Canada has warm relations with India

Warm relations from a cold country is indeed something very special.

---

There have been irritants between Canada and India in the past, but fences were mended by former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and relations are likely to continue to be positive, says Carleton University professor Vivek Dehejia.

For its part, India felt that Canada did not crack down on Canadian supporters of the Khalistan separatist movement which wanted a homeland for Sikhs in the Indian state of Punjab. It also resented the bungled investigation of the deadly bombing of an Air India jet in 1985 and failure of effective prosecution in the matter.

However, in 2006 Canada made a symbolic gesture to improve relations by opening a trade office in Gujarat, the home state of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. “In terms of mending that relationship, you have to give former Prime Minister Harper enormous credit in opening up a dialogue with Mr. Modi in India and…this was at a time when Mr. Modi was something of a pariah in Washington, in London and elsewhere,” says Dehejia. Harper warmly welcomed Modi on a state visit to Canada in April 2015.

It is still early days for Canada’s new government under Justin Trudeau, says Dehejia. “But I would say that in some sense the Trudeau government has…grasped the baton where the Harper government left it off. There have been no major summit meetings or opportunities for the two leaders to interact but I would like to think that the goodwill that was engendered during the Harper-Modi years…will carry over into the current government of Mr. Trudeau.”

YAAAAYYYYY.... YAAAAYYYY ---LONG LIFE KHALISTAN ----
so there........vik

You are supporting a terrorist group which has been banned by the US government. But since you and your ilks are above the law, it does not really matter :)

PUNJAB FOR SIKHS YAAAYYYYYAAAAYYYYYY yipeeeee

Even Sikhs aren't stupid enough to want separation at this point. Punjab is an agrarian backwater with next-to-no tech or financial sectors (the backbone of the Indian economy) riddled with rural poverty, youth unemployment, and a major drug epidemic.

It will recede to a Yemen or a Bangladesh without the Indian central gov't.

Poor Sikhs-----everyone screws them

They tried to militarily secede from India and they got curbstomped as a result. Why empathize with treasonous scum?

Granted, a lot of Sikhs are pretty good people.

Do not pollute my threads with your bigotry against Sikhs. Sikhs are honorable and respectable group of people.

you are befuddled-----SIKHS is my faves-----but EVERYONE SCREWs THEM------MUSLIMS SCREW THEN AND HINDUS SCREW THEM. I AM NOT UNCONSCIOUS. Even in the USA, they have been attacked

Hindus do not screw them but it seems like Jews want to screw them.

Lol....on that note, Israeli officials praised India for the Operation Bluestar handiwork. It was all packed into those declassified files the Brits leaked a couple years back....Sikhs were outraged to know that the international powers turned a blind eye to India's perceived heavy-handedness in flushing out the Golden Temple.

"perceived" ?? are you a standup comedian-----yes---the international community winks at lots of barbarity---what else is new------the Sikhs are justly outraged

They tried to militarily secede from India and they got curbstomped as a result. Why empathize with treasonous scum?

Do not pollute my threads with your bigotry against Sikhs. Sikhs are honorable and respectable group of people.

you are befuddled-----SIKHS is my faves-----but EVERYONE SCREWs THEM------MUSLIMS SCREW THEN AND HINDUS SCREW THEM. I AM NOT UNCONSCIOUS. Even in the USA, they have been attacked

I have never known a jew who had anything against Sikhs------
you are delusional. They are not being attacked in the USA BY DA JOOOOOOS-----you must have been visiting a mosque. (btw----I have heard some hindu "jokes"----about Sikhs-----not funny ----but the hindus laughed----you know any
SIKH jokes??) ------Sikhs do believe that hindus screw Sikhs----ask the guy who shot INDIRA

Look in the mirror and you will see a Jew who has something against Sikhs.

what do I have against Sikhs? are you still laughing at SIKH jokes--------they ain't even slightly funny

Lol....on that note, Israeli officials praised India for the Operation Bluestar handiwork. It was all packed into those declassified files the Brits leaked a couple years back....Sikhs were outraged to know that the international powers turned a blind eye to India's perceived heavy-handedness in flushing out the Golden Temple.

Israel is a good friend of India. I do not have any knowledge of what their view was on Operation Bluestar but I will not be surprised if they supported India. That is what friends do -- support each other.

Note: There is a difference between Sikhs and Khalistanis. Sikhs are honorable people. Khalistanis are terrorists.

BS the rights of Sikhs are trampled by HINDOOS----of course not as much as they are trampled by muslims

YAAAYYYYYY YIPPEEEEEEE LONG LIVE SIKH PUNJAB

"perceived" ?? are you a standup comedian-----yes---the international community winks at lots of barbarity---what else is new------the Sikhs are justly outraged

Funny stuff coming from a member of the tribe which bombs hospitals and refugee camps from the sky just to stamp out rag tag militia groups

Of course, one rule for the Jew and another for the filthy goyim....Oy Vey.

