t stop everybody but it puts less guns out there you can’t really dispute that.

This clown couldn't get a gun in Canada, so now the police suspect he got it from his brother who could. Not much different than what goes on here. Most criminals don't use a legal gun that they purchased.
True, but the point still stands. Gun bans equal less guns. It won’t stop all guns or all gun violence and it prevents people from being able to protect themselves with guns, but it does take guns off the street and decreases gun related crimes. We have a few countries that are very strict with these laws that have stats to show the effects
Na, We are the only country with the right to bear arms and the right to freedom of speech. What other countries do does not apply to us. So stop with the retarded thinking
We are talking about Canada dumbshit

You are close. Banning recreational narcotics stop good people from taking drugs. The bad people will take them regardless, and that's the exact same results that would take place with a gun ban.

An important difference would be that allowing good people to do drugs would do nothing to mitigate the ills caused by bad people doing drugs.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Good luck with that.

A few years ago the anti gun nuts couldn't even get the Canadians to register their guns, no less give them up.

They see freedom here in the US and they aren't weak minded like their European and Australian cousins.

Of course Trudeau is a homo pussy and the Canadians do drink milk out of bags so maybe all bets are off.

After a mass shooting left three people dead, including the shooter, in Toronto on Sunday, the city's conservative mayor backed a proposal that even the most liberal American politicians wouldn't dare support ― a total ban on all handgun sales.

"Why does anyone in this city need to have a gun at all?" Mayor John Tory asked at a city council meeting on Monday.

Tory spoke a day after 29-year-old Faisal Hussain opened fire with a handgun on a busy avenue in the city, killing two females and injuring 13 other people. The incident left Torontonians in fear and mourning and prompted the city council to vote on Tuesday night to ask the federal government to ban the sale of handguns within city limits.

"What's happened in the United States is what not to do," said Toronto city councilman Joe Cressy following Sunday's shooting.

So do they really think that a ban on handguns in Toronto will stop people from getting guns? They consider this Mayor a conservative?

I don't know, but I think liberal politics is beginning to infect our friends up north. A nice dog and pony show to placate the masses. Canada already has strict gun measures, in fact, the same measures liberals think we should implement here such as special licensing, government training, and of course, all the red tape. But oh! It's not working very well.

Will our Democrats learn anything from Canada? Probably not. But according to this Huff piece, their strict regulations have led to more shootings and gun deaths in 2018 compared to last year.
Canada really doesn’t give a damn what gun nuts who aren’t in Canada think about their policies.

Thanks for playing

Yeah, just like a narcotics ban stopped people from getting drugs...:rolleyes:
I don’t agree with drug laws but absolutely making drugs illegal prevent people from getting and doing drugs. It doesn’t stop everybody but I never claimed it did

Yeah I recognized that. It puts less guns on the street and will prevent mostly “Good” people from having guns for defense. It will also prevent some “bad” people from getting and using guns and then there will be some bad people who still get and use guns.

What it would do is create more of a demand by bad people. The theory of supply and demand works in the black market just like anywhere else. Bad people will manufacture guns in their basement, guns will be more worthwhile to kill somebody for like an armed security guard, police officer or gun shop owner.

Would you hang a huge sign on your front door that read WE HAVE NO FIREARMS IN THIS HOUSE?" Of course not, but if you disarm good people, that's exactly what you are telling criminals; the good people are defenseless.

Canada really doesn’t give a damn what gun nuts who aren’t in Canada think about their policies.

Thanks for playing

So you think I created this thread to tell Canadians what I think?

Why do you say it’s not working well? Because of this one incident? I haven’t looked at the numbers but does Canada have a fun violenve problem?

This clown couldn't get a gun in Canada, so now the police suspect he got it from his brother who could. Not much different than what goes on here. Most criminals don't use a legal gun that they purchased.
True, but the point still stands. Gun bans equal less guns. It won’t stop all guns or all gun violence and it prevents people from being able to protect themselves with guns, but it does take guns off the street and decreases gun related crimes. We have a few countries that are very strict with these laws that have stats to show the effects
Na, We are the only country with the right to bear arms and the right to freedom of speech. What other countries do does not apply to us. So stop with the retarded thinking
----------------------------------------------- Nothing Else Like the USA . I really like the point you make . And thats exactly what the FOUNDERS and Patriots of this Great Nation set up . We didn't want to be 'europe' Rustic .

Or Canada.

Thanks for playing
More insight from Jillian, can ANYONE show me a post of hers with actual thought and information?

Interesting to see how Toronto police would function without handguns, because a basic premise of all democratic republics is equality under the law. If civilians are banned handguns, than so would the police, military, and private security bodyguards.

Interesting to see how Toronto police would function without handguns, because a basic premise of all democratic republics is equality under the law. If civilians are banned handguns, than so would the police, military, and private security bodyguards.

Unfortunately for the citizens there, they have no Constitutional rights like we do.

The stupidity of this proposal is it applies to the sales of guns in Toronto. That means if somebody with evil intent is planning on gunning down people, he will just get a gun from somewhere else in the country.

Our homicide rate is 4-5x that of countries with strong gun control.

Sorry, comparing apples to oranges doesn't work anymore. Maybe you libs buy that trash but the rest of us see right through it.
Our homicide rates dropped after bill Clinton passed some gun control.

Seems you just don’t want a lower homicide rate. You enjoy burying our law enforcement regularly.

---------------------------------------- Equality under the law except for Special people . So not going to work that way in my opinion Rigby . But disarming all the SPECIAL people along with the rabble or regular taxpayers would be the BEST outcome . But it won't happen that way . See England , the 'queen' and other Special people have protection given by taxpayer paid bodyguards with hand guns while the English people have had their handguns confiscated . See the retired 'tony blair' whose bodyguard left her Glock 19 in a Starbucks coffee shop a few years ago [chuckle] Rigby .

Unfortunately for the citizens there, they have no Constitutional rights like we do.

The stupidity of this proposal is it applies to the sales of guns in Toronto. That means if somebody with evil intent is planning on gunning down people, he will just get a gun from somewhere else in the country.

If people understand law correctly, then all democratic republics require the same or more rights than those we put into the Constitution.
The whole idea of a democratic republic is that only inherent rights of individuals are the source of all authority.

That means the only reason anyone can be armed is to defend the inherent right of defense.
So then police can be armed only because the people have the right to defense, and can hire police to help do that defense.
So if average people can not be armed, then they can't authorize police to be armed, and police have to be treated equally under the law, and be equally unarmed.

It does not require a constitution, just logic and understanding the premise of a democratic republic.

Sorry, comparing apples to oranges doesn't work anymore. Maybe you libs buy that trash but the rest of us see right through it.
Our homicide rates dropped after bill Clinton passed some gun control.

Seems you just don’t want a lower homicide rate. You enjoy burying our law enforcement regularly.

Gun and violent crime decreased because of economic conditions, welfare reform, and the fact more and more states began adopting CCW laws and associated laws that protected the shooter instead of the criminal.

The US Assault Weapons ban was allowed to expire because it showed no conclusive results either way. In other words, it was a waste of time and money.

Forum List

Back