Funny stuff coming from a member of the tribe which bombs hospitals and refugee camps from the sky just to stamp out rag tag militia groups

been spending time in the mosque again------nice of you

---

There have been irritants between Canada and India in the past, but fences were mended by former Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper and relations are likely to continue to be positive, says Carleton University professor Vivek Dehejia.

For its part, India felt that Canada did not crack down on Canadian supporters of the Khalistan separatist movement which wanted a homeland for Sikhs in the Indian state of Punjab. It also resented the bungled investigation of the deadly bombing of an Air India jet in 1985 and failure of effective prosecution in the matter.

However, in 2006 Canada made a symbolic gesture to improve relations by opening a trade office in Gujarat, the home state of Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi. “In terms of mending that relationship, you have to give former Prime Minister Harper enormous credit in opening up a dialogue with Mr. Modi in India and…this was at a time when Mr. Modi was something of a pariah in Washington, in London and elsewhere,” says Dehejia. Harper warmly welcomed Modi on a state visit to Canada in April 2015.

It is still early days for Canada’s new government under Justin Trudeau, says Dehejia. “But I would say that in some sense the Trudeau government has…grasped the baton where the Harper government left it off. There have been no major summit meetings or opportunities for the two leaders to interact but I would like to think that the goodwill that was engendered during the Harper-Modi years…will carry over into the current government of Mr. Trudeau.”

so there........vik

You are supporting a terrorist group which has been banned by the US government. But since you and your ilks are above the law, it does not really matter :)

Even Sikhs aren't stupid enough to want separation at this point. Punjab is an agrarian backwater with next-to-no tech or financial sectors (the backbone of the Indian economy) riddled with rural poverty, youth unemployment, and a major drug epidemic.

Finally, I am beginning to see some posts that show some promise :)

Sikhs do not want separation. It is a small group called Khalistanis that want to create Khalistan. It is primarily made of uneducated, violent and misguided Sikh Jaats. On 15th August, India's independence day, there was massive parade in Canada. Sikhs were everywhere flying Indian flag. They are proud Indians. Do not mix them with Khalistanis. Jews like iRosie are engaging in wishful thinking if they think Sikhs will do anything against India.

been spending time in the mosque again------nice of you

It is sad that you want to be a Nazi to Indians. What have Indians done to you?

---

so there........vik

Sikhs do not want separation. It is a small group called Khalistanis that want to create Khalistan. It is primarily made of uneducated, violent and misguided Sikh Jaats. On 15th August, India's independence day, there was massive parade in Canada. Sikhs were everywhere flying Indian flag. They are proud Indians. Do not mix them with Khalistanis. Jews like iRosie are engaging in wishful thinking if they think Sikhs will do anything against India.

Yes...and sadly I think you too are engaging in wishful thinking if you believe that the majority of Sikhs in the diaspora are loyal to India.

They are just being expedient. Here in the U.S., most Sikhs identify as "Indian" because their numbers are dwarfed by Indian Hindus of various backgrounds...and seeing the success and prosperity of "Indian-Americans", they are fine latching onto that label.

In Canada, however, they have the demographic advantage and feel emboldened to live out their Khalistani fantasies. In places like Metro Vancouver (Surrey) and the Greater Toronto Area (Brampton), Punjabi Sikh ethnic enclaves bear witness to the community routinely demonizing India and lionizing the Khalistani movement.

so there........vik

Yes...and sadly I think you too are engaging in wishful thinking if you believe that the majority of Sikhs in the diaspora are loyal to India.

They are just being expedient. Here in the U.S., most Sikhs identify as "Indian" because their numbers are dwarfed by Indian Hindus of various backgrounds...and seeing the success and prosperity of "Indian-Americans", they are fine latching onto that label.

In Canada, however, they have the demographic advantage and feel emboldened to live out their Khalistani fantasies. In places like Metro Vancouver (Surrey) and the Greater Toronto Area (Brampton), Punjabi Sikh ethnic enclaves bear witness to the community routinely demonizing India and lionizing the Khalistani movement.

I do not live in Canada so I do not know much about Canada but as far as US is concerned, all Indians, Hindus, Christians, Sikhs, etc come together. I was under the impression that it was the same way in Canada if not then Indians have some work to do in Canada.

---

so there........vik

vik imagines that he can read minds. "do something AGAINST INDIA"? why would Sikhs do something
AGAINST India?------it is not even clear to me that a nice
little home base for SIKHS in Punjab would not be GOOD
for India------Of course ALL OF PUNJAB----da whole damn
province-----plop it off of Pakistan and India------and make
it KHALISTAN-----ALL GOOD!!!!! Lots of happy Sikhs-----
--lots of semi satisfied, indifferent Indians----lots of REALLY INDIGNANT Pakistanis. ------a nice buffer zone of armed
Sikhs

so there........vik

vik imagines that he can read minds. "do something AGAINST INDIA"? why would Sikhs do something
--lots of semi satisfied, indifferent Indians----lots of REALLY INDIGNANT Pakistanis. ------a nice buffer zone of armed
Sikhs

You do not know the Sikh psyche to the extent that other South Asians do....they are vehemently anti-Hindu and have been that way for the past three decades.

Might makes right in this scenario. If Sikhs want Khalistan, tell them to wrap their turbans a little tighter, wipe the sweat off their upper lip...and come fight us for it. It won't be our doing if they end up suffering another episode like Bluestar.

PS: You are a fine example of Jewish hypocrisy (yet again). You can preach to us about giving the Sikhs statehood...... the moment Israel carves out a separate homeland for the Druze community consisting of the Galilee and the Golan heights...after all, it would benefit all parties involved to have a buffer zone of armed Druze between Israel and Syria, no? LOL.

Sikhs

You do not know the Sikh psyche to the extent that other South Asians do....they are vehemently anti-Hindu and have been that way for the past three decades.

Might makes right in this scenario. If Sikhs want Khalistan, tell them to wrap their turbans a little tighter, wipe the sweat off their upper lip...and come fight us for it. It won't be our doing if they end up suffering another episode like Bluestar.

PS: You are a fine example of Jewish hypocrisy (yet again). You can preach to us about giving the Sikhs statehood...... the moment Israel carves out a separate homeland for the Druze community consisting of the Galilee and the Golan heights...after all, it would benefit all parties involved to have a buffer zone of armed Druze between Israel and Syria, no? LOL.

whole different situation-----Druze do fine in Israel and do not
shoot at the Prime Minister------A much nicer place to put them would be southern Lebanon if they WANT their own place----I do not think they want to contend with the hezzbolians. What do you have against Druzies?

oh gee-----nair sahib is STUMPED. I have no idea WHY
Sikhs hate hindus ------ANYONE? No sikh ever said to me---
I HATE HINDUS. Typically---when thrown together like in
the USA ---under various circumstances---JOOOOS get along
fine with SIKHS-----In Israel ----JOOOOS get along fine with
Druzies.

Sikhs

shoot at the Prime Minister------A much nicer place to put them would be southern Lebanon if they WANT their own place----I do not think they want to contend with the hezzbolians. What do you have against Druzies?

Yeah, so Druze are more loyal to Israel than Sikhs are to India.....that's great for you. We will still not concede independence to Sikhs. Sikhs will forever be the dogs of Hindus- they were tributary vassals to the Maratha empire in the past....and since partition have been deployed on the front lines of India's wars on behalf of the Hindu politicians. They need a master- be it the British or the Hindus.

Druzies.

They dissemble their views here in the U.S....don't be fooled.

Sikhs

Yeah, so Druze are more loyal to Israel than Sikhs are to India.....that's great for you. We will still not concede independence to Sikhs. Sikhs will forever be the dogs of Hindus- they were tributary vassals to the Maratha empire in the past....and since partition have been deployed on the front lines of India's wars on behalf of the Hindu politicians. They need a master- be it the British or the Hindus.

COLD!!!! as in ---who-da-hell-duya-think-ya-are?-

LOOOONGGG LIVE KHALISTAN!!!!!!!!!!! yaayyyyy yipppeeeee. The only answer to the virulent fascist
racism of DA HINDOOOOS ---and that of the MUUUUSLOOOOMS ---is ALL OF PUNJAB FOR SIKHISM

Druzies.

I have never stumbled into a sikh liar---------as for hindoooos---
well-----they don't actually LIE----they just giggle

Sikhs

COLD!!!! as in ---who-da-hell-duya-think-ya-are?-

LOOOONGGG LIVE KHALISTAN!!!!!!!!!!! yaayyyyy yipppeeeee. The only answer to the virulent fascist
racism of DA HINDOOOOS ---and that of the MUUUUSLOOOOMS ---is ALL OF PUNJAB FOR SIKHISM

Sikhs are descended from Punjabi Hindus...same for Punjabi Muslims. What ancestral right do Sikhs have to a Khalistan?

Druzies.

I have never stumbled into a sikh liar---------as for hindoooos---
well-----they don't actually LIE----they just giggle

...yeah and Jews are shifty. What else is new?

Forum List

Back